In this Korean name, the family name is Seong (성/成).
Seong Mi-Na (ソン・ミナ, Son Mina, Hanja: 成美那, Hangul: 성미나) is a fictional character in Namco's Soul series of fighting games. First appearing in Soul Edge, she returned in Soulcalibur, Soulcalibur II, Soulcalibur III, Soulcalibur IV, Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords & Soulcalibur VI.
She has dark brown hair, rosy pale skin, light amber brown eyes, a physically built body and is taller than most Korean women from her time period.
Seong Mi-na is a strong-willed girl who is always striving to be the best she is. Though stubborn about this, she also has a quick wit. She's very determined, but sometimes overly confident in her skills, often mocking her opponents. Due to her inferiority complex, Seong Mi-na dislikes it when anyone views her as weak or helpless, basically not wanting to be treated like a kid.
- Scarlet Thunder
- Tiger Fang
- Long Handled Sword
- Morning Star
- Sickled Spear
- Spiked Mace
- Hyup Do
- Soul Edge (Complete) Seong Mi-na
- Feather Broom
- The Ancient (Seong Mi-na)
- Soul Calibur (Halberd)
- Open-Handed Slap
- Emerald Nimbus
- Primitive Spear
- The Old Temple (SE)
- Maze of the Dead (SC)
- Hwangseo Palace - Phoenix Court (SC2)
- Ling Sheng-Su Temple Ruin (SC3)
- Sailor's Rest (SC4)
- Sailor's Rest - Twilight (SCBD)
- Her Destined Battle in Soulcalibur is Hwang. In Soulcalibur II and Soulcalibur III, it's Yun-seong.
- In almost every version of the Soul series, her default costume is among the most revealing ones, with her entire abdomen and navel exposed each time.
- Seong Mi-na is nicknamed "Heart and Soul Girl".
- Seong Mi-na did not appear in the arcade version along with Sophitia, but was later added to the home versions.
- For some reason, her Destined Battle does not always have the usual Destined Battle music, but other times it will.
- Xin Zhao from the free-to-play MOBA video game League of Legends uses Seong Mi-na's demo animation as his dancing animation. Watch here for a comparison.
- The Soul of Seong Mi-na discipline is available to created characters of the Gladiator class.
- Seong Mi-na is the only character in who requires more than one input at the ending, making it the most elaborate cinematic of the game.
- She will sometimes half-heartedly say that she will "defeat the evils of the ages" - this is a parody of Hwang's line.
- Starting with this game, Seong Mi-na's fighting stance is slighly different. She holds her weapon in a lower position than in past games. This was possibly done to differentiate her from Kilik even more.
- Seong Mi-na has her hair tied in a bun while wearing her 2P costume. This is the only time where she still has her long hair tied in a 2P costume, as opposed to her usual Short Hair in all her other 2P costumes.
- In Seong Mi-na's Story Mode, Talim accompanies her after Mi-na defeats her, Kilik and Xianghua in the second stage. After the fourth stage, Mi-na leaves Talim in charge and carries on ahead to battle Algol. In Yun-seong's Story Mode, Mi-na accompanies him for the rest of his journey after he defeats her, Talim, and Sophitia after the second stage.
- Her Soulcalibur IV 2P costume appears as DLC.
- Her costume from Soul Blade gets an update.
- Mi-na's illustration features a peony flower, which is also used as a motif in her costume. According to a theory, peonies are known as a flower with the meaning of "wealth" in Korea. Mi-na seem like a tomboy, but she is actually the daughter of a prominent family.
- Mi-na is the only character to tell her own story on Soul Chronicle.
- Soul Edge
- Soulcalibur (Chinese Manhua)
- Soulcalibur II (Console versions only)
- Soulcalibur III
- Soulcalibur IV
- Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
- Soulcalibur: Lost Swords
- Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul
- Soulcalibur VI
|Soulcalibur • Legend of Soulcalibur • Soulcalibur: Spirit Sword • Soulcalibur (Chinese Manhua) • Soulcalibur Original Soundtrack|
|Arthur • Astaroth • Cervantes • Edge Master • Hwang • Inferno • Ivy • Kilik • Lizardman • Maxi • Mitsurugi • Nightmare • Rock • Seong Mi-na • Siegfried • Sophitia • Taki • Voldo • Xianghua • Yoshimitsu|
|The Coliseum • Chaos • City of Water • Emperor's Garden • Harbor of Souls • Hoko Temple • Kunpaetku Shrine • Maze of the Dead • Money Pit • Ostrheinsburg Castle • Palgaea Shrine • Proving Grounds • Shrine of Eurydice • Silk Road Ruin • Takamatsu Castle • The Adrian and The Fortress • Valentine Mansion • Water Labyrinth|
|Soulcalibur II (HD Online) • The Art of Soulcalibur II • Unlockables • Soulcalibur II Original Soundtrack • Weapon Master|
|Assassin • Astaroth • Berserker • Cassandra • Cervantes • Charade • Heihachi • Inferno • Ivy • Kilik • Link • Lizardman • Maxi • Mitsurugi • Nightmare • Necrid • Raphael • Seong Mi-na • Siegfried • Sophitia • Spawn • Taki • Talim • Voldo • Xianghua • Yoshimitsu • Yun-seong|
|Egyptian Crypt • Egyptian Ruins • Eurydice Shrine Gallery • Hwangseo Palace - Phoenix Court • Imperial Capital Ayutthaya • Kaminoi Castle - Sakura-Dai Gate • Labyrinth • Lakeside Coliseum • Money Pit - Top Tier • Ostrheinsburg Chapel • Palgaea Shrine - Lowest Level • Pirate's Alcove • South France Mansion - Library • Tartaros • Village of the Wind|