- "Glory to mankind."
- — 2B
YoRHa No. 2 Type B (ヨルハ二号B型, YoRuHa Nigō B-gata) or 2B is the main protagonist of the 2017 video game Nier: Automata. She appeared in Soulcalibur VI as a guest via DLC, released on December 18, 2018.
Her official title is Glory to Mankind.
2B was created an unspecified amount of time before the events of the game as part of the new line of YoRHa androids. She was given the designation of 2B as a cover by the YoRHa Commander, who gave her orders to observe one of the new Scanner models in action during YoRHa's operations against the machines. In reality, she is an Executioner model, 2E, rather than a Battle-type android as she is named.
2B's role was to ensure that 9S would not discover the true nature of Project YoRHa by executing him in case he dug too deep because of the natural curiosity programmed into him. Over the course of hundreds of operations, 2B was forced to kill 9S and wipe his memory countless times, an act that she came to hate for the pain it caused her after bonding with him over that time. The said project was supposed to assert that the human race still exists and that units like herself was to protect what was then, the remnants of humanity.
2B is a female android created by YoRHa. She has short white hair with a headband. She wears her standard YoRHa uniform, which consists of a black puffy sleeved dress with a side slit and bow; decorated with feathers and sheer material, with her back and a bit of her bust exposed and white and black gloves. She also wears thigh-highs and thigh-length heeled boots. 2B also posesses a visor that wraps around and covers her eyes; which she rarely takes off. However, if removed, her eyes are revealed to be bluish-gray in color.
2B is a blade of quiet determination. As a combat android, she does not encourage idle chatter on frivolous subjects and is generally reticent towards others. She also has high respect for the chain of command and rarely questions her orders, unlike her partner. However, 2B occasionally expresses a notably sardonic wit in the face of certain situations and can even be hot-headed at times.
2B is prone to letting her emotionless guise slip in certain situations. As she and 9S become closer, she becomes more sociable and willing to engage in conversation. For example, she humors 9S when he talks about taking her shopping after the war with the Machines has ended and even uses his preferred nickname of 'Nines', though she quickly takes it back. 2B also exhibits thinly-veiled jealousy when 9S agrees to help the Resistance member in the Amnesia side quest, accusing him of falling for her. In the final battle against Adam, she expresses pure rage and raw hatred for the Machine Leader when she witnesses 9S's critical condition, swearing she would kill him.
In numerous moments throughout her adventure, 2B expresses frustration and pain with her true role in relation to 9S, hating the cycle they are locked in. She becomes emotional at having a chance to finally save the 9S she knows from Engels' attack at the beginning of the game but later shows anger at learning that his memory after their initial rendezvous was lost.
2B's default P1 costume is her YoRHa uniform from the game NiER: Automata.
Her P2 costume is the same as her P1 costume, albeit re-colored white. Her hair in this costume is now brown and she has darker skin.
Her third costume is a revealing lingerie like set. This costume was originally worn by Kaine; a character from the original NiER series.
Suppression: Extermination Gambit: 2B draws her small sword and proceeds to slash her opponent multiple times before ending with a wall of weapons from the floor.
Limiter Release: Self-Destruct: Only available when low on health. 2B commands Pod to fire a gravity shell that attract 2B and her opponent. Upon approaching her opponent, a 2-second countdown timer starts ticking where should it reach zero, 2B will explode.
She is equipped with a multitude of weapons for close quarters combat and can attack from range using the Pod support system.
- Virtuous Treaty & Virtuous Contract
- Beastbane & Beastlord
- Phoenix Dagger & Phoenix Sword
- Type-40 Sword & Type-40 Blade
- Type-3 Sword & Type-3 Blade
- Machine Sword & Machine Axe
- Iron Pipe & Iron Will
- "Proceeding to target location. Pod." - Character Selection, 1P
- "I...didn't say anything yet." - Character selection, 2P, response to Pod
- "I'll handle it."
- "You don't say..."
- "Is this...really a machine...?"
- "Eliminating threat."
- "Then we terminate it." - vs. Malfested characters, response to Pod
- "...What are you?" - Mirror match, response to Pod
- "A YoRHa unit...? But why...?" - Mirror match, response
- "Of course. It's what we're made for." - vs. Azwel
- "Pod!" - Start of Critical Edge
- "We'll continue to fight." - Critical Edge
- "...Until our day of reckoning comes." - After Critical Edge KO's opponent
- "I will fulfill my mission." - Special Critical Edge
- "Do it." - During special Critical Edge
- "My sight..." - During special Critical Edge
- "Guess this...is it..." - Spoken when defeated in a mirror match
- "9...S?" - After special Critical Edge KO's opponent
- "Surrender immediately." - Reversal Edge
- "You let your guard down." - Reversal Edge
- "I see through you." - Reversal Edge
- "Now then..." - Reversal Edge, low health
- "Almost...there..." - Reversal Edge, low health
- "You're finished!"
- "What power does he use?"
- "Red eyes. A logic virus?" - Reversal Edge, vs. Nightmare
- "That hair is...illogical." - Reversal Edge, vs. Maxi
- "Ngh. It's as tough as a Type D."
- "I'm here to fight, that's all." - Starting Mirror match Reversal Edge
- "I don't need forgiveness." - During Mirror Match Reversal Edge
- "She's tough at close range."
- "Is she reading my moves?"
- "If only we didn't have hearts..."
- "Why are we fighting?"
- "What a pain."
- "We have no right to judge."
- "Why am I hesitating?"
- "This won't stop me!"
- "It's not over!"
- "Ngh...Nine..." - Standing KO
- "You missed." - Dodging Reversal Edge
- "This ends." - Ending Reversal Edge
- "Too easy." - Ending Reversal Edge
- "You're dead."
- "Don't mess with me." - Ending Reversal Edge, low health
- "Nothing's ever easy."
- "I'll end this quickly."
- "What a waste of time."
- "Such a pain."
- "I'll find a way."
- "Give up."
- "Now's my chance."
- "How about this?"
- "Not yet."
- "Give up...already."
- "You're dead."
- "Back me up."
- "What's this?"
- "...Glory to mankind."
- "I... I cannot die. I made someone a promise."
- "What is it?"
- "...I see."
- "...From below?"
- "We are YoRHa. Emotions are prohibited..." - Spoken after winning a mirror match
- "Good." - Taunt, response to 2B
- "Hmm..." - Start of taunt, alternate quote
- "I'll consider it." - Taunt, response to 2B (alternate quote)
- "I let my guard down." - Spoken after losing by Ring Out
- "Pod, upload my data." - Spoken after losing by Ring Out, second quote
- "Fine." - Spoken after losing by Time Out, response to Pod
- "Why you!"
- "Too slow!"
- "Just die already!"
- "Retrieving map data." - Character selection, 1P, response to 2B
- "Alert: hostile lifeform detected." - Mirror match
- "Alert: approaching enemy target."
- "Unknown energy signature detected." - vs. Malfested characters
- "Alert: we are being watched from below."
- "Hostile threat eliminated."
- "Proposal: dispatch it as swiftly as possible."
- "Activating short-ranged combat gear."
- "Initiating attack program." - During Critical Edge
- "Firing gravity control shell." - During special Critical Edge
- "Alert: hostile remains active." - After Critical Edge
- "Close-range combat is advised." - During Reversal Edge
- "Alert: counterattack incoming." - During Reversal Edge
- "Report: item recovered."
- "Report: affinity increased." - Taunt, first quote
- "Report: affinity has risen." - Taunt, second quote
- "Proposal: perform regularly." - Taunt, third quote
- "Report: pleasant." - Taunt, fourth quote
- "Report: satisfying." - Taunt, fifth quote
- "Report: affinity has reached upper limit." - Taunt, sixth quote
- "Provide similar care to Unit 9S." - Taunt, response to 2B's alternate quote
- "Classified data."
- "A deadly toxin."
- "A "traffic ticket"."
- "A weapon fragment."
- "A mackerel."
- "Executing support program." - Soul Charge
- "Proposal: utilize Pod support." - Soul Charge, low health
- "Alert: vital signs repleted due to self-destruction." - After special Critical Edge
- "Alert: error in YoRHa Unit 2B's memory region." - After special Critical Edge KO's opponent
- "Alert: recall order received from Bunker." - Time Out
- "Mission timer has run out." - Time Out, second quote
- "Proposal: initiate repairs." - Reversal Edge, low health
- "Alert: critical damage detected." - Reversal Edge, low health
- "Negative. No virus detected." - Reversal Edge, vs. Nightmare
- She is one of the two artificially made female characters in the series, the other being Ashlotte.
- 2B is the first guest character representing Square Enix, unlike Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy who was originally planned to be in Soulcalibur II prior being replaced by the second-party guest Heihachi Mishima.
- She is the first proper female guest character in the Soul series, rather than as one of the pseudo guests like KOS-MOS in Soulcalibur III and Angol Fear in Soulcalibur IV.
- She is the first guest character to be customizable and have their armor broken.
- Due to her status as a downloadable guest character, 2B is the first playable guest character not to have a storyline in Soul Chronicle. This may applied to some possible future DLC guest characters.
- Unlike Kilik, 2B’s alternate Critical Edge is not a Soul Charge-based exclusive. Instead, it can only be used when health is at or below 25%, similar how Siegfried gains an exclusive boost from his “Dark Legacy”.
- The win pose in which her pod tells her that she's being watched from below is a reference to the What Are You Doing? achievement in NiER: Automata where the player has to look up her skirt ten times to obtain said achievement.
- While a custom character is using 2B's fighting style, if the pitch of his voice is changed, Pod's pitch changes too.
|Guest characters in the Soul series|
|Soulcalibur II|| |
• Heihachi Mishima •
• Spawn •
|Soulcalibur III|| |
|Soulcalibur Legends|| |
|Soulcalibur IV|| |
• Darth Vader •
• Starkiller •
|Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny|| |
|Soulcalibur V|| |
• Devil Jin •
|Soulcalibur VI|| |
• 2B •