Talim's young frame and tribal accessories has produced a unique, pure fullness to the Soul character roster — which was fully intended. The youthful priestess was initially created to add variety to the current selection of fighters, a selfless, young girl — something that the creators felt that the series lacked. Her signature Elbow Blades, and the features listed above, are Talim's most iconic traits in the means of character design and have stayed with her throughout the entire series.
Talim is strikingly meek, innocent, kind, moderate, and nice in contrast to the rest of the Soul Series cast, often attempting to dissuade opponents from fighting, and constantly showing mercy to her defeated enemies. Her comments often reveal self-doubt and worry. She often does not blame others for their actions, as shown in her SCIV ending where she forgives Algol for his actions, and sometimes will resurrect dead characters who were close to certain other characters, as shown in the same ending where she resurrects Algol's son, Arcturus. She has an ability to read the wind, often taking advice from it, as well as asking the wind to guide her in her journey. Overall, she is a kind-hearted character, and thus is aligned with good characters.
- Syi Salika & Loka Luha
- Wind Guide
- Side Harpe
- Double Crescent Blade
- Cao Ankana
- Maila Kari
- Soul Edge (Complete) Talim
- Soul Calibur (Elbow Blades)
- The Ancient (Talim)
- Elbow Blades
- Soul Edge & Soul Calibur (Elbow Blades)
- Village of the Wind (SCII)
- Water Mill Valley (SCIII)
- Distant Marsh (SCIV)
- Sleeping Marsh (SC:BD)
- Windswept Plains (SCVI)
Talim has high skill in combat with her dual elbow blades. She possess a pure heart, and as such is apparently capable of purifying others. Being a priestess of the winds, she is capable of swaying the wind, using at in her fighting style and also being able to sense winds - using it for guidance. She can also summon a small tornado around herself, or around her opponent to send them flying. She was also able to make Arcturus appear before Algol, but it is unknown whether she resurrected him, made an illusion of him appear, or summoned his spirit.
While mostly unknown to Filipino fans before, the release and reveal of her Tekken counterpart Josie Rizal has led to Talim's increased recognition in the Philippines.
- Not including Yoda, Talim is the shortest character in the Soul series, depending on if Amy wears high heels, because without them, Talim is taller than her.
- Talim has been recorded to be the first character at 15 to appear within the Soul series. This was brought up due to Leixia's debut within the series at 15.
- All of Talim's stages in the Soul series represent the elements of nature: Village of the Wind (wind), Water Mill Valley (Water), Distant Marsh/Sleeping Marsh (Earth).
- Even though she was considered to be Filipina on her debut, she never actually had any realistic features of that racial background until Soulcalibur III, when her skin was shaded darker with a light, but tanned complexion.
- Most of her move names are written in Tagalog, one move (Tagga na Kamay) literally meaning "Hand Severance".
- Her weapons were originally intended to be alive or have some kind of life to them, but the game producers dropped the idea due to its complexity.
- Talim and Natsu share their voice actress, as they are both voiced by Kate Higgins.
- Talim's Slide Attack is different from the other characters. When she slides, she trips and falls head-first to the ground, whilst other characters simply slide to the ground. However, it may be a note that Talim is rather clumsy.
- Talim's pet Bird is named Alun which means "Wave".
- Talim's special stance move called Wind Leap appears in Soulcalibur II as a hidden move , as it's not listed on her command list and can only be performed by doing certain attacks and then pressing the analog stick/ D-pad to the back , just when the opponent is about to attack ; if done correctly , Talim will perform the Wind Leap animation , and if the player then presses the B button , She will perform a charged version of her Paayon Thrust move. The Wind Leap special stance move is latter listed in her command list as of Soulcalibur III.
- In the demo, you will hear her taunting the word SI-PA (sipa); the uttered word meaning 'kick' in Tagalog.
- Talim's weapons and fighting style are available under the discipline Soul of Talim to characters created under the Saint class.
- Her hairstyle (Double Pigtails) and shoes are available to custom characters after unlocking it.
- Just like Algol, Talim has Soul Edge and Soul Calibur together as her ultimate weapons,
- Talim apparently has the power to bring back the dead, or at least create illusions of them, a power also possessed by Zasalamel.
- In her illustration, she is seen performing the move "Paayon Thrust.".
- Talim's 2P outfit has a cat theme.
- She is said to have been abducted by aliens. This is non-canon, however.
- Talim, Rock and Zasalamel are the only cut characters not to be mentioned in Soulcalibur V official artbook.
- Talim, Yun-seong, Rock and Zasalamel are the only characters not to appear and not to have a successor to replace them.
- The flowers on Talim's artwork are sampaguita, the national flower of the Phillipines.
The name Talim means 'blade' (as a noun) or 'sharp' (as an adjective) in Tagalog, a major dialect of the Filipino language.
- Soulcalibur II
- Soulcalibur III
- Soulcalibur IV (Unlocked by purchasing her in Character Creation Mode for 4,000 Gold)
- Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
- Soulcalibur VI
|Main characters in the Soul series|
|Aeon Calcos | Algol | Amy | Astaroth (Original, Mass Produced) | Cassandra | Cervantes | Charade | Dampierre | Edge Master | Hilde | Hwang | Ivy | Kilik | Leixia | Li Long | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Natsu | Necrid | Olcadan | Patroklos (α Patroklos) | Pyrrha (Pyrrha Ω) | Raphael | Rock | Seong Han-myeong | Seong Mi-na | Setsuka | Siegfried | Sophitia | Soul Calibur (Elysium) | Soul Edge (Inferno, Nightmare, Night Terror) | Taki | Talim | Tira | Viola | Voldo | Xianghua | Xiba | Yoshimitsu (First, Second) | Yun-seong | Zasalamel (Abyss) | Z.W.E.I.|