- "My resolve... Will never falter!"
- — Sophitia
Sophitia Alexandra (ソフィーティア・アレクサンドル, Sofītia Arekusandoru; Greek: Σοφιτία Αλεξάνδρα) is a character in the Soul series of fighting games. She appeared in the game Soulcalibur VI, which marks her debut appearance in the new, rebooted Soulcalibur timeline. The exact English translation of her nickname, Second Advent of the Vow (誓いの再臨 Chikai no sairin?), is unknown.
Sophitia is the daughter of a Greek baker and works at her family bakery. One day, Sophitia received an oracle from the Olympian God of fire and forge; Hephaestus. He told her about the evil sword Soul Edge and sent her on a mission to destroy it. Sophitia set off on her journey and eventually came across Cervantes, the wielder of Soul Edge. She battled with him and managed to destroy one of the swords, however, she was injured in the process as a fragment of the sword impaled Sophitia, causing her serious injury.
Luckily, a ninja named Taki appeared and rescued Sophitia, taking her back to her home in Athens. Sophitia went back to her normal life working in the bakery alongside Cassandra whilst her wound healed. One day, Sophitia met a man named Rothion and the two began a blossoming relationship which led to the promise of marriage. When Sophitia went to the temple to inform Hephaestus of their news, the god replied with a mission for her instead. Hephaestus tells Sophitia that while she weakened Soul Edge, the sword had begun to regain its power. The god bestowed the power to cleanse evil to help the victims of the sword's terrible power. Rothion was bestowed the iron of the gods by Hephaestus to assist Sophitia.
She briefly meets Kilik traveling from the East before she sets out on her journey to cleanse the evil of Soul Edge. She fends off a Malfested before cleansing him. The strength of her corrupted opponents only grew stronger as she traveled, nearly losing to a Malfested Knight. After cleansing him, The knight tells her that he lost to Nightmare while trying to protect his homeland. With this information, Sophitia sets her sight on Nightmare. She finds Siegried who tells her that Soul Edge is not nearby and fights her. Sophitia attempts to cleanse him of his evil, but the cleansing is unable completely eradicate the malicious forces within Siegfried. Still, it allows Siegfried peace of mind the swordsman thanks Sophitia before telling her to leave Nightmare to him and setting off on his own. Sophitia is hesitant to let him go, but she does feel like she accomplished what she was tasked to do. She then prays for Haphaestus to watch over Siegfried.
As shown in Libra of Soul, Sophitia returns home to Athens for her wedding. While at the temple, she and Rothion meet the player who shows them the arms they were given by the temple. Sophitia is amused by the gods allowing others to take up arms and asks the player for a friendly sparring match.
Sophitia is a young woman with pale skin, blue-green eyes, and long, golden blond hair that is tied in a braid.
As in the original timeline, Sophitia is a kind, altruistic, and steadfast young woman with strong faith to the gods. She does not hesitate or argue about being given another task by Hephaestus. She is also shown to be wise and observant to the plights of others, such as Kilik, Yoshimitsu and Siegfried and offers them words of guidance. She is also stubborn in her desire to save others such as Yoshimitsu and Siegfried, despite their objection to her help.
The Athenian Style utilizes a short sword and small shield blessed by the gods themselves. It allows for excellent offensive and defensive moves appropriate for any battlefield. While the sword's length makes landing decisive blows at a distance difficult, the light weight of this style's battle gear makes the Angel Step possible — a quick move that closes the gap between you and your opponent. The Athenian Style is known for its use of a shield, which can be used to deflect the opponent's attacks, leaving room for you to launch you own.
Omega Sword & Elk Shield
Providential Thunder: Sophitia strikes her opponent twice with her sword before launching them into the air with an uppercut. She then throws her sword at them which is struck by lightning. Afterwards, Sophitia's sword returns to her hand.
- Omega Sword & Elk Shield
- Brave One
- Blue Crystal Rod
- "I am ready to fight you."
- "It's over!"
- "O gods, guide me!"
- "I want...to save you." — When engaging a battle with Nightmare and Siegfried
- "Prepare thy self!"
- "My resolve... Will never falter!"
- "I won't lose."
- "Forgive me."
- "I'm fine... I can do this!"
- "I've had... Enough!"
- "Gods... Please forgive me..."
- "Oh Gods..."
- "That's it!"
- "I will pray for you." — after winning against Nightmare and Siegfried
- "No forgiveness!"
- "Naughty child!"
- "Here I go!"
- "Stay down!"
- "Get this."
- "Not yet!"
- "Excuse me... Was that too much?" — Spoken when using the "Heaven's Arch" throw.
- "You will know... how I feel!" — Spoken when using the "Heaven's Arch" throw against Nightmare and Siegfried.
- "Oh gods..." — Spoken when using the "Broken Promise" throw against Nightmare and Siegfried.
- "Oh my?!"
- "Pardon me!"
- "Purifying... light!" — during Critical Edge
- "I too, can not afford to lose..." — at the end of K.O Critical Edge
- "Here goes!"
- "Just one moment of peace..."
- "I want to save you!" — activating Reversal Edge against Nightmare and Siegfried.
- "It all starts now!" — during Reversal Edge
- "I won't step down ether!" — during Reversal Edge
- "I can dodge this!" — when dodging Reversal Edge attack
- "Saw it coming!" — when dodging Reversal Edge attack
- "Please, understand!" — Guarding against Reversal Edge against Nightmare and Siegfried.
- "You're strong." — Taunt against Nightmare and Siegfried
- "Did I overdo it a little?" — Taunt after K.O.ing Nightmare and Siegfried
- "I've got no choice!"
- "Let's finish this!"
- "A miscalculation, perhaps?" — Taunt
- "I'm... victorious."
- "I'm sorry, but I can't back down."
- "I cannot allow myself to fall yet."
- "What's happening...?" — Ring Out
- "How cruel!" — Ring Out
- "It can't be!"
- "I can't fall here."
- "I failed?" — Losing to a time out against Nightmare and Siegfried
- "Oh no!"
|Main Characters in the New Timeline of the Soul series|
|Astaroth | Azwel | Cervantes | Grøh | Inferno | Ivy | Kilik | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Nightmare | Raphael | Seong Mi-na | Siegfried | Sophitia | Taki | Talim | Tira | Voldo | Xianghua | Yoshimitsu | Zasalamel|