- "I'm gonna ride the waves!"
- — Maxi
His nickname is Dandy of the Seas.
Maxi's father had worked in the Ryukyu Kingdom as a merchant. Though fortunate enough to be able to experience different cultures on his trade route, he nevertheless felt tied down to his job, and would complain bitterly to his son. On his deathbed, he told Maxi to go out and see the world. Obeying his father's dying wishes, Maxi gathered friends from his hometown and some sailors he knew, and formed a pirate crew. A master of his native Ryukyu's martial arts, Maxi stood as a respected and trusted leader. He and his crew set sail, vowing never to be shackled by the whims of trade, and instead to relish the taste of freedom.
Powerful and painful nunchaku combos are the name of the game. Its myriad special stances allow for a number of unique combos whose movements are difficult to predict. Smart usage of its Seven Stars Rebirth (4 or 6 while in a special stage) to change stances can make this style even more potent in the right hands. 
Raging Dragon Zodiac: Hits his opponent multiple times with his nunchucks. He throws his nunchucks into the air and delivers a fiery punch to his opponent as a final blow and catches his nunchucks.
- "I've got this." — Character Selection, 1P
- "Let's do this." — Character Selection, 2P
- "If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get!"
- "Boring... just like the rest of 'em."
- "Go big or go home that’s what I always say."
- "Okay... let's do this."
- "Come fight me anytime! I'll be waiting."
- "I won't lose till I have my revenge."
- "Messing with me is just... stupid."
- "Unless you wanna die... give it up."
- "Fine. I'll put on a good show for you!" — Before defeating Kilik or Xianghua
- "There's no way I'm losing to you just yet." — After defeating Kilik or Xianghua
- "I'll have revenge... for my family!" — Before defeating Astaroth
- "It's over! It's all over..." — After defeating Astaroth
- "Let's cut loose!" - during Reversal Edge
- "Okay! Let's do this!" — during Reversal Edge
- "Don't spoil my fun!" — during Reversal Edge
- "You'll pay for that!"
- "For those I lost!"
- "Guess I should go all out!"
- "No chance." — during Reversal Edge
- "Boring." — during Reversal Edge
- "Am I...too fast for ya?" — Spoken while activating Soul Charge
- "I'll show you... true grit." — Spoken while activating Soul Charge on low health
- "I'll have my revenge."
- "The surf's gonna get rocked!" — Activation of Critical Edge
- "I'm gonna ride the waves!" — Spoken during Critical Edge
- "Go get some rest." — At the end of Critical Edge
- "Night-night. Sleep tight." — after Critical Edge
- "Ha! Bring it on!"
- "Well, that's just great!"
- "I can't lose!"
- "Is that all you've got?!"
- "I'm the man!"
- "Whatever it takes!"
- "That's how it's done."
- "You're testing my patience"
- "Keep your eyes on me."
- "Take it easy!"
- "Gotta love the waves!"
- "Ha! Lookin' good!"
- "Gimme a break!"
- "Back off!"
- "Oh, man."
- "Damn you!"
- "Stay down!"
- "You're mine!"
- "Going somewhere?!"
- "Too easy!"
- "Shut up!"
- "Stand aside!"
- "Die!" - Spoken while peforming some moves on Astaroth.
- "Bastard!" - Spoken while peforming some moves on Astaorth.
- "What the hell?!"
- "What? You scared?" — Spoken while performing Appeal during a match.
- "Man, you messed my hair." — Spoken while performing Appeal after a match.
- "Yeah, I messed up right there."
- "N-Not good for my reputation."
- "Whoa whoa. You need a break?" — Spoken when losing by time out.
- "Fine. I guess you won out." - Spoken when lost to a Time Out against Kilik
- "Piece of crap!" - Spoken when lost to a Time Out against Astaroth
|Main Characters in the New Timeline of the Soul series|
|Amy | Astaroth | Azwel | Cervantes | Grøh | Inferno | Ivy | Kilik | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Nightmare | Raphael | Seong Mi-na | Siegfried | Sophitia | Taki | Talim | Tira | Voldo | Xianghua | Yoshimitsu | Zasalamel|