- "I'll show you what true shame is!"
- — Scheherazade
Her weapon, named Alf Layla Wa Layla, is a rapier. The weapon's name comes from the Arabic name of One Thousand and One Nights, a collection of stories told by the original Scheherazade, a legendary Persian queen. Like all of the bonus characters, Scheherazade's moveset is recycled from one of the main character's; she uses the same moveset as Amy.
What lies in her soul is Fervor.
There was once a war between Soul Edge and Soul Calibur that shook the world. This tale was of great interest to Scheherazade, the storyteller of her people. She manages to avoid the elders who had concealed themselves long ago in the deepest parts of the woods. She found herself tangled in many troubles, though she still managed to satisfy her curiosity; only to be taken back to the woods again in the end.
Normally, the ones who leave the village are put to death, but Scheherazade instead was locked away in an arboreal prison. There she spent many years thinking about the man she loved, a young warrior who would become the founding father of Wolfkrone. Eventually, her time was served and she was released. However, Scheherazade showed no signs of remorse. Instead, she fled the village once again.
Scheherazade's people lived many, many years longer than humans. The successions of the outside world were very swift to her. She was certain her beloved had died long ago, though she thought he must have left some legacy and was determined to find out what it was for herself.
Thousand Roses: Her critical finish is exactly the same as Amy; she stabs her opponent several times and does a slow motion attack as a final blow, the only difference being that a feather will come out instead of a rose petal.
Soulcalibur IV ending
Sheherazade meets Algol. She remembers her beloved from long ago and how his story ended. She decides to end the story of the man resurrected by Soul Edge then and there, though should the story really end there?
Tower Of Lost Souls
Details & Skills
Scheherazade appears in tower of lost souls ascend mode under the floor "Unbinding Wave".
TOLS Ascend Mode
- Unbinding Wave (Floor 28)
Skills On "Unbinding Wave"
- Switch Speed Up
- HP Drain S
Story Mode Skills
See Amy's story mode skills.
- I don't care who you are. I'll take you on! Don't resist and I promise I'll make it quick
- I'll show you what true shame is.
- I'm gonna kill you,got it?
- Whoa! Time out!
- You're the worst! What a waste of time.
- What! You've got a problem?
- Okay then!
- Apologize now!
- I'll show you!
- Ugh...I gave you time to leave. What a fool!
- No, no, no! You can't beat me fighting like that!
- You won't get my sympathy.
- Haha! Exactly as planned!
- Alright! Let's get this show on the road!
- Isn't there anyone better to fight?
- Had enough?
- You jerk!
- You're mine!
- Stay on the ground!
- I don't care!
- Critical hit!
- Don't.... insult me!
- Stay down!
- You're gonna... pay!
- Okay! Here I come!
- That's enough!
- I've had... enough!
- Here we go!
- No mercy.
- Hurry up and die!
- How about this?
- Yeah, right.
- Stuck up jerk!
- I hoped for more.
- How's that? Totally awesome right?
- Looks like I won.
- Hmph....You weren't that bad.
- Shut up!
- Too bad!
- Who do you think you are?
- Over here!
- I'll make you cry!
- Fly away!
- My...REAL POWER!
- You're not bad.
- "I can read you!"
- "You're gonna hit a girl...?"
- "Damn it!"
- "I hate you!"
- "I HATE you!"
- "I'm gonna win!"
- "Oh yeah?"
- "...I can't believe this...."
- "I've had enough!"
- "Not a challenge!"
- Alf Layla Wa Layla
- Alf Layla Wa Layla Saba'a
- Alf Layla Wa Layla Ithinin
- Alf Layla Wa Layla Thalatha
- Alf Layla Wa Layla Arba'a
- Alf Layla Wa Layla Khamsa
- Alf Layla Wa Layla Sita
- Unlike the guest characters in both Soulcalibur IV and previous games, Scheherazade is included in a relationship chart released alongside Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, in spite of her absence from that game, unlike the actual guest characters. It should be noted that the chart excludes non canon elements like crossover characters and story elements from Broken Destiny's Gauntlet mode, yet still includes Scheherazade and other Soulcalibur IV bonus characters.
- Despite being included in an official relationship chart, her having any canon role in the series is still debatable.
- However, in Soulcalibur VI, an entry named "The Wolf and the Storyteller" in the litterature section in museum, talks about a storyteller that lives in a "Hidden Village Clan" and had a relationship with the founder of the Wolfkrone empire. It can be assumed that this person is in fact Scheherazade, making her canon in the series.
- Scheherazade is the second elf-like character to be featured in the Soul series, with the first one being Link.
- Even though she has the same moveset as Amy, she shares some of her winning poses from Raphael, as well as sharing some of his stats in terms of reach and speed.
- Her weapon "Alf Layla Wa Layla" is Arabic for "1001 nights" and her name Scheherazade is the same name of the ancient Persian Queen who eluded execution by enthralling her King by telling him an epic story every night in the same book.
- Scheherazade's story connects with the history of Hilde's homeland.
- Even though her story ties her directly to Wolfkrone, she is depicted with Sophitia in official art.
- She can almost be made in Character Creation in Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny.
- The names of the variations of her weapon "Alf Layla Wa Layla" have each an Arabic number after them: Ithnin (2), Thalatha (3), Arba'a (4), Khamsa (5), Sita (6) and Saba'a (7).
- Her voice is able to be used inside character creation. Based on her various quotes and dialogue, it may have been intended for her to sound and act like a tsundere.
- Her sub-boss title is 'The Deep'.
|Soulcalibur II||Lizardman • Assassin • Berserker|
|Soulcalibur III||Abelia • Arthur • Aurelia • Revenant • Greed • Miser • Valeria • Hualin • Lynette • Girardot • Luna • Demuth • Chester • Strife|
|Soulcalibur IV||Angol Fear • Scheherazade • Shura • Ashlotte • Kamikirimusi|
|Soulcalibur V||Devil Jin (Katsuhiro Harada)|