Edgardo is a fictional character that was meant to be introduced in Soulcalibur III, along with Tira, Setsuka and Zasalamel. Since his in-game model, but not his movelist, was completed, Edgardo never made it into the final game due to scheduling issues and the resulting time pressure.
Claiming to be an ally to Siegfried, he encountered and fought Taki prior to Soulcalibur IV. he was defeated, but spared.
- It is notable that his concept bears similarities with Soulcalibur IV boss Algol.
- He did, however, appear in Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, as a custom character in Quick Match mode.
- Despite being unused, Edgardo is still considered a canon character.
- During Soul Calibur 3 they would add a character using a double saber, apparently it would be Edgardo. Apparently he could transform his weapon in 4 shapes: double saber, double sword, cross sword and scissors.
- The Egyptian temple was originally planned as the Edgard stage.