- "Peace, cannot be attained through conflict."
- — Kisandra
Kisandra Cassaventes (Kisandraカサヴェテス, Kisandra kasavu~etesu) is a character in the Soul series & fan Astral series of fighting games, she is the older sister to Kilina, Mother to Klymene and Aunt to Millicent. Kisandra made her debut in Soulcalibur III, and has returned for Soulcalibur IV. She also appears in many fan games, making her debut return in Soulcalibur Astral Swords.
What lies in her soul is Protection.
- 1 About Kisandra
- 2 Biography
- 2.1 Early Life
- 2.2 Soulcalibur III - 1591 -
- 2.3 Soulcalibur IV - 1591 -
- 2.4 Soulcalibur IV (Ending) - 1591 -
- 2.5 Soulcalibur Astral Swords - 1608 -
- 2.6 Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light - 1611 -
- 2.7 Soulcalibur: The Spirit Lineage - 1611 -
- 2.8 Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A Dark Destiny - 1611 -
- 3 Physical Appearance/Costumes
- 4 Personality
- 5 Fighting Style
- 6 Weapons
- 7 Critical Finish
- 8 Stages
- 9 Theme Music
- 10 Quotes
- 11 Relationships
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Series Appearances
- 14 Appearances in other Media
- 15 References
To be added...
Kisandra was born August 2nd, 1572 to two commoners, Erríkos and Kaarina Cassaventes. Although, her time with her Parents was short-lived. In 1574, shortly after her Sister, Kilina was born, Kisandra was left on the streets by her Parents, a long with her sister. Her Parents were both murdered shortly after, unbeknown to Kisandra as she was only a baby. She was then taken to the Kingdom of Grandall by an unknown creature named, Astra. Kisandra lived her life raised in the castle, training to become a warrior. She never knew about her Parents tragic passing and was led to believe that she was simply abandoned by them. She would not find out the truth until many years later.
Soulcalibur III - 1591 -
Kisandra is now 18 years old. Now a fully trained warrior, her and her sister, Kilina, fight alongside the Kingdom of Grandall in hopes of taking over other Kingdoms. The two sisters stick close by each other, most of the time with their childhood friend and fellow warrior, Abelia. However, Kisandra does not exactly enjoy fighting in the war. She doesn't like violence, or battle at all. Taking over other Kingdoms, killing many on her way just felt morally wrong for her. She couldn't take it any longer, constantly confiding in her younger sister, crying out of battle.
"Kilina, I just can't do it any longer" Kisandra cries.
"All the pain, the death I can't take it! Not only that but... But... I'm scared, scared that you may get hurt, or die!" Kisandra shouts, bawling. Kilina hugs her sister.
"Don't worry, Kisandra. Just prepare yourself for battle tomorrow, stay close to me. I have a plan.. Make sure Klymene is out of here and safe, before tomorrow" Kilina says as she gets up. Kisandra looks at her with curiosity across her face, she wipes her tears away and Kilina gives her a quick nod as she leaves.
The next day, amidst the battle, Kisandra sticks close to her sister.
"It's time!" Kilina states. Kisandra looks at her confused. "Flee!" she shouts. The pair run through the battlefield, attempting to flee the Kingdom altogether. However, they don't get very far. They are stopped by multiple warriors from their own Kingdom as they flee, fleeing is a crime, the sentence is death. The sister fight hordes of Men, but it's too much, they are getting too weak. Kisandra manages to knock a few more warriors out before almost collapsing. She notices a clearance and attempts to run with her sister in tow. The pair make it out, barley alive.
"Now where do we go?" Kisandra asks. Before Kilina even has time to answer a voice in the distance shouts out.
"You're going nowhere!" The sisters turn around and see their childhood friend stand before them.
"Abelia please... We must leave! I can't stand the war anymore" Kisandra begs. Abelia looks away, saddened. "I'm sorry Kisandra, but if you and your sister are fleeing... Well, you know the law.. I'm loyal to my Kingdom, I'll fight you if I must". Abelia attacks the sisters with tears in her eyes, and a long fight ensures. Kisandra and Kilina are both too weak to continue, they fall to the ground, bloody and bruised. Abelia walks towards them, with her sword and shield raised.
"I'm sorry..." she says, as a tear falls from her eye. Just as Abelia is about to strike an arrow, marked with blue feather and the end flies towards Abelia hitting her in the shoulder. She winces, but the sisters see this as an opening. Kisandra kicks Abelia down as she mutters sorry, before getting up and running with her sister. Leaving the Kingdom of Grandall once and for all.
The pair, finally free from the Kingdom, free from the war, travel the lands for a while before coming across a Woman named Hilde. Hilde sees that they are badly injured and takes them to her homeland of Wolfkrone to be patched up. She tells the pair about the Evil Seed, Soul Edge and the spirit sword, Soul Calibur. Telling Kisandra about this, the pain the evil sword is causing in the world, she agrees to join Hilde's army. This time, fighting for a good cause. To rid the world of evil. Although Kisandra does not like war, she wants to put her skills to good use and help defeat the evil sword, as well as protect the spirit sword. Kisandra swears she will do all it takes to destroy the evil sword... No matter what the cost.
Soulcalibur IV - 1591 -
A few months have passed since Kisandra joined Hilde's Kingdom in an attempt to destroy Soul Edge. Now 19, Kisandra is more willing than ever to destroy the evil sword and protect Soul Calibur. Especially for her daughters sake, who is residing in Wolfkrone castle. Kisandra's thoughts on war are still the same, however she will do anything it takes to protect her family. She travels each day with Hilde and her sister battling many Malfested, drawing closer and closer to the evil sword. One morning however, Kisandra wakes up to a note from her sister... A most troubling note:
I'm guessing you will disapprove of this, you'll probably call me young and naive, but I have went on a journey to find Soul Edge. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. You may think I'm crazy for doing this, but the sword could help. You heard Hilde, Soul Edge is really powerful. I could use it to protect the Kingdom, to protect Soul Calibur, to protect Klymene! I know people say it is evil, I have seen the malfested.. But maybe, just maybe in the hands of a good person, the sword won't be evil? I'm sure that is the case! I will be home soon. I love you, sis.
"No! Kilina, no!" Kisandra screams. She jumps up and rushes out, tears streaming down her face.
"What are you doing Kilina?" she says to herself "Why pursue Soul Edge?" Kisandra runs out of the castle into the courtyard. "I will find you!" she says. So Kisandra sets off on a journey to find her sister. Kisandra begins to exit the courtyard, before being stopped by Hilde.
"Kisandra! I've just found this note from your sister!" Hilde pulls out the note that was left in Kisandra's room. "Is she crazy?! She will die! Or worse... Find the sword and become possessed by it!" Hilde warns. Kisandra cries, knowing that Hilde speaks the truth.
"You do know, her pursuing the sword makes her a danger to my kingdom... I'm sorry, but she must be found... And killed" Hilde states. "No!" Kisandra begs. "Please, you can't! She's my sister! Is there nothing that can save her from becoming malfested?! What about Soul Calibur?!" Kisandra asks. Hilde shakes her head.
"Soul Calibur was made to counter Soul Edge, to destroy it. If Kilina gets Soul Edge and Soul Calibur is used to destroy it, I don't know what will happen to your sister. Besides, Soul Calibur is in the hands of Siegfried." Kisandra stumbles backwards, shocked. "Siegfried..." She whispers to herself "That's why you left...".
"I need Soul Calibur!" Kisandra shouts, and attempts to run off. "Stop! I'm sorry Kisandra.. I cannot let you do that!" Hilde attacks her friend and a battle ensures.
Weakened, Hilde attempts to strike Kisandra one last time. However, Kisandra manages to dodge the attack and knocks Hilde down, apologising in the process. Hilde lays on the floor out cold and Kisandra continues out of the courtyard, going off to pursue Siegfried and her sister. Kisandra travels far, battling many warriors on her way. Each step she takes she senses she is getting closer to the spirit sword, to Siegfried. Suddenly, Kisandra feels a connection she hasn't felt for a while. She knew she was close to him... She was close to Siegfried. Kisandra reaches Ostrheinsburg, her heart raced as she felt a holy power cover her body. She had felt this before, the Man she once knew... Siegfried.
"I found you!" Kisandra shouts. Siegfried turns around and sees the brown haired Woman standing before him.
"Kisandra... Is that you? I told you not to follow me, I can't see-" Kisandra interrupts Siegfried. "It's not about her, it's about that sword... I need it" Siegfried looks down at the spirit sword he's holding in his hands.
"Soul Calibur? Why would you? I'm sorry.. I cannot let you have it, I need it to defeat Nightmare, to destroy Soul Edge!" Siegfried shouts. Kisandra falls to her knees.
"Siegfried please! It's my sister.. I need it to save her! She went to pursue Soul Edge.. If she finds it, if she has it now... Soul Calibur is the only thing that can save her. I must have that sword!" Kisandra stands up and looks towards Siegfried.
"Nightmare has Soul Edge, she probably dead by now. Even if she did get the sword.. Well, she would have to be killed. I'm sorry." Kisandra cries. "No! I will save her. If you won't give me the sword then... Then, I'll have to take it by force!" Kisandra launches towards Siegfried and the pair battle.
Kisandra strikes Siegfried and he goes flying across the battlefield, Soul Calibur flying from his hands. Kisandra rushes towards the sword, picking it up and raising it in the air. The sword morphs into a sword and shield and Kisandra's outfit changes into shades of blue. Siegfried winces as he sits up, looking over at Kisandra. He realises the sword has accepted her.
"Kisandra please don't..." he mutters. "I must destroy Soul Edge, kill Nightmare... Atone for my sins." Kisandra looks at him, her face saddened.
"I promise, I will bring the sword back to you when my journey is over. I just need to save my sister. You will atone for your sins, Siegfried! Just please.. If Kilina has Soul Edge, where will she be?" Siegfried points towards the Tower of Remembrance, and with that Kisandra leaves, walking past him and entering the tower.
Kisandra climbs the tower, an exhausting journey but she does not give up. She finally reaches the top of the tower, almost collapsing as she gets there. She composes herself and attempts to walk further, but then she sees it... It's her sister, or could you even call her that? Kisandra looks over and there is Kilina, standing there with a menacing look on her face. She's too late, her sister had succumbed to the darkness of Soul Edge. She is no longer herself, she's malfested, she's Kilina Ω. Kisandra falls down crying.
"No! I was too late!"...
Soulcalibur IV (Ending) - 1591 -
Kilina stands there, her evil red eyes gazing out towards the abyss. Her body begins to shake, she senses something. She turns around and notices her sister on the ground. Kisandra looks up towards her sister with tears in her eyes.
"Kilina please.. It's me, your sister!" Kisandra begs. "Please, snap out of this! It isn't you!" Kisandra cries more but Kilina doesn't listen as she steps closer to Kisandra.
"My dear, sweet sister..." Kilina says, menacingly. "Is that Soul Calibur you have?" Kilina asks. Kisandra cries and lifts herself up off the ground.
"Kilina, stop... Please! I.. I don't want to hurt you!". Kilina lets out a dark laugh.
"Hurt me? Do you not love me anymore? Can you not accept me?" Kilina asks, stepping closer and closer to Kisandra. "I must destroy that disgusting holy sword you possess. I must please Soul Edge. I must take your soul!" Kilina threatens as she launches herself towards Kisandra. Kisandra blocks the attack and flies backwards.
"Please stop!" Kisandra shouts. "Hilde was right... I have to fight you, I have to destroy Soul Edge!". Kilina looks at her sister and laughs once more.
"I'm sorry, Kilina. I love you" Kisandra wipes away her tears and launches towards her sister. Kilina lets out an evil smile and launches towards her sister. The evil sword and the spirit sword clash, letting out huge light beams of red and blue.
The pair battle for what seems like a lifetime. Of equal strength they are both weakened. Kisandra grabs her side in pain, trying to stop the blood. "Kilina... I.. I can't take this.." Kisandra cries, grabbing her hip tighter as she falls to the ground. Kilina laughs as she grips Soul Edge tighter.
"This one is a special one, Soul Edge. A pure soul, and the spirit sword!" Kilina runs towards Kisandra who is still on the floor, Soul Edge pointed directly at her. Kisandra opens her eyes and sees Kilina running right towards her at high speed. Kisandra rolls out of the way just in time, Soul Edge grazes past her already injured hip, causing it to bleed more. Kilina quickly turns around, angered. She lets out a scream and attempts to launch herself at Kisandra once again. Amidst her run however, Kisandra screams and throws Soul Calibur towards her sister. The holy sword penetrates Kilina's left eye. A fearsome scream is heard as Soul Edge flies from Kilina's hands. The holy sword drops to the floor as a red glow emits from Soul Edge and enters Kilina's wounded eye, going directly into Kilina's body. Kilina screams and grabs her eye in pain, she then collapses on the floor.
Kisandra runs over to her sister, blood covering her body. She kneels down next to her crying.
"Kilina please wake up! It's over, see?! You're okay?! Please... Wake up!" Kisandra cries more. She feels her hip, that is still bleeding. She winces as her hand passes over it, she looks pale. Kisandra coughs as blood flies from her mouth, she begins to lose consciousness and falls backwards now laying on the ground.
"Kilina... Wake-... Wake up..." Kisandra begs, her voice fading. Kilina's body stirs on the ground, she takes in a big breath and launches upright. She's breathing heavily, no longer malfested.
She sees her sisters body on the ground and rushes towards her.
"No, no, no! Kisandra, Kisandra it's me! I'm so sorry, I... I didn't mean it!" Kilina cries, launching herself onto her sister. "Speak to me, please speak to me!" Kilina begs. Kisandra's eyes slowly open as she looks up towards her sister, she lets out a slight smile.
"You are just young and naive aren't you?" she jokes. "Kilina promise me... You-... You'll look after Klymene" Kilina cries harder.
"Don't say that! I won't need to because you'll be there! Okay?!" Kisandra reaches her hand towards Kilina's face, caressing it.
"You know that's not the truth... Please just-" Kisandra's eyes begin closing.
"No! Kisandra please! Don't die on me, I need you!" Kilina screams, crying.
"Goodbye, Kilina... I-... I love you" Kisandra's eyes fully close, she draws her last breath, and dies. A blue light emits from Soul Calibur, it travels towards Kisandra's body and engulfs her. When the light dissipates, Kisandra's body is gone.
Soulcalibur Astral Swords - 1608 -
Soulcalibur: The Spirit Lineage - 1611 -
Kisandra has dark green eyes and long brown hair. Her hair is naturally a dark brown/ginger. She has a sweet yet strong face. She has pale skin. She is the opposite of her sister by having dark hair and dark eyes.
In Soulcalibur III
In Soulcalibur IV
Soulcalibur Astral Swords
In Soulcalibur Astral Swords
Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light
In Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light
Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A Dark Destiny
In Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A Dark Destiny
Kisandra is very caring and will do anything to protect her family. She cares a lot for her family members and close friends. She doesn't like violence but will fight to protect the ones she loves. She thinks fighting will not resolve anything. Kisandra has a pure soul and when it comes to evil she will always try her best to defeat them. She gets distraught when it comes to her family members being in danger.
Kisandra is mainly a counter fighter. She is, like her sister Kilina, quite an aggressive fighter, but not as aggressive. She can avoid attacks and hit with an attack of her own. Like her younger sister, Kilina, she is awful at long range, but makes up for it in attack throws, close quarters, strength, and speed. She is a lot more skilled and does more damage than Kilina. She can also dash in and attack as well with a variety of moves.
- The Ancient (1P: Soulcalibur III)
- Orichalcum (2P: Soulcalibur III - 3P: Soulcalibur IV)
- Swordbreaker (1P Soulcalibur IV, Soulcalibur Astral Swords -Flashback only-)
- Omega Sword & Elk Shield (2P: Soulcalibur IV)
- Brave One (1P: Soulcalibur Astral Swords - Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A Dark Destiny)
Kisandra slashes her opponent with her sword on their chest, pushing them back, and then she jumps on them, using them to launch herself spinning into the air. She swings her sword at her opponent, stunning them. She then gets into a praying position and a flash of lighting comes, striking her opponent down. Thunder can also be heard.
It resembles many others, yet is like nothing else. A magnificent palace of water that seems to contain every form of architecture known to Europe. No one knows who made it, or where it is located. However, it is said that only those with a strong will and a willingness to bet their own lives can reach it. The great volume of water that flows through it is always circulating and pure, and it is said that it cleanses those who come here to pray.
Notable features include a chasm at one end of the room as well as a line of knights who serve as a wall. These knights actually move forward over the course of the battle, shrinking the stage area a bit. Kisandra ended up here as a result of searching for Soul Calibur.
- "Forsaken Sanctuary"
- "Reign of Doom"
Soulcalibur Astral Swords
Souclalibur Astral Swords - A New Light
Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A Dark Destiny
- "Please get out of my way!"
- "This is gonna be great!"
- "Alright, lets settle this!"
- "Be careful from now on!"
- "I'll take you on anytime you want"
- "It looks like I'm just too strong for you!"
- "I won't hold back next time"
- "Prepare yourself!"
- "Outta the way!"
- "Lets end this!"
- "Aren't we cheeky"
- "This is absurd!"
- "Go down!"
- "It's over"
- "Hey, you're not half bad" - While taunting.
- "What?" - After losing a battle.
- "I can't believe this!" - After losing a battle.
- "How do you like the taste of ancient powers?" - Said when wielding The Ancient.
- "You can't get away!"
- "Lets go!"
- "Did I do it?"
- "... This!"
- "How about..."
- "... This!"
- "Good luck to you, fight with all your might as I will"
- "Now, atone for your sins."
- "Come here" - While taunting.
- "Poor thing" - To Nightmare
- "Please" - To Cervantes
- "Silence!" - While taunting Cervantes
- "This ends now!" - While taunting Nightmare
- "That is enough!" - While taunting Tira
- "Lets finish this."
- "Please stop!"
- "Repent for your sins."
- "Don't get up."
- "Stubborn fool."
- "Please understand."
- "Do not struggle."
- "This is the end!"
- "Calm down."
- "Bring peace to those without guidance" - During critical finish.
- "You can't be saved!"
- "Poor thing."
- "Give up!"
- "Here I go."
- "You should rest for a while."
- "Strength does not always lead to the truth."
- "I can feel your determination."
- "I shall part you from your karma."
- "Peace cannot be attained through conflict."
- "You only need to ask for salvation."
- "You lack any real power."
- "Pray for forgiveness!"
- "So, you're willing to throw your life away."
- "Strength can only be achieved by accepting your weaknesses."
- "Please Understand!"
- "I understand, Now come."
- "Over here!"
- "I won't forgive you!"
- "This ends now!"
- "That is enough!"
- "You still don't understand."
- "This will be a test..."
- "Let's finish this."
- "This is for own good."
- "You must get up."
- "Do not...struggle!"
- "How sad."
- "Troubled Soul!"
- "You coveted what you could not obtain."
- "Act, before you have time to regret."
- "I accept... My defeat" - After losing a battle
- Is the daughter to Kaarina and doesn't know her Fathers name (Both Deceased)
- Is the older sister to Kilina
- Is the mother to Klymene
- Was raised by the kingdom of Grandall
- Used to be friends with Abelia (Soulcalibur III)
- Fought against Abelia and lost (Soulcalibur III)
- Used to be friends with Hilde (Soulcalibur IV)
- Fought Hilde to a battle and won (Soulcalibut IV)
- Fought Siegfried to a battle and won (Soulcalibur IV)
- Fought Kilina to a battle, won but "died" afterwards due to injuries (Soulcalibur IV)
- Never actually died and was transported to Utopia of the Blessed by Elysium (The end of Soulcalibur IV)
- Battled against Elysium while in Utopia of the Blessed (After Soulcalibur IV)
- Is the Aunt to Millicent
- Kisandra originally had a 3rd sister who would be evil. She was to appear in Soulcalibur IV, but this was scrapped.
- This would have changed the events of the entire story as Kisandra would still be alive.
- Due to this Kisandra did not have a daughter originally.
- Her 3rd sister would have wielded an axe and shield, (Lizardmans) style.
- The story was changed after Kisandra's 3rd sister was scrapped. The ending of her story in Soulcalibur IV would still be the same where she lives, and she would have appeared in Soulcalibur V still, just this time without a 3rd sister. Her daughter was also not in the story yet.
- This idea was also scrapped and the story was changed once again where Kisandra would have supposedly died at the end of Soulcalibur IV but return for Soulcalibur V. Still without a daughter.
- The story was changed yet again to the current story where Kisandra dies and does not return for Soulcalibur V and instead is replaced by her daughter Klymene.
- Kisandra does have a model that was made for Soulcalibur V.
- Kisandra and Kilina share the same stages in Soulcalibur III and Soulcalibur IV.
- It was revealed in Soulcalibur Astral Swords that Kisandra never actually died at the end of Soulcalibur IV and instead was transported to Utopia of the Blessed by Elysium, thus saving her life.
- Although she actually becomes an enemy of Elysium as she would not let Kisandra leave and basically kept her prisoner.
- In Soulcalibur Astral Swords Kisandra does not wear a choker in her 1P costume. This is a first as she has always had a choker since her first appearance in Soulcalibur III.
- Kisandra's appearance in Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light is based on her appearance from Koei's Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires.
- Kisandra shares the same voice actress (Stephanie Shea) as her sister in both Soulcalibur Astral Swords and Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light.
- Kisandra looks a lot younger than her actual age in Soulcalibur Astral Swords and Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light as the time spent in Utopia of the Blessed made her physically age slower.
- Kisandra taught herself to use a Bow, however she uses her Sword & Shield more frequently.
- Kisandra's sister Kilina was thought to be dead at the end of Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light, however she was shown to be alive in Soulcalibur: The Spirit Lineage still malfested as Kilina Ω. Kisandra does not know she is alive however.
- Kisandra's blood type is A.
- In Japan, a person's ABO blood type is believed by many to be predictive of a person's personality, temperament, and compatibility with others. Blood type A traits are: Earnest, sensible, reserved, patient, responsible, cautious, fastidious, overearnest, stubborn, tense, obsessive and pessimistic.
Appearances in Soul series
Appearances in Fan series
- Soulcalibur Astral Swords (Playable)
- This game takes place immediately after the events of Soulcalibur V.
- Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A New Light (Playable)
- Soulcalibur: The Spirit Lineage (Cameo)
- This game was created by LightningSakura.
- Soulcalibur Astral Swords - A Dark Destiny (Playable)
Appearances in other Media
Kisandra also appears in Koei's game Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires where she helps end the battle of The Three Kingdoms working alongside many other warriors. Her appearance in this game is very different from her appearances in the Soul series.
- ^ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_personality_theory Japan's beliefs on ABO blood type personality.
|Main characters from JaseyJasee|
|Astra | Celestial | Kilina (Kilina Ω) | Kisandra | Klymene | Millicent | Stellar|