- "I swear on my name, I will prevail!"
- — Hilde
Hildegard von Krone (ヒルデガルド・フォン・クローネ Hirudegarudo fon Kurōne), or Hilde (ヒルダ Hiruda) for short, is a character in the Soul series of fighting games. She is the first downloadable character of the second season pass in Soulcalibur VI and was made available on November 26th, 2019. This marks her debut in the new, rebooted Soulcalibur timeline.
She is nicknamed Defender of the Kingdom (王国の擁護者 Ōkoku no yōgo-sha?).
Since childhood she trained in the royal fighting style wielding the traditional spear and sword, the symbol of the kingdom. After years of training, she soon became one of the best warriors of the realm and therefore the legitimate successor of the throne.
Like in her previous installments, Crown Princess-Regent Hilde is a brave and emotionally strong princess. She is also quite honorable as can be seen in her quotes as well as expressing her willingness and passion to help the citizens of Wolfkrone against threats, like the malfested. She has wisdom beyond her years, taking the oath as regent to ascend the throne in lieu of her father in her preadolescent years, later taking duties as commander-in-chief of the Wolfkrone army at only 18.
Prior to replacing her father after he became malfested, she wore her alternate outfit from Soulcalibur IV.
She wears a suit of armor consisting of a golden cuirass under a red royal coat adorned with golden gauntlets. Underneath her armor is what appears to be a black dress skirt over black chain mail adorned with golden greaves.
Her head is also adorned with a golden crown.
Her Color 2 costume recolors her armor silver and coat blue.
Her Color 3 costume recolors her armor and crown dark red with cyan accents while giving her white hair at the cost of her coat.
Her Color 4 costume recolors her armor and crown red while retaining her coat, which has been recolored black. Her hair is also recolored into black and is messier. Her armor is also damaged to reveal a black chain mail undersuit.
She would later don her debut default outfit from her debut game at the end of her chapter.
Weapon & Fighting Style
The legendary treasure spear and treasure sword that was believed to have been held by the first king, the founder of Wolf Krone. The original has been lost for a long time, but spears and swords that imitate this have been made and have been passed down to the royal family for generations as a symbol of the kingdom.
When a crisis came to this small country, the weapon was always in the hands of those who face the difficulties. The legend of the founding country, the spear and the sword, have awakened the brave blood that rushes to the people of the country, and have given tremendous courage even when the country was covered in darkness.
A long time ago, the founding king who seized the Soul Caliber and defeated the threat of Soul Edge-when Wolf Krone needed that miracle, the chosen warrior seized the treasure spear and the sword and took the people to victory. Will lead.
The technique of the spear and sword that has been handed down to the Krone family for generations. Based on the tactics used by the founding king, it is a practical technique woven by the hands of royal people and elite warriors. In the royal family that respects the Order of War, those who have mastered the technique are considered to be the heroes of the country.
The feature is that while always listening to the opponent's chances, fighting while always collecting their own power, concentrating on one point at the point of the game and releasing that power. A spear's pick, a sword's swipe, or a full-bodied blow swung at the moment of aiming is a great threat to the opponent.
Also, those who have reached the essence of this tactic will acquire the technique to transform the indomitable fighting spirit into a deadly blow. It is not something that anyone can learn, but the sword flash that has developed the liberation of power is like a raging wolf claw, a spearshot becomes a fang of a wolf, and continues to protect the kingdom's pride from numerous foreign enemies. It was.
Silver Wolf: She starts attacking her opponent with her sword, then impales her spear to the opponent's chest. She grinds her sword and starts attacking her opponent, followed up with a Calamitous-powered spear to thrust her opponent.
If done against Grøh, she will do it while crying out the name of the attack.
- Glänzende Nova & Frischer Himmel
- Corsesca & Broadsword
- Lancier & Perpetuity
- Eisonowaki & Kandachi
- Zhang Ba Shemao
- Gae Dearg & Moralltach
- "I march to battle. Clear my path!" — Character Selection, 1P
- "I swear on my name, I will prevail!" — Character Selection, 2P
- "I swear on my name... I will prevail!" — Standard entrance, 1P
- "I shall not falter, no matter my foe." — Standard entrance, 1P
- "My people are behind me. I cannot lose!" — Standard entrance, 2P
- "Very well. A battle it shall be." — Standard entrance, 2P
- "Your lust for violence sickens me." — starting a battle with Mitsurugi, Cervantes, Astaroth or Tira
- "You smell of blood. You shall go no further." — starting a battle with Siegfried
- "Neither my people nor I will waver!" — starting a battle with Ivy, Nightmare, or Inferno
- "How time flies... this time I shall be the victor!" — starting a battle with Grøh
- "Behold my power!" — starting Critical Edge
- "The wolf claws! It bites! It tears asunder!" — during Critical Edge
- "Taste royal steel. Silver Wolf!" — during Critical Edge against Grøh
- "Stand and fight!" — after Critical Edge
- "Despicable." — after Critical Edge against evil characters
- "Impressed?" — after Critical Edge against Grøh
- "Resolve... is measured by its results!" — activating Soul Charge
- "Don't underestimate... our courage!" — activating Soul Charge on low health
- "I will dispel the dark, and bring the dawn!" — activating Soul Charge against Nightmare, Inferno, or Ivy
- "Demon, my spear will judge you!" — activating Soul Charge against Cervantes, Astaroth, or Tira
- "Sir Grøh, let us settle this duel." — activating Soul Charge against Grøh
- "Discard your sword, or you shall not pass!" — activating Soul Charge against Siegfried
- "You fight well, but I shall triumph." — activating Soul Charge against Grøh on low health
- "Consider this loss... an honor." — after Critical Edge finishes off an opponent
- "Uh--e-ehem. I rather enjoy that." — after Critical Edge finishes off Grøh
- "This victory brings my people hope!"
- "I have no time for silly games. Now, fight me with all your resolve!"
- "We have pride, and we shall never falter!"
- "Impressive. I could use a soldier like you."
- "Come with me. I have many questions I expect you to answer." — after defeating Siegfried
- "Aimless fool! You are nothing to fear!" — after defeating evil characters
- "I understand now. Shouting the name of my technique really does help." — after defeating Grøh
- "I refuse to yield!" — KO'd by evil characters
- "Forgive me."
- "Upon my life!"
- "Do you like wolves as well?" — starting Reversal Edge against Geralt
- "Are you the Azure Knight? Answer!" — starting Reversal Edge against Siegfried
- "Evil deserves no mercy!" — starting Reversal Edge against evil characters
- "Fight me... with honor!" — Taunt
- "Fight... if you've any pride!" — Taunting a defeated opponent
- "Forgive me..."— KO'd by a throw
- "So that is your game?!" — Suffering a Ring Out
- "You scoundrel!" — Suffering a Ring Out
- "Divine... Bolt!"
- "What... is this...?" — Spoken during Geralt's Axii Glyph or 2B's Limiter Release: Self-Destruct
- "Are you serious?" — dodging Reversal Edge
- "Try to hit me!" — dodging Reversal Edge
- "I am a general, I cannot fail." — When losing via Time Out
- "I cannot be defeated here." — When losing via Time Out against evil characters
- "Your power is beyond human." — When losing via Time Out against Siegfried
- "I still cannot best you." — When losing via Time Out against Grøh
- "Pierce... through!"
- "I must...be strong..." — Standing KO
- "A trifling attack!" — Blocking Reversal Edge
- "Impudent wretch!" — Blocking Reversal Edge
- "That's the spirit!" — Blocking Reversal Edge
- "Adversity is my battlefield!" — Blocking Reversal Edge while low on health
- "Ngh! Impressive!" — Blocking Reversal Edge while low on health
- "Like a twig on your foot!" — Starting Reversal Edge
- "I'll fight you head on!" — Starting Reversal Edge
- "You should've trained harder." — Starting Reversal Edge
- "I shall turn the tide!" — Starting Reversal Edge while low on health
- "I...do not fear death!" — Starting Reversal Edge while low on health
- Her kingdom allied with the Aval Organization and its members, Grøh and Curtis.
- George von Krone - Hilde's father and ruler of Wolfkrone
- Wilhelm - Hilde's cousin and childhood friend and later became her ally and fiance
- Gerhilde - Hilde's confidante
- Johan Dürer - Hilde's former combat instructor, but later became a traitor when he revealed his secret of being possessed by the Cursed Sword after his 2 sons and friends died when they were battling the malfested.
|New Timeline Characters|
|Playable Characters||Amy • Astaroth • Azwel • Cassandra • Cervantes • Grøh • Hilde • Hwang • Inferno • Ivy • Kilik • Maxi • Mitsurugi • Nightmare • Raphael • Seong Mi-na • Setsuka • Siegfried • Sophitia • Taki • Talim • Tira • Voldo • Xianghua • Yoshimitsu • Zasalamel|
|Other Notable Characters||Bolta • Curtis • Daniel • Dion • George von Krone • Gerhilde • Iska Acht • Kunpaetku • Kyam • Lingyu • Lucius • Lyla • Natalie • Orzal • Plata • Rothion • Seong Han-myeong • Shugen Kokonoe • Valtro • Vercci • Wilhelm von Krone • Won Gabok • Xiangfei • Xianglian • Xiuqiang|