In this Korean name, the family name is Seong (성/成).
Seong Mi-Na (ソン・ミナ, Son Mina, Hanja: 成美那, Hangul: 성미나) is a fictional character in Namco's Soul series of fighting games. First appearing in Soul Edge, she returned in Soulcalibur, Soulcalibur II, Soulcalibur III, Soulcalibur IV, Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul, and Soulcalibur: Lost Swords.
She has dark brown hair, rosy pale skin, light amber brown eyes, a physically built body and is taller than most Korean women from her time period.
Seong Mi-na is a strong-willed girl who is always striving to be the best she is. Though stubborn about this, she also has a quick wit. She's very determined, but sometimes overly confident in her skills, often mocking her opponents. Due to her inferiority complex, Seong Mi-na dislikes it when anyone views her as weak or helpless, basically not wanting to be treated like a kid.
- Scarlet Thunder
- Tiger Fang
- Long Handled Sword
- Morning Star
- Sickled Spear
- Spiked Mace
- Hyup Do
- Soul Edge (Complete) Seong Mi-na
- Feather Broom
- The Ancient (Seong Mi-na)
- Soul Calibur (Halberd)
- Open-Handed Slap
The Old Temple (SE)
An old temple in the footing of the Chii Mountain, at the southern edge of the Korean peninsula. It has been constructed in the 4th century, but was rebuilt several times already. It has a stage in its front, which has been used by Seong dojo students for training.
Maze of the Dead (SC)
Built before the birth of Christ, according to the legend, the underground city of Cappadocia in Turkey is still shrouded in mystery. Several centuries after Cappadocia was established, a reigning monarch converted a similar underground temple into an extravagant palace. This temple stands above a deep chasm, claimed from ancient times to be a gateway to Hades. The interior of the temple contains a section that was converted into a palace. In addition, a cave exists beyond the palace, followed by more unexplored regions. No one knows for sure what exists down there. The palace itself is in ruins now, thanks to those who turned it into a rock quarry of sorts. However, the lower underground area remains intact. Since the treasure seeking thieves who venture into the lower ruins never come back alive, no one but the most foolhardy enter this place now.
This imperial villa is located in the outskirts of the capital of Lee Dynasty Korea, Hanyang. The Phoenix Court of Hwangseo Palace is renowned for its impressive decorations. The platform is often used for matches in the Imperial presence. Therefore, this place is the dream and goal for those who study martial arts. Seven years previous, Hwang Seong-gyeong, the leader of Lee Sun Shin's coast guard, was given the order to search for Soul Edge. He was likely chosen for this quest due to his performance on this very platform, where many naval officers and even the Choson King Sonjo watched Hwang's matches. During the Japanese invasion, all the warriors who proved their skills in this place fought valiantly to stop the onslaught, and were feared by the Japanese army.
The Ling-Sheng Su Temple, famous in the world of martial arts, is located deep within the Chinese mainland. A few years ago, this historic temple was suddenly destroyed. The influence of the Evil Seed, released by the Soul Edge in a land far to the west, drove the monks of the temple insane, and they tore each other apart with their well-honed combat skills. In this way, the proud Ling-Sheng Su temple vanished. The people who will live here dare not to approach this area, perhaps due to the abominable energies spread by the cursed sword. Seong Mi-na came here seeking deeper knowledge of the fighting techniques she had learned from her wandering master.
Sailor's Rest (SC4)
Sailor's Rest - Twilight (SCBD)
- Despite appearing in the series first, Seong Mi-na copied many moves from Kilik. In Soulcalibur III, Klik and Seong Mi-na's movesets were made unique from each other to remedy this.
- Her Destined Battle in Soulcalibur is Hwang. In Soulcalibur II and Soulcalibur III, it's Yun-seong.
- In almost every version of the Soul series, her default costume is among the most revealing ones, with her entire abdomen and navel exposed each time.
- Seong Mi-na is nicknamed "Heart and Soul Girl".
- Seong Mi-na did not appear in the arcade version along with Sophitia, but was later added to the home versions.
- For some reason, her Destined Battle does not always have the usual Destined Battle music, but other times it will.
- Xin Zhao from the free-to-play MOBA video game League of Legends uses Seong Mi-na's demo animation as his dancing animation. Watch here for a comparison.
- The Soul of Seong Mi-na discipline is available to created characters of the Gladiator class.
- Seong Mi-na is the only character in who requires more than one input at the ending, making it the most elaborate cinematic of the game.
- She will sometimes half-heartedly say that she will "defeat the evils of the ages" - this is a parody of Hwang's line.
- Starting with this game, Seong Mi-na's fighting stance is slighly different. She holds her weapon in a lower position than in past games. This was possibly done to differentiate her from Kilik even more.
- Seong Mi-na has her hair tied in a bun while wearing her 2P costume. This is the only time where she still has her long hair tied in a 2P costume, as opposed to her usual Short Hair in all her other 2P costumes.
- In Seong Mi-na's Story Mode, Talim accompanies her after Mi-na defeats her, Kilik and Xianghua in the second stage. After the fourth stage, Mi-na leaves Talim in charge and carries on ahead to battle Algol. In Yun-seong's Story Mode, Mi-na accompanies him for the rest of his journey after he defeats her, Talim, and Sophitia after the second stage.
- Her Soulcalibur IV 2P costume appears as DLC.
- Soul Edge
- Soulcalibur (unlockable character)
- Soulcalibur II (home versions only and unlockable character)
- Soulcalibur III
- Soulcalibur IV (Unlockable character, if bought her in Character Creation mode for 4000 gold)
- Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
- Soulcalibur: Lost Swords (unlocked if the players buy 3 premium chests)
- Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul
- Soulcalibur VI