- "I hope it all goes well."
- — Pyrrha
Pyrrha Alexandra (ピュラ・アレクサンドル, Pyura Arekusandoru; Greek: Πύρρα Αλεξάνδρα) is a character in the Soul series of fighting games, making her first playable appearance in Soulcalibur V as the deuteragonist(WTF DOES THIS MEAN) of the game, and her brother, Patroklos( is he fucking gay) being the protagonistIn Soulcalibur V's promotional material she is referred to as She Who Fights with Destiny's Child
Pyrrha is the daughter of Sophitia and Rothion Alexandra, the older sister of Patroklos, the niece of Cassandra Alexandra and Lucius, and the granddaughter of Achelous and Nike. When a mysterious customer gave Rothion a peculiar metallic fragment, the household went out of control, with the children fighting violently over what their father just received, while Sophitia was experiencing an aftermath from her previous wounds she sustained in her first battle against Soul Edge. A while after her younger sister, Cassandra, set off on her quest, Sophitia made her decision to get involved in order to save her children. When she arrived at Nightmare's former stronghold, she had an encounter with a green clad girl, who wanted to 'play' with her children. Upon returning home, Sophitia found them safe, for now. The girl in green met up with her again, saying that she would be back for them when the time is right. Sophitia knew that she had to stop her, especially with both Pyrrha and Patroklos' lives at stake.
In Soulcalibur IV, it is revealed that Tira had abducted Pyrrha, and it was said that she could not live without the influence of Soul Edge. This is the reason why Sophitia made the difficult decision to become a servant of the evil sword in order to save her daughter.
Before the events of Soulcalibur V Pyrrha has lived her life as a wanderer for seventeen years, not knowing her family exists because she has no one she can truly call "family".
Pyrrha seems weak willed, and Puerto Rican... She doesn't like the word faggot and she has been to 2 mental asylums don't let the presentation fool you... reluctant to fighting her opponents. On occasion, she even seems to regret winning (she cries after the battle, saying This... can't be my fault!). The way she fights combined with her quotes make her participation in the battles look very forced, which is unlike any other character in the game. She has a sweet, somewhat fragile and sad personality. Her gentleness is reminiscent of young Sophitia, who later on became tougher because of the turmoil and her involvement with the Swords.
Pyrrha's moveset is heavily based on her mother's and aunt's style, however with her original moves, it's strongly suggested that Pyrrha has little to no experience in battle. This is most visible in her stance, her guarding stance and her clumsy throws, which are causing a lot of commotion in the community. This is unlike any other character in the game, since all of them are either martial artists, trained warriors, or practitioners of a self-created style. Also, like the rest of her family, she is awful at range. Despite that, Pyrrha is more than likely going to be a high tier character because the developers are basing her moveset on Sophitia's and Cassandra's, which are both high to top-tier characters.
Pyrrha stabs her opponent thrice with her sword. During her critical edge, she begs "I can't... Please stop!".
Despite being the older sister of AGOUBA, Pyrrha's appearance is more reserved and youthful than her brother. She bears an uncanny resemblance to her mother, So
phitia. She has shoulder-length blonde hair, green eyes, pale skin, pink lips, small freckles and a blue ribbon on her right side of her head. She wears an elegant white dress with long leather brown and white boots, a brown shirt and gloves. Overall, her outfit seems to follow a chained-heart theme as her costume has several (real or stylized) chains as well as stylized hearts on it. This becomes most obvious with her armlet, which shows a heart in a birdcage, surrounded by chains. According to the Characters her breath seems to really stink no matter how much she flosses...
- "Wings of Sorrow*
- I'm sorry... I have no choice.
- I hope it all goes well.
- I... have to fight.
- Well then, best of luck.
- Are you in pain?
- I'm so sorry!
- I'm weak...
- I don't...want this!
- But I blocked it! - during Guard Burst.
- That must hurt...
- Please forgive me!
- Please don't!
- Please stop!
- I can't... please stop! - during Critical Edge.
- Here I... go!
- Oh God...this... can't be my fault!
- I'll remember you. You fought well.
- Not my fault... You brought this on yourself!
- My head hurts...
- I'm sorry!! - during Ring Out
- I don't want to fall! - during Ring Out
- Please hit!
- Go away!
- ...I'm Sorry - Taunt
- Don't hate me!
- Patroklos!! - when defeated by him.
- Both Pyrrha and Patroklos were first seen in Soulcalibur III in Tira's Good Ending, although just their heads and fair hair were visible.
- The baby carried by Sophitia in her Soulcalibur ending is most likely Pyrrha.
- Pyrrha was only 3 years old at the time she was kidnapped.
- If you look closely at Pyrrha's hair accessory, it is similar to Cassandra's shoulder piece and ribbon in Soulcalibur IV. However, it is much smaller.
- Pyrrha is wearing a cuff-link that bear the same symbol as Sophitia's belt accessories from her Soulcalibur IV 1P. However, it is much smaller.
- Pyrrha's Soulcalibur V theme music title "Wings of Sorrow" is a likely reference to the themes of Tira and Sophitia from previous games, "Wings of Despair" and "Wings of Faith" respectively.
- Pyrrha's design and personality seem to cater to the moe fandom. This has garnered some criticism from fans.
- Pyrrha's personality and circumstances bear resemblance to that of popular characters Noel Vermillion from BlazBlue and Dizzy from Guilty Gear.
- Pyrrha has the most unusual victory poses. Notably, she will say "My head hurts..." and faint, she will start crying saying "This... can't be my fault". At times she will also say "Not my fault... You brought this on yourself!" and run away.
- Prior to Pyrrha's unusual victory poses she also has a few unusual intros as well, when she will say "I...have to fight" as she timidly walks back shaking her head in disbelief.
- Pyrrha's 3D render has been reworked - she now holds her sword closer to her shield and her left hand almost can't be seen. Facial features have also been changed.
- Based on the story mode screenshots, it can be assumed that Pyrrha received her mother's weapons from Tira.
Pyrrha means "fire" in Greek.
The choice of her name might be a reference to a Pyrrhic victory.
- Granddaughter of Achelous and Nike.
- Daughter of Sophitia and Rothion.
- Niece of Cassandra and Lucius.
- Elder Sister of Patroklos.
- Was abducted by Tira when she was only a child.
|Main characters in the Soul series|
|Aeon Calcos | Algol | Amy | Astaroth (Original, Mass Produced) | Cassandra | Cervantes | Charade | Dampierre | Edge Master | Hilde | Hwang | Ivy | Kilik | Leixia | Li Long | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Natsu | Necrid | Olcadan | Patroklos (α Patroklos) | Pyrrha (Pyrrha Ω) | Raphael | Rock | Seong Han-myeong | Seong Mi-na | Setsuka | Siegfried | Sophitia | Soul Calibur (Elysium) | Soul Edge (Inferno, Nightmare, Night Terror) | Taki | Talim | Tira | Viola | Voldo | Xianghua | Xiba | Yoshimitsu (First, Second) | Yun-seong | Zasalamel (Abyss) | Z.W.E.I.|