Taki (タキ, also written as 多喜) is a character in the Soul series of fighting games. She appeared in the game Soulcalibur VI, which marks her debut appearance in the new, rebooted Soulcalibur timeline. She is nicknamed Fu-ma's Shadow (封魔の朧影 Fūma no oborokage?).
Taki is an outcast of the Fu-Ma clan and the most skilled adept of the Musō-Battō-ryū style. Her quest to find Soul Edge ended in a confrontation with Cervantes. She saved the holy warrior Sophitia from near death during the confrontation but lost her beloved sword Rekki-Maru. She returned Sophitia to her homeland before returning to Japan with hopes to reforge Rekki-Maru with a shard of Soul Edge. Unfortunately, the repair failed. Her last hope was to attempt to reforge the enchanted blade Mekki-Maru, which she had hidden in her homeland.
Taki successfully fuses Soul Edge with Mekki-Maru but the power within it worries her. Gekki, a member of the Fu-Ma Clan, demands Mekki-Maru to the leader of the clan. Toki. Taki defeats Geki and flees from the scene. Over time, Toki grew to have an obsession with Mekki-Maru and this was clear to Taki who hid the sword away before reclaiming it. Later, Maki, one of the heads of the Yasunobe Faction, appears before her. She demands Taki to hand over Mekki-Maru to her. The two fight with Taki emerging victorious. In an effort to learn more about Mekki-Maru, Taki travels to Mt. Fuji.
She comes across a strange warrior named Yoshimitsu and fights him. She releases he is an automaton controlled by Toki. She senses the broken seal containing Gel-o-Fury, a great demon she once slew in the past. She senses that Gel-o-Fury is heading to the Hoko-Ji Temple in Kyoto. After fending off numerous attackers, she comes face to face with Shuki, the head of the Fu-Ma clan's Fujibe faction. With Taki as an outcast, he attempts to slay her but is foiled. He admits she should have been the leader of the clan and entrusts her to kill Toki. He gives her Ranjatai, incensed imbued with celestial power.
Continuing her search, she comes across Isurugi, a member under Toki, who tells her he seeks Gel-o-Fury, who has grown more powerful than ever before. He attacks along with the vengeful spirits of Miime and Niime. When she reaches Hoko-Ji Temple, she finds Geki possessed by Gel-o-Fury. After coming to, Geki tells Taki that Toki is no longer in these lands. She decides to cross the seas in search of the sword and her former master.
Like her original counterpart, Taki seeks out to destroy Soul Edge, the very weapon whose shard is infused on one of her blades, Mekki-Maru, and by proxy that drove her master Toki to madness. She will also stop at nothing in eliminating those who are connected to the cursed sword, good or evil otherwise.
Her costume seems to be a mix of her different appearances. The palette swap costume is a reminiscent of her main costume in Soulcalibur III with the difference being the red metal plates as opposed to pale gold.
Rekki-Maru & Mekki-Maru
No other fighting style even comes close to matching this one when it comes to sheer attack speed. Barrages of attacks that can chip away at an opponent's life even as they're guarding make it highly dangerous, and rush attacks out of special stances can also quickly end a round.
Fu-ma Seal, Fatal Violet: A long-range attack. Before it hits, she becomes invincible, and the strike itself neutralizes opponent feints. As soon as the opponent uses a long-range attack to feint, use this move to get in close while dealing damage. It can also be used in combos for extra damage. 
- Rekki-Maru & Mekki-Maru
- Hunting Knife
- Fu-Ma Kugi
- Kris Naga
- Assassin Dagger
- "Heh-heh!" — Character Selection, 1P
- "Let's do this!" — Character Selection, 2P
- "Focus... and release!" — Spoken when activating Soul Charge
- "I was saving... this!" — Spoken when activating Soul Charge on low health
- "This is as far as you go!" — Spoken when activating Critical Edge
- "I'll decimate you!" — Spoken during Critical Edge
- "Now stay down." — Spoken at end of Critical Edge
- "How cliché." — Spoken at end of Critical Edge against Nightmare and Cervantes
- "Don't even try!" — Spoken at end of Critical Edge against Sophitia
- "You'll be lost to history." — Spoken at end of KO Critical Edge
- "Is that all you got?!" - spoken when activating Reversal Edge
- "This is the far as you go!" — spoken when landing Reversal Edge against Mitsurugi
- "You never learn, do you?" — Spoken after victory against Mitsurugi
- "You are in too deep."
- "At least your stance looks good. Humph."
- "Humph... Farewell!"
- "Heh... I'll fight you."
- "Want to go again?"
- "The seal is complete!"
- "Demons... be gone!"
- "Heh... An easy opponent." — Taunt
- "Go back... home!" — Taunt against Sophitia
- "Demon... Leave this place!" — Taunt against Nightmare, Inferno, Astaroth and Cervantes
- "I'll seal you!"
- "This is it!"
- "Give in!" — spoken when performing a second attack in Reversal Edge
- "Ready for the kill!" — spoken when performing a second attack in Reversal Edge
- "I'll seal your power!" — Spoken during Decisive Round against Nightmare, Inferno, Astaroth and Cervantes
- "This ends here!" — Spoken during Decisive Round for both characters
- "You leave me no choice..." — Spoken during Decisive Round
- "Brute force, is it?" — Spoken when struck by Guard Crush
- "Damn it!" — Spoken during a Ring Out
- "Why does this keep happening?" — Spoken during a Ring Out
- "This just shows how much better I am than you."
- "You can go straight to Hell." — Spoken after victory against Nightmare, Inferno, Astaroth and Cervantes
- "Brace yourself, slave of an evil blade!" — Spoken against Nightmare, Inferno, Astaroth and Cervantes
- "Ha ha... When will you learn?" — Spoken against Mitsurugi
- "You just don't learn." — Spoken against Mitsurugi
- "You made your hair into a weapon?" — Spoken when starting Reversal Edge against Maxi
- "How are you still alive?" — Spoken when struck by Reversal Edge against Cervantes
- "I'll send you back to your grave." — Spoken when struck by Reversal Edge against Cervantes
- "Ha ha."
- "So this...is where it ends..." — Standing KO
- "Ugh! So stupid!" — spoken when lost to a Time Out
- "Uh-oh. This is bad." — spoken when lost to Time Out against Inferno
- Former apprentice and adoptive daughter of Toki
|Main Characters in the New Timeline of the Soul series|
|Amy | Astaroth | Azwel | Cervantes | Grøh | Inferno | Ivy | Kilik | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Nightmare | Raphael | Seong Mi-na | Siegfried | Sophitia | Taki | Talim | Tira | Voldo | Xianghua | Yoshimitsu | Zasalamel|