- REDIRECT Template:UserCharacter (Old)
Shiva has deep, tanned skin and dark, large brown eyes. She wears a dress with the symbolic colors of India, which also reflects her Hindu culture. Shiva is also a tall and attractive woman with long black hair that is kept up.
Shiva was the second child of a peaceful shaman in central Goa of the Mughal Empire. Her two younger sisters were born shortly after and she lived an ordinary life under a Hindu upbringing.
Her serene outlook on life would soon change when the British Empire arrived. While it seemed they were there to trade spices with one another, the newcomers were violent, driven mad by some sort of power and slaughtered everyone in sight, including Shiva's mother and father. She looked on the horrific occurrence as she strived to protect her sisters.
The remaining survivors of her homeland were disillusioned from the sudden attack; even her sisters were numbed by the bloodshed they'd witnessed. When Shiva heard that the attackers were under the orders of Soul Edge, a demonic sword, the woman believed that if she obtained said weapon, she could use it against his own minions and seek revenge.
Leaving her sisters to help rebuild the village, Shiva left with one thing left in her heart: Hatred.
Due to the despair she witnessed, Shiva comes off as a cold-hearted and sadistic woman who shows no empathy for her opponents. She is a ruthless tormentor who was ruthlessly tormented; she is driven by the cruelty she found so suddenly in life to seek revenge on the British Empire for killing her people.
Despite she seeks Soul Edge for this soul purpose, part of Shiva believes that love and acceptance is possible; she has a great love for her family and homeland. All around, Shiva is a chaotically neutral character.
- Lost in the Mirage
Shiva is easily recognizable by her strange and unique style of play. Her moveset is based on attacks that bend and twist her body in unnatural ways, making her an extremely unpredictable fighter. She also has many stances that compliment her odd style, like her Mantis Crawl in which she stands on her four limbs face-first. Also unique to Shiva is her ability to fight with her back towards her opponent. She uses a different set of attacks in this mode, though she returns to face-forward mode to execute grabs. Due to the nature of her weapons, Shiva is a short range character.
Wheel of Madness: Shiva starts her Critical Edge with a bow, and then attacks her opponent in a circular shape, in the end she will supree her opponent and back to normal and cause damage.
- Let's get this over with.
- You dare challenge me?
- That's... All? - Taunt
- Accept your fate! - Taunt
- It's over!
- Your fate... Is sealed!
- This... Is your end!
- Too easy!
- Too slow!
- NEVER! - Spoken during Yoshimitsu's Critical Edge.
- Impossible! - Spoken during Algol's Sadalsuud Markab.
- Damn you!
- What on earth?! - Spoken during a tremor
- But how?! - Spoken during Guard Burst.
- It's time! - Spoken during Critical Edge
- Begone! - Spoken during Critical Edge
- Leave here!
- You're finished!
- Stay down!
- I see even dogs have some honor.
- Wallow in your weakness.
- You should've stayed quiet.
- Yet another waste of my time.
- It can't be! - Spoken when ringed out.
- Is this my fate?! - Spoken when ringed out.
- Impossible... - Spoken when KO'd by Ivy's "Embrace of Guilt"
- How could I lose?! - Spoken when timed out.
- Her voice type is Super Human (No changes).
- Shiva is the first Indian (Hindu) character.