The Evil Seed (イヴィルスパーム Ivuiru Supāmu?, "Evil Sperm") was an event depicted in Soulcalibur Legends and the Soulcalibur opening sequence, as well as Soulcalibur VI's Soul Chronicle prologue, where a bright beam of light shot into the sky from Soul Edge after it accepted Siegfried as its rightful owner. According to New Legends of Project Soul this was because Soul Edge had become unbalanced and enraged by the death of Cervantes and the destruction of its other half.
- People began transforming into Malfested.
- A French noble went mad and attacked fellow nobleman Raphael Sorel, only to be killed as Raphael defended himself.
- Aeon Calcos, then still human, went mad and slaughtered an entire village of people.
- Gel-o-Fury, a demon, broke free of his imprisonment in the Bamboo Shrine of Ōmi Province.
- Monks of the Ling Sheng-Su temple went mad and started killing each other. Kilik was the only survivor, thanks to the sacrifice of his adopted sister Xianglian by killing her out of mercy.
- Talim fell into a coma for a number of days.
- Tira's former master, the leader of the Bird of Passage, lost his mind.
- The Kali-Yuga absorbs energy from the Evil Seed and begins to have potential transformation into a second Soul Edge.
- Cervantes was resurrected.
Original Timeline only
- The Grand Labyrinth where Olcadan was imprisoned was opened.
- Hilde's father, the king of Wolfkrone, went insane.
New Timeline only
- Skeletons became animate and began attacking people.