- "Freedom can only be archived by those who fights for it."
- — John
John Richard Johnathan (ジョン・リチャード・ジョナサン, Jon Richādo Jonasen) is character in the Soul series and made his debut in Soulcalibur IV and retuned in Soulcalibur V. He reappears in Soulcalibur VI with a younger appearance. He also appears in Soulcalibur: Quest of The King as the main protagonist and Soulcalibur: Son of a Spirit as the deuteragonist. He is a Seinaren which is a race of spirits who have both human and spirit forms
His primary weapon is a Zweihänder sword called Anima better known as the king Sword although he's often seen wielding Fera and the Edgbur as well. In IV he uses the same weapons and moveset as Siegfried. In SCV he uses the same moveset as Siegfried in his 1p costume and Edge Master in his 2p costume and in SCVI he uses Siegfried.
Soulcalibur IV: John is somewhat tall with light blue eyes, long Blonde hair and a normal toned skin.
Soulcalibur V: John as the same appearance as in SCIV but gains wrinkles, a scar over his right eye and grey hair
Soulcalibur VI: John is a light skinned young man with a thin but well built physique, blonde hair and light blue eyes, he possesses a scar on his right hand. After being freed from the control of Soul Edge, he gains a large scar across his right eye and purple markings on his right arm.
Soulcalibur IV: He wears pearl-silver paladin armor with consist of a bird-like helmet with blue trim, breastplate with blue trim, spiked pauldrons, full arm armor with angel wing like spikes on the forearms with blue parts on the elbows, wrist and knuckles, a fauld with a red cloth in the front, leg armor with sharp spikes on the calves with blue parts on the thighs, kneecaps and ankles, a gold embroidered blue cape, a red shirt, yellow pants and a black chain mail.
Soulcalibur V: He wears silver armor which consist of a helmet with light blue trim and white bird wings in each side, breastplate with light blue trim, pauldrons with light blue gems and trim, full arm armor with light blue trim, a fauld with a blue cloth with a light blue bird symbol in the front, leg armor with light blue trim, a blue cape with light blue embroidered bird symbol and a full white body suit.
Soulcalibur VI: He wears grey armor breastplate with blue trim, spiked pauldrons with light blue trim, full arm armor with light blue trim, a fauld with a blue cloth in the front, leg armor with fins on the kneecaps and light blue trim, a light blue embroidered blue cape and a black chain mail.
SCIV: He wears the same shirt and pants underneath his old armor he wore in the Red War which consist of a Silver chestplate, a blue cape with white trim, silver gauntlets with blue gloves and silver greaves.
SCV: He wears a dark blue coat with light blue fur over a grey shirt, white pants, grey gloves, light blue boots and a silver necklace with a blue jewel.
SCVI: He wears a grey hood with markings, a grey cape with dark light blue trim that covers his right arm, a black leather sleeveless undershirt, a white one sleeved shirt underneath a grey chestplate with dark light blue trim, a single grey gauntlet on his arm left with dark light blue trim, a black glove with a small gauntlet and white bandages on his right arm, a fauld with a blue cloth that has a dark light blue bird symbol in the front, black chaps over grey pants with a pair of brown and grey boots.
SCIV: John is a calm, caring person. His quotes seems to suggest that he doesn't enjoy or want to fight but will do it if there is no other choice. He takes it easy with opponents that are no match for him, including taking a break with them if need be. He also knocks out opponents that are good and not truly evil.
SCV: His personality has changed a bit since SCIV while still calm and caring, he acts more of a teacher/mentor now. He uses threats and insults in his quotes in order to draw forth his opponent's inner strength but still warns them of danger if need be.
John possess high strength and sword fighting skills, as shown by him wielding and effectively utilizing his Zweihanders. He can make trails of ice crystal spikes by stabbing his sword into the ground due to having 1/5th of The Calibur's power within it. As a Seinaren, he posses great regeneration factor, high endurance and long life span but gains immortality at the end of SCV with the remaining Seinaren. He also seem to lift curses as he lifted the curse on Olcadan, retuning his head and legs to normal. His blood can be used as a repair substance or as armor when it hardens as he fixed Ivy's sword and pauldron.
After SCV he trained himself to fight with any weapon, similar to Edge Master or Olcadan but with his own made weapons.
Anima (1st Timeline)
A zweihänder found in his father grave also know as the Sword of Almarian. While Anima looks similar to faust, it is actually a completely different sword, as it was passed down the Johnathan's family for generations. It's first wielder Johnathan The First had sealed a 1/5th of The Calibur's power within it which only he was able to use but his descended John eventually discovered he was able to unleash this power as well. As the power is unleashed, the sword begins to glow brightly and transforms into a light blue crystal sword version of it self (though it's hardly noticeable due to the bright light that engulfs the sword). Once it has transformed, a single blow will kill the foe with an explosion of crystals and blue flames, it then powers down and transforms back into Anima.
Anima (2nd Timeline)
Fera (1st Timeline)
John's handmade sword and his training sword during his time in Grandall Empire. It was destroyed under the war. it was later founded by Almarian soldiers who took it back to the castle, repair it and John gave it to Kein as a gift. John sealed a tiny bit of the Calibur powers in it so his son could unleashed the power as well.
In SCIV John uses fera in his secondary costume
Fera (2nd Timeline)
A zweihänder forged by John himself, it has a white goldenrod design around the handle and a silver blade with shades of light blue and brooch.
A spirit sword created by the Seinaren, which 1/5th of the power is sealed within Anima which only Johnathan and John could released it. The Angelus can grant wishes but only unselfish ones. The Angelus split into fragments around the world which would be searched for by John.
Dialus is the form that the Diabolus and the Angelus took when they were bonded together. This took place after John defeated Emilo Deaman. This weapon except has a strange red goldenrod design around the handle and a blade with shades of blue and red and a blue brooch.
John keeps the Dialus hidden within the Almarian castle
- "Filled with hope, the king fights for everyone's freedom"
- — Unknown
Notable features include a chasm at one end of the room as well as a line of knights who serve as a wall. These knights actually move forward over the course of the battle, shrinking the stage area a bit.
- "Freedom is everyone's right, a cause worth fighting for"
- — Unknown
The sound of weapons clashing break the peace, people are turning their heads in fear and curiosity. The ring is enclosed by several fences of different heights, some of which are breakable. Ring-outs are possible to three sides of the stage.
Open Plains: Calm Breeze (SCVI)
- Reign of Doom (SCIV)
- Virtuous Heart (SCV)
&Darkest Shadow (SCVI)
- John is referred as "The Silver Knight"
- John is ambidextrous as he holds his sword either right or left hand.
- John was the youngest king over almarian as he was only 22 years when he got the throne.
- John does not appears in Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny as well the other characters created by Johnnthemaster but can be created in the game.
- John's sword name Anima is Latin for spirit.
- John got his scar after a battle between him and Emilo Deaman which takes place at the end of SCIV.
- John's English voice actor in SCIV is Yuri Lowenthal with a darker voice who also voices Patroklos in SCV.
- John's scar can be created.
- The symbol on John's cape is the symbol of Almarian castle.
- John is 60 years old in SCV which makes him one of the few oldest character in SCV.
- In SCV John is the first character that uses a different style in his costumes.
- He uses the same stage as Patroklos but uses A Patroklos theme.
- In the new timeline, he is the prince of Almarian, rather than the king.
- His mother is also alive and his father dies by old age, rather than by The Wizard
- Killed the Wizard after The Crimson War to avenge his father
- Fought Emilo Deaman and defeated him at the end of Soulcalibur IV.
- Trained Siegfried how to use ice attacks without Soul Calibur Before the events of SCV
- Joined Draco's rebellion during the events of the Mantis War.
- Friend and ally to Draco and Tira.
- Son of Rick and Catrina.
- Blood sample of Night Raven and defeated him in SCIV
- Twin brother of Marco & Linda
- Lover and husband of Ivy.
- Fought with Lorana whom became pregnant during the Crimson War.
- Father of Kein, Jack, Eve, Minda & Richard
- Trained Jack in the way heavy Swordstyle who later on mixed it with his on style and Minda in the way of sword and shield style.
- Personally bodyguarded by Hanson.
- Soulcalibur IV (Playable character through Create-A-Soul)
- Soulcalibur V (Playable character through Create-A-Soul)
- Soulcalibur VI (Playable character through Create-A-Soul)
| Johnnthemaster's Characters
John | Kein | Jack | Eve | Minda | Richard | Marco | Daisy | Derson | Misara | Linda | Narek | Lana | Hanson | Lorana | Anja | Vetus | Shin | Zein | Han-Seong | Khilana | Adhira | Max | Gina | Murex | Jugi | Deathsoul | K.R.E.I.G | Urgog | Vormund | Angus | Vert | Emilo Deaman | Emil | Emilia | Night Raven | Tulio | Durnver | Lilith | Vilana | Mirana | Tali | Zira