- "Glory to mankind."
- — 2B
Her official title is Glory to Mankind.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Physical Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 Costumes
- 5 Weapon & Style
- 6 Critical Edge
- 7 Weapons
- 8 Stage
- 9 Quotes
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Video
- 13 References
- 14 External Links
2B was created 3 years before the events of the game as part of the new line of YoRHa androids. She was given the designation of 2B as a cover by the YoRHa Commander, who gave her orders to observe one of the new Scanner models in action during YoRHa's operations against the machines. In reality, she is an Executioner model, 2E, rather than a Battle-type android as she is named.
2B's role was to ensure that 9S would not discover the true nature of Project YoRHa by executing him in case he dug too deep because of the natural curiosity programmed into him. Over the course of hundreds of operations, 2B was forced to kill 9S and wipe his memory countless times, an act that she came to hate for the pain it caused her after bonding with him over that time. The said project was supposed to assert that the human race still exists and that units like herself was to protect what was then, the remnants of humanity.
It was a peculiar mission.
Objective: To be delivered upon arrival.
The location 2B arrived and was unlike any she had seen before. A search of her language database for an appropriate term returned to words “ancient castle,” and this one appeared to have abandoned long ago. Her sensors detected no machine lifeforms.
"Communication received from Bunker," spoke the robotic voice from 2B's tactical support pod.
"Mission received. Objective: Destroy the hostile entity, Soul Edge."
"Hostile entity? Not a machine lifeform?" 2B thought aloud. "Not that it matters. If that is the mission, I must complete it."
Her pod piped up again. "Proposal: Search for target." Suddenly, she felt a strange sensation—a twinge— on the back of her neck. She dismissed it as a small glitch in her sensors, but if androids could feel unease, she knew this must be it.
2B is a female android created by YoRHa. She has short white hair with a headband. She wears her standard YoRHa uniform, which consists of a black puffy sleeved dress with a side slit and bow; decorated with feathers and sheer material, with her back and a bit of her bust exposed and white and black gloves. She also wears thigh-highs and thigh-length heeled boots. 2B also posesses a visor that wraps around and covers her eyes; which she rarely takes off. However, if removed, her eyes are revealed to be bluish-gray in color.
2B is a blade of quiet determination. As a combat android, she does not encourage idle chatter on frivolous subjects and is generally reticent towards others. She also has high respect for the chain of command and rarely questions her orders, unlike her partner. However, 2B occasionally expresses a notably sardonic wit in the face of certain situations and can even be hot-headed at times.
2B is prone to letting her emotionless guise slip in certain situations. As she and 9S become closer, she becomes more sociable and willing to engage in conversation. For example, she humors 9S when he talks about taking her shopping after the war with the Machines has ended and even uses his preferred nickname of 'Nines', though she quickly takes it back. 2B also exhibits thinly-veiled jealousy when 9S agrees to help the Resistance member in the Amnesia side quest, accusing him of falling for her. In the final battle against Adam, she expresses pure rage and raw hatred for the Machine Leader when she witnesses 9S's critical condition, swearing she would kill him.
In numerous moments throughout her adventure, 2B expresses frustration and pain with her true role in relation to 9S, hating the cycle they are locked in. She becomes emotional at having a chance to finally save the 9S she knows from Engels' attack at the beginning of the game but later shows anger at learning that his memory after their initial rendezvous was lost.
2B's Color 1 is her YoRHa uniform from the game NiER: Automata.
Her Color 2 is the same as her Color 1, albeit re-colored white. Her hair in this costume is now brown and she has darker skin.
Downloading 2B will give players the a revealing lingerie like set for customization. This costume was originally worn by Kaine; a character from the original NiER series.
Weapon & Style
Virtuous Contract is a white blade used by samurai of the East. Virtuous Treaty bears similar patterns to Virtuous Contract on its grip, but is imbued with a deeper, more formal meaning. Both have been carefully tuned for maximum efficiency in the hands of a YoRHa android. Virtuous Contract has been 2B's constant companion through countless battles, and she places a great deal of trust in the sturdy sword. Even when forced to abandon her body and activate a new one, she always seeks to recover it. In truth, there is another reason why she is so loathe to part with her blade: Recorded in the memory circuits of Virtuous Contract is the data from all her battles and missions. It is said this is related to a secret mission entrusted to her, but this theory has not been verified.
Autonomous Anti-Machine Combat Android
YoRHa fighting techniques are designed for combat against machine lifeforms. Installed in exquisitely deadly bodies specially built for the annihilation of their mechanical foes, they employ acrobatic leaps and midair slashes, lightning-fast evasions, and perfectly coordinated strikes with tactical support pods in a complex and flexible combat style.
YoRHa combat androids are capable of wielding multiple weapons at any given time, smoothly switching from one to the other to best suit the situation. Although generally equipped with one small sword and one large sword, they are also adept with spears and other martial weapons.
Combat androids are constantly updated with battle analyzed by YoRHa operators; however, differences in individual units’ abilities to exist. A YoRHa model’s fighting style and skill varies greatly depending on their experience and the missions they’ve completed. 2B, in particular, possesses ability far above that of her Type-B peers.
As a deadly last resort, 2B can also destabilize her reactor core to self-destruct, causing her black box to explode if her situation becomes dire.
Suppression: Extermination Gambit: 2B draws her small sword and proceeds to slash her opponent multiple times before ending with a wall of weapons from the floor.
Limiter Release: Self-Destruct: Only available when low on health. 2B commands Pod to fire a gravity shell that attract 2B and her opponent. Upon approaching her opponent, a 2-second countdown timer starts ticking where should it reach zero, 2B will explode.
She is equipped with a multitude of weapons for close quarters combat and can attack from range using the Pod support system.
- Virtuous Treaty & Virtuous Contract
- Beastbane & Beastlord
- Phoenix Dagger & Phoenix Sword
- Type-40 Sword & Type-40 Blade
- Type-3 Sword & Type-3 Blade
- Machine Sword & Machine Axe
- Iron Pipe & Iron Will
BGM: City Ruins: Soul
- "Proceeding to target location. Pod." — Character Selection, 1P
- "I...didn't say anything yet." — Character selection, 2P, response to Pod
- "I'll handle it." — Standard entrance, 1P, response to Pod
- "You don't say..." — Standard entrance, 1P, response to Pod
- "Is this...really a machine...?"
- "Eliminating threat." Standard entrance, 2P, response to Pod
- "Then we terminate it." — against Malfested characters, Taki or Sophitia, response to Pod
- "...What are you?" — Mirror match, response to Pod
- "A YoRHa unit...? But why...?" — Mirror match, response
- "Of course. It's what we're made for." — against Azwel
- "Pod!" — Start of Critical Edge
- "We will continue to fight." — Critical Edge
- "...Until our day of reckoning comes." — After Critical Edge KO's opponent
- "I will fulfill my mission." — Special Critical Edge
- "Do it." — During special Critical Edge
- "My sight..." — During special Critical Edge
- "Guess this...is it..." — Spoken when defeated in a mirror match
- "9...S?" — After special Critical Edge KO's opponent
- "Surrender immediately." — Reversal Edge (offensive)
- "You let your guard down." — Reversal Edge (offensive)
- "I see through you." — Reversal Edge (offensive)
- "What a waste of time." — Reversal Edge
- "Now then..." — Reversal Edge, low health (offensive)
- "Almost...there..." — Reversal Edge, low health (offensive)
- "You're finished!"
- "What power does he use?" — Reversal Edge against Nightmare (defensive)
- "Red eyes. A logic virus?" — Reversal Edge against Nightmare (offensive)
- "That hair is...illogical." — Reversal Edge against Maxi
- "Ngh. It's as tough as a Type D."— Starting Mirror match Reversal Edge (defensive)
- "I'm here to fight, that's all." — Starting Mirror match Reversal Edge (offensive)
- "I don't need forgiveness." — During Mirror Match Reversal Edge
- "She's tough at close range."
- "Is she reading my moves?"
- "If only we didn't have hearts..."
- "Why are we fighting?"
- "What a pain."
- "We have no right to judge."
- "Why am I hesitating?"
- "This won't stop me!"
- "It's not over!"
- "Ngh...Nine..." — Standing KO
- "You missed." — Dodging Reversal Edge
- "This ends." — Ending Reversal Edge
- "Too easy." — Dodging Reversal Edge
- "You're dead." — Ending Reversal Edge
- "Don't mess with me." — Ending Reversal Edge, low health
- "Nothing's ever easy." — Reversal Edge (defensive)
- "I'll end this quickly." — Reversal Edge (defensive)
- "What a waste of time." — Reversal Edge (defensive)
- "Such a pain." — Reversal Edge, low health (defensive)
- "I'll find a way." — Reversal Edge, low health (defensive)
- "Give up."
- "Now's my chance."
- "How about this?"
- "Not yet."
- "Don't get hit!"
- "Give up...already."
- "You're dead."
- "Back me up."
- "What's this?"
- "...Glory to mankind." — Standard victory, response to Pod's "Hostile threat eliminated."
- "I... I cannot die. I made someone a promise." — Standard victory
- "What is it?" — Standard victory, response to Pod's "Report, item recovered."
- "...I see." — Standard victory, response to Pod's random item reports
- "...From below?" — When camera pans below pointing at her butt, response to Pod
- "We are YoRHa. Emotions are prohibited..." - Spoken after winning a mirror match
- "Good." — Taunt, response to Pod
- "Hmm..." — Start of taunt, alternate quote
- "I'll consider it." — Taunt, response to Pod (alternate quote)
- "I let my guard down." — Spoken after losing by Ring Out
- "Pod, upload my data." — Spoken after losing by Ring Out, second quote
- "Fine." — Spoken after losing by Time Out, response to Pod
- "Why you..."
- "Too slow."
- "Just die already."
- "Retrieving map data." — Character selection, 1P, response to 2B
- "Alert: hostile lifeform detected." — Standard entrance, 1P
- "Proposal: dispatch it as swiftly as possible." — Standard entrance, 1P
- "Activating short-ranged combat gear." — Standard entrance, 2P
- "Alert: approaching enemy target." — Mirror match
- "Unknown energy signature detected." — vs. Malfested characters, Taki, or Sophitia
- "Alert: we are being watched from below." — When camera pans below pointing at 2B's butt
- "Hostile threat eliminated." — Standard victory
- "Initiating attack program." — During Critical Edge
- "Firing gravity control shell." — During special Critical Edge
- "Alert: hostile remains active." — After Critical Edge does not finish off an opponent
- "Close-range combat is advised." — During Reversal Edge
- "Alert: counterattack incoming." — During Reversal Edge
- "Report: affinity increased." — Taunt, first quote, response to 2B
- "Report: affinity has risen." — Taunt, second quote, response to 2B
- "Proposal: perform regularly." — Taunt, third quote, response to 2B
- "Report: pleasant." — Taunt, fourth quote, response to 2B
- "Report: satisfying." — Taunt, fifth quote, response to 2B
- "Report: affinity has reached upper limit." — Taunt, sixth quote, response to 2B
- "Provide similar care to Unit 9S." — Taunt, response to 2B's alternate quote
- "Report: item recovered." — Standard victory
- "Classified data." — (random after saying "Report: item recovered.")
- "Unknown." — (random after saying "Report: item recovered.")
- "A deadly toxin." — (random after saying "Report: item recovered.")
- "A "traffic ticket"." — (random after saying "Report: item recovered.")
- "A weapon fragment." — (random after saying "Report: item recovered.")
- "A mackerel." — (random after saying "Report: item recovered.")
- "Executing support program." — Soul Charge
- "Proposal: utilize Pod support." — Soul Charge, low health
- "Alert: vital signs repleted due to self-destruction." — After special Critical Edge does not finish off an opponent
- "Alert: error in YoRHa Unit 2B's memory region." — After special Critical Edge finishes off an opponent
- "Alert: recall order received from Bunker." — Time Out
- "Mission timer has run out." — Time Out, second quote
- "Proposal: initiate repairs." — Reversal Edge, low health
- "Alert: critical damage detected." — Reversal Edge, low health
- "Negative. No virus detected." — Reversal Edge against Nightmare
- She is one of the two artificially made female characters in the series, the other being Ashlotte.
- 2B is the first guest character representing Square Enix, unlike Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy who was originally planned to be in Soulcalibur II prior to being replaced by the second-party guest Heihachi Mishima.
- She is the first proper female guest character in the Soul series, rather than as one of the pseudo guests like KOS-MOS in Soulcalibur III and Angol Fear in Soulcalibur IV.
- She is the first guest character to be customizable and have their armor broken, followed by Haohmaru.
- Due to her status as a downloadable guest character, 2B is the first playable guest character not to have a storyline in Soul Chronicle. This may apply to future DLC guest characters.
- Unlike Kilik, 2B's alternate Critical Edge is not a Soul Charge-based exclusive. Instead, it can only be used when health is at or below 30%, similar how Siegfried gains an exclusive boost from his “Dark Legacy”.
- The win pose in which her pod tells her that she's being watched from below is a reference to the What Are You Doing? achievement in NiER: Automata where the player has to look up her skirt ten times to obtain said achievement.
- While a custom character is using 2B's fighting style, if the pitch of his voice is changed, Pod's pitch changes too.
- 2B shares the same English voice actress as Talim.
|Guest characters in the Soul series|
• Heihachi Mishima •
• Spawn •
• Darth Vader •
• Starkiller •
|Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny|
• Devil Jin •
• 2B •
• Haohmaru •