Maxi (マキシ, Makishi, also written as 真喜志) is a character in the Soul series of fighting games. He made his first appearance in Soulcalibur and returned in Soulcalibur II, Soulcalibur III, Soulcalibur IV, Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, Soulcalibur V, Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords and Soulcalibur VI.
- Chained Kozuka
- Modified Flail
- Soul Edge (Complete) Maxi
- Soul Edge (Nunchaku)
- Termite Snack
- The Ancient (Maxi)
- The Master (Maxi)
- Chained Sickles
- Corns on the Cob
- Harbour of Souls (SC) (Note: Known as Indian Port on the Arcade)
- Pirate's Alcove (SC2) (Note: Maxi shares this stage with Cervantes)
- Indian Port (SC3)
- Sailor's Rest (SC4)
- Sailor's Rest - Twilight (SCBD)
- Sinking Merchant Ship (SC5)
- Indian Port: Impending Storm (SC6)
- "Sail Over the Storm"
- "Eternal Struggle"
- "Sail Over the Storm"
- "Halcyon Harbor"
Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
- "Halcyon Harbor"
- "Let My Soul Burn"
- "Standing Against the Storm"
- Soulcalibur (playable from the start)
- Soulcalibur II (playable from the start)
- Soulcalibur III (playable from the start)
- Soulcalibur IV (playable from the start)
- Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny (playable from the start)
- Soulcalibur V (playable from the start)
- Soulcalibur: Lost Swords
- Soulcalibur VI
Appearances in Other Media
- Maxi appears as a card in Outcast Odyssey. He is a Limited time Level 4 rarity card that was available until 7 September, 2015.
- Because he uses a nunchaku, Maxi can be considered Li Long's successor.
- Maxi's fighting style, use of the nunchaku, and yells are homages to Bruce Lee as with other characters based on him such as Marshal Law and Forest Law from Tekken, Jann Lee from Dead Or Alive, Fei Long from Street Fighter, and Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat. However, Maxi does not dress up like Bruce Lee and he's not Chinese.
- His 2P costumes from Soulcalibur II and Soulcalibur IV both contain pants, tabi and shoes that resemble those of Marshall Law. Also, not only can Marshall Law be created in Soulcalibur IV, but Maxi can be customized over Law, in Tekken 6, too. Also, Marshall's son, Forest Law, can be customized to look like Maxi in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- So far, all of Maxi's Destined Battle's have been with Astaroth. He and Ivy are so far the only returning characters of the main cast to have one character remain their Destined Battle throughout the series.
- There has been no official source on whether Namco initially intended for Maxi to actually be dead at the end of Soulcalibur, and not be present in Soulcalibur II.
- His hairstyle is similar to Street Fighter EX character, Vulcano Rosso. His 2P hairstyle and color scheme is similar to that of Street Fighter Alpha chatacter, Charlie Nash.
- Maxi's favorite color is sapphire blue. However, he doesn't own many blue clothes, stating that he doesn't look good in them.
- In every odd numbered game he appears in, his shirt is long-sleeved. Even numbered games, his shirt is short sleeved.
- Maxi is known as The Dandy of the South Seas.
- Following Maxi's debut appearance, fans and critics initially described him as "an updated version of what Li Long would have been if he had returned", despite the fact that both characters have different fighting styles.
- Maxi's ending is similar to Li Long's in Soul Edge, in that that they both abruptly die, despite being victorious over their enemies.
- Maxi had a second special Weapon Demonstration where he uses dual nunchaku instead of one, which would later be used by Li Long in Soulcalibur III.
- Maxi's bonus costume resembles Kenshiro, from Fist of the North Star. Coincidentally, both are based on Bruce Lee, use nunchaku and have high-pitched cries in battle, are fighters, even killers.
- The Soul of Maxi discipline is available to created characters of the Monk class.
- In the Spanish manual, Maxi is depicted as a girl.
- In Kilik's fourth stage, after he defeats Tira, he fights Maxi who has become the new host for Soul Edge. He wields the evil sword in the form of a nunchaku. Also, his hair is silver, and his clothes are black.
- Maxi is one of the few characters who actually says the names of their Critical Finishes.
- His theme, "Let My Soul Burn", is very similar to his Soulcalibur and Soulcalibur III theme "Sail Over The Storm".
- Maxi seems to have swapped places with Kilik in terms of their respective storylines. For example, Soulcalibur IV, Kilik saves Maxi, who was struggling to overcome the influence of Soul Edge. In Soulcalibur V, however, Maxi is on a quest to save Kilik from an evil fate. It's also interesting to point out that in previous games (after Soulcalibur), Kilik always had a travel companion whereas Maxi preferred to travel alone. This has also been switched in Soulcalibur V.
- Maxi's appearance has not changed in the seventeen-year gap between Soulcalibur IV and Soulcalibur V. This can also be said about Tekken's Lee Chaolan: when he returned in Tekken 4, his appearance was still the same.
- It is unknown if he knows that Xiba is Kilik's estranged son.
- On his profile in the Portrait Museum, Maxi's real name is listed as "Makishi."
- During a Reversal Edge, all characters will make a remark about Maxi's haircut. Geralt is the sole exception.
- Maxi's background depicts oriental dragons and rough waves. These symbolize Maxi himself, as well as his nunchaku attacks, that rampage like a dragon, gaining momentum and becoming a powerful wave.
|Soulcalibur • Legend of Soulcalibur • Soulcalibur: Spirit Sword • Soulcalibur (Chinese Manhua) • Soulcalibur Original Soundtrack|
|Arthur • Astaroth • Cervantes • Edge Master • Hwang • Inferno • Ivy • Kilik • Lizardman • Maxi • Mitsurugi • Nightmare • Rock • Seong Mi-na • Siegfried • Sophitia • Taki • Voldo • Xianghua • Yoshimitsu|
|The Coliseum • Chaos • City of Water • Emperor's Garden • Harbor of Souls • Hoko Temple • Kunpaetku Shrine • Maze of the Dead • Money Pit • Ostrheinsburg Castle • Palgaea Shrine • Proving Grounds • Shrine of Eurydice • Silk Road Ruin • Takamatsu Castle • The Adrian and The Fortress • Valentine Mansion • Water Labyrinth|
|Soulcalibur II (HD Online) • The Art of Soulcalibur II • Unlockables • Soulcalibur II Original Soundtrack • Weapon Master|
|Assassin • Astaroth • Berserker • Cassandra • Cervantes • Charade • Heihachi • Inferno • Ivy • Kilik • Link • Lizardman • Maxi • Mitsurugi • Nightmare • Necrid • Raphael • Seong Mi-na • Siegfried • Sophitia • Spawn • Taki • Talim • Voldo • Xianghua • Yoshimitsu • Yun-seong|
|Egyptian Crypt • Egyptian Ruins • Eurydice Shrine Gallery • Hwangseo Palace - Phoenix Court • Imperial Capital Ayutthaya • Kaminoi Castle - Sakura-Dai Gate • Labyrinth • Lakeside Coliseum • Money Pit - Top Tier • Ostrheinsburg Chapel • Palgaea Shrine - Lowest Level • Pirate's Alcove • South France Mansion - Library • Tartaros • Village of the Wind|