- "The seal is complete!"
- — Taki
She is nicknamed Fu-ma's Shadow (封魔の朧影 Fūma no oborokage?).
The existence of the Fu-Ma clan—a group of monster-fighting ninjas—has been kept hidden in the darkest depths of history. Its most skilled member was Taki, who crossed the seas in search of the cursed sword, Soul Edge. Her travels led her to Cervantes, its owner. They engaged in a fight to the death, in which Taki emerged victor. However, she had more to contend with her on her return home. Toki, the leader of the Fu-Ma clan, had sent assassins to kill her, as well as to claim for him the Mekki-Maru she kept hidden on her person. There was no way she was handing it over to someone blinded by a lust for power, even if that someone was her leader. Her defiance, though meant she was not considered an outcast…
Taki managed to fend off attacks from the Fu-Ma clan, and seal Gel-o-Fury, all while protecting Mekki-Maru. Though Taki’s arduous task ended in success, Toki had already made his next move: he had left Japan in search of Soul Edge. Instead of using her time to rest, Taki chose to pursue him, and so set about gathering more information. According to her findings, a new owner of the sword had appeared in the West. When she had fought Cervantes, Sophitia had destroyed one of the two swords he wielded. So what had happened to the other…?
Realizing she had missed her chance to end everything once and for all, Taki continued into Europe, intent on confronting Toki. As she neared her destination, she learned more of Soul Edge’s new owner, Nightmare, and his cruel, violent reign. Things were even worse than she had expected: from what she was hearing, the Azure Knight might be an even tougher opponent than Cervantes… She made haste. Ostrheinsburg Castle, where the cursed sword’s puppet resided, was not much further.
Before Kilik and Xianghua reached Ostrheinsburg, Taki ambushed them and used Mekki-Maru on the former to unleash his Malfested form. But she was stopped by Xianghua and sensed Krita-Yuga's hidden power. Their fight was interupted by Kilik, who managed to control his Malfestation. Seeing their potential, Taki warned the pair of Soul Edge's power and departed.
Other Soul Chronicles
After killing Cervantes, Taki brought Sophitia back to her home in Athens and treated her wounds. But there was a shard of Soul Edge buried too close to Sophitia's heart, and pulling it out woud cause the death of the holy warrior. Taki informed this to Cassandra, leaving Sophitia's younger sister in tears.
At Ostrheinsburg, Taki stopped Ivy from confronting Nightmare, telling the alchemist that she's too weak and that she and her sword are connected to Soul Edge. After a battle, Taki informed Ivy that she's the daughter of Cervantes and left the alchemist in distraught.
When she confronted the Conduit for the first time, Taki fought them to ascertain their power.
Sometime before the Conduit’s final battle with Azwel, Taki was tracked by them to obtain the power they needed to defeat Azwel. After the fight, Taki saw that the Conduit has matured since their last encounter and allowed them to continue.
Like her original counterpart, Taki seeks out to destroy Soul Edge, the very weapon whose shard is infused on one of her blades, Mekki-Maru, and by proxy that drove her master Toki to madness. She will also stop at nothing in eliminating those who are connected to the cursed sword, good or evil otherwise.
Taki's costume seems to be a mix of her different appearances with her Color 1 being her iconic red suit.
Her Color 2 is a reminiscent of her blue costume in Soulcalibur III with the difference being the red metal plates as opposed to pale gold, as well as a red mask.
Her Color 3 gives her a white bodysuit with black armor plates at the cost of her mask.
Her Color 4 gives her a khaki bodysuit at the cost of having no armor plates.
Weapon & Style
Taki has never shown a particular enthusiasm for the many missions requiring her sealing techniques, but she has shown a great interest in the forging and production of weapons. She crafted in the ninja sword Rekki-Maru herself, then imbued it with the spiritual energy that allowed it to cut down even demons. It was an indispensable companion during her many battles against supernatural beings. Rekki-Maru broke down during the battle with Soul Edge, but when Taki returned to Japan, she immediately set to work to forge the blade anew.
Mekki-Maru is a blade well worth caution. The fierce power sleeping within it is wreathed in mystery, and some even say the blade itself is cursed. Other rumors about the sword trace its origin to the Manji clan’s village.
When she returned from her battle against Soul Edge, Taki attempted to fuse Mekki-Maru with a piece of the cursed sword she had recovered, but they were far more compatible than even she had expected. Now, Mekki-Maru emanates an ominous aura, and Taki keeps it sheathed in a scabbard protected by powerful seals. This prevents the blade from breaking free and wreaking havoc, but only barely. Taki seems extremely cautious of using Mekki-Maru, and to this date had only drawn it in the most dire of situations.
The Fu-Ma clan uses various weapons and therefore various styles, and the style they us for the ninja sword is known as Musoh-Battoh-Ryu. Musoh-Battoh-Ryu is a nique style, most notable for slicing strikes performed while unsheathing the sword and lightning-fast kicks. The combination of these techniques leaves an opponent with little to no opportunity to regain their balance and counterattack. Musoh-Battoh-Ryu users' ability to jump extraordinary heights, close distances in an instant, and utilize a wide range of adaptable hand and feet strikes make the style closer to ninjutsu than a more purely martial style.
The Fu-Ma clan originally used their spiritual powers against supernatural beings, but they can also be used against human opponents to great effect.
At present, Taki is forced to make a difficult choice: she must face Toki, the leader of th Fu-Ma clan and the one who taught her Musoh-Battoh-Ryu—but can she bring herself to do it?
Fu-ma Seal, Fatal Violet: A long-range attack. Before it hits, she becomes invincible, and the strike itself neutralizes opponent feints. As soon as the opponent uses a long-range attack to feint, use this move to get in close while dealing damage. It can also be used in combos for extra damage. 
- "Heh-heh!" — Character Selection, 1P
- "Let's do this!" — Character Selection, 2P
- "Focus... and release!" — Spoken when activating Soul Charge
- "I was saving... this!" — Spoken when activating Soul Charge on low health
- "This is as far as you go!" — Spoken when activating Critical Edge
- "I'll decimate you!" — Spoken during Critical Edge
- "Now stay down." — Spoken at end of Critical Edge
- "How cliché." — Spoken at end of Critical Edge against Nightmare and Cervantes
- "Don't even try!" — Spoken at end of Critical Edge against Sophitia
- "You'll be lost to history." — Spoken at end of KO Critical Edge
- "This is as far as you go!" — spoken when landing Reversal Edge against Mitsurugi
- "The way you move creeps me out." — spoken when landing Reversal Edge against Voldo
- "You made your hair into a weapon?" — Spoken when starting Reversal Edge against Maxi
- "How are you still alive?" — Spoken when struck by Reversal Edge against Cervantes
- "I'll send you back to your grave." — Spoken when landing Reversal Edge against Cervantes
- "You never learn, do you?" — Spoken after victory against Mitsurugi
- "You are in too deep."
- "Are you ready to die?"
- "Heh... I'll fight you."
- "At least your stance looks good. Humph."
- "Humph... Farewell!"
- "Want to go again?"
- "The seal is complete!"
- "This just shows how much better I am than you."
- "Heh, An easy opponent." — Taunt
- "Go back... home!" — Taunt against Sophitia
- "Demon, leave this place!" — Taunt against Nightmare, Inferno, Astaroth and Cervantes
- "I'll seal you!" — spoken when landing Reversal Edge against Nightmare, Astaroth, or Inferno
- "Such power cannot be ignored!"
- "This is it!" — spoken when activating Reversal Edge
- "What now?" — spoken when activating Reversal Edge
- "Is that all you got?!" — spoken when activating Reversal Edge
- "It's time...to fight back!" — spoken when activating Reversal Edge on low health
- "This ends now!" — spoken when activating Reversal Edge on low health
- "Give in!" — spoken when performing a second attack in Reversal Edge
- "Going for the kill!" — spoken when performing a second attack in Reversal Edge
- "Not a scratch!" — spoken when evading a Reversal Edge
- "You bore me!" — spoken when evading a Reversal Edge
- "Challenge accepted!"
- "Hah! Bring it on!"
- "Reckless fool!"
- "Having trouble? Hah!"
- "It's life or death!"
- "I'll seal your power!" — Spoken during Decisive Round against Nightmare, Inferno, Astaroth and Cervantes
- "This ends here!" — Spoken during Decisive Round for both characters
- "You leave me no choice..." — Spoken during Decisive Round
- "Brute force, is it?" — Spoken when struck by Guard Crush
- "Damn it!" — Spoken during a Ring Out
- "Why does this keep happening?" — Spoken during a Ring Out
- "You can go straight to Hell." — Spoken after victory against Nightmare, Inferno, Astaroth and Cervantes
- "Brace yourself, slave of an evil blade!" — Spoken against Nightmare, Inferno, Astaroth and Cervantes
- "Ha ha... When will you learn?" — Spoken against Mitsurugi
- "So this...is where it ends..." — Standing KO
- "Ugh! So stupid!" — spoken when lost to a Time Out
- "Uh-oh. This is bad." — spoken when lost to Time Out against Inferno
- "I see."
- "Try this!"
- "Show some respect."
- "Still going!"
- "Count yourself lucky."
- "How annoying."
- "Foolish pride!"
- "Heheh. Challenge accepted!"
- "You should lay down your sword!"
- "Don't throw your life away."
- "Demons, be gone!"
- Former apprentice and adoptive daughter of Toki
- Killed Cervantes while rescuing Sophitia
- Informed Cassandra of the Soul Edge shard near Sophitia's heart
- Worked with Edge Master to foil Mitsurugi's search for Soul Edge
- Assaulted Kilik to unleash his Malfested form, but was thrawted by Xianghua
- Informed Ivy that she is Cervantes' daughter
- Fought an automoton controlled by Yoshimitsu
|Main Characters in the New Timeline of the Soul series|
|Amy | Astaroth | Azwel | Cassandra | Cervantes | Grøh | Inferno | Ivy | Kilik | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Nightmare | Raphael | Seong Mi-na | Siegfried | Sophitia | Taki | Talim | Tira | Voldo | Xianghua | Yoshimitsu | Zasalamel|