The Announcer is a referee that tells the player when the battle will start, declaring the winner and more. Depending on which game is played, the voice changes.
- Battle (number), Versus (opponent), Battle, Fight! (only in Practice Mode), Sudden Death, Fight! (when it's a draw) or Final Battle, Fight!
- K.O.! (originally spoken as Knock Out!)
- Double K.O.! (originally spoken as Double Knock Out!)
- Stage Completed!
- Ring Out! (originally spoken as Out of the Ring!)
- Mission Accomplished
- Mission Failed
- Stage Failed
- You Win! or "name of the character" Wins!
- You Lose!
The Announcer has also been referred to as the Narrator, who before and sometimes after has said various quotes, related to the games warrior spirit and history.
- Transcending history and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.
- Now, two souls are fiercely entangled.
- A hero desires a sword, and a sword desires truth.
- The fighters face a gruesome quest to search for the ultimate sword.
- The almighty ones have granted you a sword to cut your own path.
- Watched over by the almighty ones, they unleash their fury.
- Fate conspired to arrange their battle.
- Believe in your power and reach for victory.
- Let your desire for power take you beyond your limits.
- Power without idea isn't justice.
- The sword's flame will devour all desire.
- Slashing through the shadows, she defeats the evils that lurk behind history
- Victory belongs to the last one standing.
- The battle has finished. Only the victor may proceed onward.
- Only one fate awaits the defeated.
- The legend will never die.
- The grueling battle ended with the victory of (character name).
- (character name) stood again against an impossible enemy.
- This victory strengthened the soul of (character name).
- (character name) was seriously wounded, but their soul still burns.
- Stand! Fight till your last breath!
- Victory goes to the last one standing.
- Victory will not come easily. It must be seized.
- The battle is over. Show respect for the fallen who fought so bravely.
- Claim victory and bask in the glory.
- The goddess of victory smiles upon the strong of spirit.
- Soul Edge: Barry Gjerde (Arcade and PlayStation versions)
- Soulcalibur: Jeff Manning (Arcade and Dreamcast versions)
- Soulcalibur II & Soulcalibur III: Cazmo Lukrich
- Soulcalibur Legends: David Lodge
- Soulcalibur IV & Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny: Dave Mallow
- Soulcalibur V, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords, & Soulcalibur VI: Paul St. Peter