A guest character is a playable character in the Soul series games whose origins are outside the series. To date, none have appeared in more than one game, nor have canon roles in the Soul series.
- Link from The Legend of Zelda series appeared on the Nintendo GameCube version, Heihachi Mishima from the Tekken series appeared on the PlayStation 2 version, and Spawn from the Spawn comic books appeared on the Xbox version.
- In Soulcalibur II HD Online, the HD version for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, both Heihachi and Spawn appear without console restriction, Link, however was a Nintendo exclusive, so he didn't appear.
- Cloud Strife, from the Final Fantasy series was originally meant to be a guest character in the PlayStation 2 version, but the deal was cancelled and he was replaced with Heihachi.
- KOS-MOS, one of the main protagonists from Namco's Xenosaga series can be created with Create-A-Soul parts, namely the Type-X set.
- It is a widespread myth that Dante from the Devil May Cry series was meant to be a guest character in the game before being scrapped for unknown reasons. However, there is no reliable source for this information, and producer Hiroaki Yotoriyama went on to deny it in an interview for Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Soulcalibur IV's guest characters are all from Star Wars franchise, in form of Yoda, Darth Vader, and Galen “Starkiller” Marek (referred as “The Apprentice” in the game), with the latter is specifically from the video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, meaning the original live-action characters are based on the non-canon Legends series where Starkiller’s hailed from.
- Darth Vader is available on the PlayStation 3 version, and as downloadable content on the Xbox 360 version. Likewise, Yoda is available on the Xbox 360, and downloadable on the PlayStation 3. The Apprentice is available on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
While debuting in Soul Calibur IV, Angol Fear could be considered a guest character due to her direct connection to the Sgt. Frog/ Keroro Gunso franchise.
Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
- Ezio Auditore, the main protagonist of Assassin's Creed II, was officially revealed as a guest character for Soulcalibur V, representing both consoles. He uses a hidden blade, a sword, a crossbow and a hidden gun in battles.
- Devil Jin from Namco's other fighting game series Tekken makes an appearance as a Character Creation exclusive style. The style is used by several Quick Battle opponents, including Harada_TEKKEN who is modeled after the Tekken developer Katsuhiro Harada.
- Bayonetta from SEGA's Bayonetta series was considered, but she was scrapped because her hair attacks were too elaborate to include. This is prior her home series being co-owned with Nintendo.
Soulcalibur VI is the third game to have more than one guest character since Soulcalibur IV and the second to have more than one guest series characters since Soulcalibur II (mostly particular one in HD ver.). This game follows similar guest content inclusion routes as Bandai Namco’s other fighting game Tekken 7:
- Geralt of Rivia, the main protagonist of the novel book and video game series, The Witcher, appear as the first guest character to be play more vital role in the main storyline. He fights with a steel sword, a silver sword, and Witcher sign magic.
- 2B, one of the main protagonists of Square-Enix video game series, Nier: Automata, as both first completely female and downloadable guest character. She fights with Victorious-type twin large sword named Treaty and Contract.
- Haohmaru, the main protagonist from SNK's Samurai Shodown, to be appeared soon as part of Season 2 pass.
Guest Character Gallery
|Guest characters in the Soul series|
|Soulcalibur II|| |
• Heihachi Mishima •
• Spawn •
|Soulcalibur III|| |
|Soulcalibur Legends|| |
|Soulcalibur IV|| |
• Darth Vader •
• Starkiller •
|Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny|| |
|Soulcalibur V|| |
• Devil Jin •
|Soulcalibur VI|| |
• 2B •
• Haohmaru •