- "My resolve... Will never falter!"
- — Sophitia
Sophitia Alexandra (ソフィーティア・アレクサンドル, Sofītia Arekusandoru; Greek: Σοφιτία Αλεξάνδρα) is a character in the Soul series of fighting games. She appeared in the game Soulcalibur VI, which marks her debut appearance in the new, rebooted Soulcalibur timeline.
The exact English translation of her nickname is Second Coming of Oath (誓いの再臨 Chikai no sairin?).
Sophitia was a simple baker’s daughter when Hephaestus, the god of forging and masonry, transformed her into a holy warrior, and bestowed upon her a mission to destroy Soul Edge. When she confronted the owner of the weapon, Cervantes, she was able to destroy one of the sword’s two halves. However, her success came at a price. As she destroyed the sword, its shards pierced her body, causing near-fatal wounds. Fortunately, she was saved by the ninja, Taki, after which she returned to Athens to recuperate. However, fate was not done with Sophitia just yet. Little did the baker’s daughter know that she would soon be charged with another mission…
Sophitia found a soulmate in the swordsmith Rothion. However, despite their becoming betrothed to each other, she was given another mission by Hephaestus. Determined to fulfill her duty, she set off, protected by the armor and sword made for her by her fiancé. On her journey she purified any land infected by evil, and saved those affected by malfestation. However, she never encountered Nightmare, the new owner of Soul Edge. In time rumors of the Azure Knight faded, and were eventually replaced by ones of his disappearance. One day, she met a man wielding a giant sword. She engaged him in combat, and before disappearing, he left her with some mysterious words. For some reason she felt that by meeting this man she had accomplished something, and decided to return home. On the way back, her heart was filled with warm thoughts of her loved ones awaiting her. The day Sophitia and Rothion tied the knot would soon be upon them...
Before starting her journey, Sophitia went to the shrine and found Kilik pondering about his tragic past. She comforted him by telling him to let the past be and focus on protecting those who are with him. Before leaving, Sophitia's chest ached for a brief moment. She assured Kilik that she was fine, and told him that pain did lay in the past before parting ways with him.
Other Soul Chronicles
At Osthreinsburg, Sophitia encountered Yoshimitsu and asked him to let go of his desire for revenge and stop seeking Soul Edge. Her kindness was what inspired him to create his band of thieves to fight for justice.
Learning that Cassandra has disappeared with her old arms, Sophitia found her at the shrine and fought her younger sister. But during the battle, Sophitia collapsed in pain and the match abruptly ended. She then learned of her sister's anger for abandoning her own happiness for a dangerous quest, to which she responded kindly that it was for the sake of spreading the happiness she received from her loved ones. Before leaving the shrine, Sophitia had Cassandra return the holy weapons to their resting place.
At her wedding, Sophitia asked Cassandra to be the one to name any children she and Rothion might have.
Before the Conduit confronted Azwel, Sophitia met them as she was healing a Malfested. Sensing their connection to the astral fissures, she fought the Conduit and was surprised that their power had not consumed them. Sophitia prayed for them as they continued their journey.
Sophitia returns home to Athens for her wedding. While at the temple, she and Rothion meet the Conduit who showed them the arms they were given by the temple. Sophitia is amused by the gods allowing others to take up arms and asks the Conduit for a friendly sparring match.
Sophitia is a young woman with pale skin, blue-green eyes, and long, golden blond hair that is tied in a braid. Her face is modeled after her daughter Pyrrha from the original timeline.
As in the original timeline, Sophitia is a kind, altruistic, and steadfast young woman with strong faith to the gods. She does not hesitate or argue about being given another task by Hephaestus. She is also shown to be wise and observant to the plights of others, such as Kilik, Yoshimitsu and Siegfried and offers them words of guidance. She is also stubborn in her desire to save others such as Yoshimitsu and Siegfried, despite their objection to her help. When in battle against Cassandra, Sophitia is adament on stopping her sister from fighting.
Her costume is a redefined outfit from Soulcalibur with her Color 1 having the original colors.
Her Color 2 is a reference to the color of her alternate outfit in Soul Edge/Soul Blade. Her Elk Shield is recolored black with silver plates.
Her Color 4 is based in her early Soul Edge/Soul Blade concept art. Her Elk Shield is recolored olive gold with silver plates.
When the god of the forge entrusted Sophitia with a great task, her young swordsmith fiancé Rothion was provided with the iron of the gods with which to craft arms and armor for his bride-to-be. He poured his heart and soul into every hammer blow, forging a sword and shield designed specifically for the love of his life.
Rothion’s love and the blessings of Hephaestus would aid Sophitia well on her arduous journey.
The daugher of a baker, Sophitia never wanted to become a warrior. However, after being given a divine mission by the god of the forge, she took up the sword and now fights with courage that matches any of the greatest warriors of legend. Sophitia handles her small shield with natural expertise, leaving few openings for her opponent to exploit, and blindingly-fast thrusts with her short sword are difficult to anticipate even for the most veteran of swordsmen.
Her pure heart and unflinching faith are what allows Sophitia to fully utilize the power of her holy sword and shield. With her beloved Rothion's arms in hand, she fights now for those she loves, and as such is stronger than ever.
The Athenian Style utilizes a short sword and small shield blessed by the gods themselves. It allows for excellent offensive and defensive moves appropriate for any battlefield. While the sword's length makes landing decisive blows at a distance difficult, the light weight of this style's battle gear makes the Angel Step possible — a quick move that closes the gap between you and your opponent. The Athenian Style is known for its use of a shield, which can be used to deflect the opponent's attacks, leaving room for you to launch you own.
Moves are kept on the light side with the sword and shield fighting style. Its highly-maneuverable Angel Step can quickly cover distance, letting its users score deadly blows at close range. It also possess a wealth of moves that can attack enemies while simultaneously repelling their strikes. 
Providential Thunder: Sophitia strikes her opponent twice with her sword before launching them into the air with an uppercut. She then throws her sword at them which is struck by lightning. Afterwards, Sophitia's sword returns to her hand.
- "Oh gods." — Character Selection, 1P
- "Here I go!" — Character Selection, 2P
- "O gods, guide me!"
- "I'm sorry, but I can't back down."
- "I'm fine... I can do this!"
- "I am ready to fight you."
- "It's over!"
- "I want... to save you." — When engaging in battle with Nightmare or Siegfried
- "By the will of the gods, I shall defeat you!" — When engaging in battle with Cervantes
- "Enough. Let's go back home." — When engaging in battle with Cassandra
- "Prepare thyself!"
- "I won't lose."
- "Forgive me."
- "That's it!"
- "I will pray for you." — after winning against Nightmare or Siegfried
- "Now... Have I fulfilled my duty...?" — after winning against Cervantes
- "Don't make this harder than it has to be." — after winning against Cassandra
- "No forgiveness!"
- "Naughty child!"
- "Stay down!"
- "Get this."
- "Not yet!"
- "Meet your maker!"
- "Here... How's that?" — Spoken when using the "Heaven's Arch" throw.
- "Excuse me... Was that too much?" — Spoken when using the "Heaven's Arch" throw.
- "You will know... how I feel!" — Spoken when using the "Heaven's Arch" throw against Nightmare or Siegfried.
- "I will not... yield!" — Spoken when using the "Heaven's Arch" throw against Cervantes.
- "I've had... enough!" — Spoken when using the "Heaven's Arch" throw against Cassandra.
- "Oh gods..." — Spoken when using the "Broken Promise" throw against Nightmare or Siegfried.
- "Oh my?!"
- "Oh gods!" — start of Critical Edge
- "Purifying light!" — during Critical Edge
- "Pardon me." — after Critical Edge
- "Naughty child."
- "I too, can not afford to lose..." — at the end of K.O Critical Edge
- "Here goes!"
- "Now I'm mad!" — using Angel's Strike on Cassandra
- "I want to save you!" — activating Reversal Edge against Nightmare or Siegfried.
- "Wh-What a hairstyle..." — activating Reversal Edge against Maxi.
- "My mission isn't over." — activating Reversal Edge against Taki
- "Are you ready?" — activating Reversal Edge
- "My resolve is firm!" — blocking Reversal Edge
- "It all starts now!" — during Reversal Edge
- "I won't step down either!" — during Reversal Edge
- "Now's my chance!"
- "I can dodge this!" — when dodging Reversal Edge attack
- "Saw it coming!" — when dodging Reversal Edge attack
- "Please, understand!" — Guarding against Reversal Edge against Nightmare or Siegfried.
- "You're strong." — Taunt against Nightmare and Siegfried
- "Did I overdo it a little?" — Taunt after defeating Nightmare or Siegfried
- "L-Lady Taki!" — Taunt against Taki
- "Malfested!" — Taunt against Cervantes
- "I've got no choice!"
- "Let's finish this!"
- "My resolve... will never falter!" — activating Soul Charge
- "O gods, empower me!" — activating Soul Charge in low health
- "Listen, I don't want you to get involved." — activating Soul Charge against Cassandra
- "A miscalculation, perhaps?" — Taunt
- "I'm... victorious."
- "I cannot allow myself to fall yet."
- "Just one moment of peace..."
- "Gods... Please forgive me..."
- "How cruel!" — Ring Out
- "What's happening...?" — Ring Out
- "It can't be!" — Losing to a Time Out
- "I can't fall here." — Losing to a Time Out against Inferno
- "I failed?" — Losing to a time out against Nightmare and Siegfried
- "Oh no!"
- "I won't lose!"
- "Now for your punishment!"
- "No forgiveness!"
- Daughter of Achelous and Nike
- Older sister of Cassandra and Lucius
- Wife of Rothion
- Rescued by Taki during the battle against Cervantes
- Partially healed Siegfried of his Malfestation
- Comforted Kilik of his tragic past
- Stopped Yoshimitsu from pursuing Soul Edge
- ^ https://gematsu.com/2017/12/soulcalibur-vi-first-details-screenshots States her Birthday.
- ^ https://sc6.soularchive.jp/character/sophitia.php Official information.
- ^ https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1053322372055322624
- ^ https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoWKIWpWsAA0ceY.jpg
- ^ https://mp1st.com/news/soulcalibur-vi-moves-list-revealed-beta-download-links-live
|Main Characters in the New Timeline of the Soul series|
|Amy | Astaroth | Azwel | Cassandra | Cervantes | Grøh | Hilde | Inferno | Ivy | Kilik | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Nightmare | Raphael | Seong Mi-na | Siegfried | Sophitia | Taki | Talim | Tira | Voldo | Xianghua | Yoshimitsu | Zasalamel|