|Soul Calibur (Evil)|
Soul Calibur (Evil), as she appears in Soulcalibur II.
|Place of creation||Evil will of Soul Edge.|
|Canonical wielders||Xianghua & Inferno|
|Soul Calibur (Evil)|
Soul Calibur (Evil), as it appears in Soulcalibur II
|Weapon Type||Chinese Blade|
After being exposed to the poisonous evil of Soul Edge for an extended period of time, Soul Calibur was eventually taken over by the cursed sword after taking a brutal encounter with the cursed blade.
Four years before the events of Soulcalibur II, Soul Calibur appeared from Xianghua, as if it answered the call of the raging Soul Edge. After Xianghua defeated Inferno in the final battle, she carried Kilik to safely, only to realize that the holy sword, Soul Calibur, was left behind in the vortex of evil to stop the demon sword's powers and transformed into her current state by Soul Edge's evil will.
This form of Soul Calibur contains great power, but she is incredibly unstable.
- In Soulcalibur II, Soul Calibur takes a drastic change after being taken over by Soul Edge. However, only a part of itself remains such as its four faces, grip, and the split blade while the other part of itself like its wings and guard changes into a demonic form; thus replacing her holy crystal eye for a cursed eerie single green eye.
- Despite appearing in the game's intro and being a selectable weapon for Xianghua, this form of Soul Calibur does not appear in any significant capacity to the narrative of SoulCalibur II. When Soul Calibur does appear, the sword is in its original form, but lodged inside the body of Inferno.
- Xianghua and Inferno are the only characters to have it as their weapon. But for Inferno, it is placed on top of his head in its evil form.
- Soul Calibur (Evil)'s color theme is dark red and brown, as it is opposed to its original blue and aquamarine color theme.
- In Inferno's ending in Soulcalibur, it is revealed that he is the one who turned Soul Calibur evil. It said that when he sensed how much of a threat it was, he had to get rid of it and transformed it into an evil version.
- It is implied that the twisted personality of Elysium, who is the will of Soul Calibur was caused by this influence at the end of Soulcalibur and during the events of Soulcalibur II.