The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
A guest character is a playable character in the Soul series games whose origins are outside the series. To date, none have appeared in more than one game, nor have canon roles in the Soul series.
- Link from The Legend of Zelda series appeared on the Nintendo GameCube version, Heihachi Mishima from the Tekken series appeared on the PlayStation 2 version, and Spawn from the Spawn comic books appeared on the Xbox version.
- In Soulcalibur II HD Online, the HD version for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, both Heihachi and Spawn appear without console restriction, Link, however was a Nintendo exclusive, so he didn't appear.
- Cloud Strife, from the Final Fantasy series was originally meant to be a guest character in the PlayStation 2 version, but the deal was cancelled and he was replaced with Heihachi.
- KOS-MOS, one of the main protagonists from Namco's Xenosaga series can be created with Create-A-Soul parts, namely the Type-X set.
- It is unknown where the idea that Dante from the Devil May Cry series was meant to be a guest character in the game came from. However, there is no reliable source for this information, and producer Hiroaki Yotoriyama went on to deny it in an interview for Electronic Gaming Monthly.
- Soulcalibur IV's guest characters are all from Star Wars franchise, in form of Yoda, Darth Vader, and Galen "Starkiller" Marek (referred as "The Apprentice" in the game), with the latter being from the video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, which takes place within the Starwars Legends continuity.
- Darth Vader is available on the PlayStation 3 version, and as downloadable content on the Xbox 360 version. Likewise, Yoda is available on the Xbox 360, and downloadable on the PlayStation 3. The Apprentice is available on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- While debuting in Soulcalibur IV, Angol Fear could be considered a guest character due to her direct connection to the Sgt. Frog/ Keroro Gunso franchise.
Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
- Ezio Auditore, the main protagonist of Assassin's Creed II, was officially revealed as a guest character for all consoles in Soulcalibur V, based on his appearance from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. He uses a hidden blade, a sword, a crossbow and a hidden gun in battles.
- Devil Jin from Namco's other fighting game series Tekken makes an appearance as a Character Creation exclusive style. The style is used by several Quick Battle opponents, including Harada_TEKKEN who is modeled after the Tekken developer Katsuhiro Harada.
- Bayonetta from SEGA's Bayonetta series was considered, but she was scrapped because her hair attacks were too elaborate to include. This is prior to her home series being co-owned with Nintendo.
- Soulcalibur VI is the third game to have more than one guest character since Soulcalibur IV and the second to have more than one series represented by guest characters since Soulcalibur II (mostly particular one in HD ver.). This game follows similar guest content inclusion routes as Bandai Namco's other fighting game Tekken 7, with one guest in the base game and the rest added as DLC. It is also the first game to feature background cameos in the guest characters’ stages:
- Geralt of Rivia, the titular main protagonist of the novel book series, The Witcher, heavily based on his video game adaption counterpart, appear as the first guest character to play a more vital role in the main storyline. He fights with a steel sword, a silver sword, and Witcher sign magic.
- 2B, one of the main protagonists of the Square-Enix video game, Nier: Automata, as both first completely female and downloadable guest character, as well as the first guest to have customized costumes. She fights with Virtuous-type twin large swords named Treaty and Contract.
- Additionally, Kaine, a character from the original Nier, can be created by downloading the 2B pack or most importantly, the Season 1 pass first before going to customization.
- Haohmaru, the titular main protagonist from SNK's Samurai Shodown, first appeared in the Season 2 pass, and the first male guest character to have customized costumes. He fights with a katana, and sometimes uses a gourd of sake as a sub-weapon, which is rarely used as a sub-weapon in his home series and some of his other crossover fighting game appearances like Capcom vs. SNK 2 and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.
- Additionally, one of its secondary protagonists, Nakoruru can be created by downloading the Haohmaru pack or most importantly, the Season 2 pass first before going to customization. Same goes for its main announcer, Kuroko, whose flags were added as weapons for Cervantes's and Taki's styles in a free update prior to Haohmaru's release.
Guest Character Gallery
|Guest characters in the Soul series|
• Heihachi Mishima •
• Spawn •
• Darth Vader •
• Starkiller •
|Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny|
• Devil Jin •
• 2B •
• Haohmaru •
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.