The New Timeline is the rebooted universe of the Soulcalibur series, starting from Soulcalibur VI onward. Little is currently known about what the New Timeline entails as a whole, as thus far it has shown to follow the events of Soulcalibur closely but with certain deviations. It is confirmed to be a reboot, but there have been references and elements of later games in the series. This new setting will be told as far as one timeline trilogy from Soulcalibur II - Soulcalibur IV in VI.
Deviations from the Original Timeline
- Certain characters that weren't yet introduced, such as Zasalamel and Tira, appear sooner than they originally did.
- Others that are completely new, such as Grøh and Azwel, appear for the first time and alter the story from what was originally told.
- Retcons involving the fighting styles of some characters are in place, to keep them in line with later appearances. This includes Nightmare holding Soul Edge with one hand (something that he didn't do until Soulcalibur III, after he split from Siegfried), Yoshimitsu carrying a wakizashi, which is in fact the Fu-Ma Blade that his successor, Yoshimitsu II had in V, and Tira having the Jolly and Gloomy personalities when they didn't actually split until the events of IV.
- New story elements, such as the Aval Organization that the aforementioned Grøh hails from, are introduced.
- Some characters have had their backstory partially or completely changed or altered.
- Tira was originally freed from the Bird of Passage due to the release of the Evil Seed burning her masters mind, she was then adopted into a family who named her Tira, before murdering them and becoming a servant to Soul Edge. This time however, Tira abandoned the Birds of Passage after her leader went mad. She then traveled across the world slaughtering anyone who got in her way. Additionally, Tira is older than she was in the original timeline - being seventeen at the time of the Evil Seed.
- After Siegfried's downfall, the Schwarzwind is led by Salia, who then reforms the group into a group of mercenaries that help the innocent, and they also wait for the return of their leader. Meanwhile, in the original timeline, the reformation only happened before Soul Calibur V, and by Siegfried's hand after his return.