- "Let's see which way the wind's blowing!"
- — Talim
Talim (タリム, Tarimu) is a character in the Soul series of fighting games. She appeared in the game Soulcalibur VI, which marks her debut appearance in the new, rebooted Soulcalibur timeline. She is nicknamed The Last Priestess of the Winds.
Hailing from the Village of the Wind Deity, a remote island tribe in South-East Asia, Talim was raised as The Last Priestess of the Winds, being the only daughter of the village shaman.
Through this role, Talim learnt the ways of the ceremonial Wind Dance and grew up with the two ancestral elbow blades, Syi Sarika and Loka Luha, used for this sword display. Though trained with the blades as part of the island’s ancient ceremonies, Talim’s vast mastery of these weapons and control of the very wind itself, provided her with a fighting ability vastly beyond her young years.
She spent her entire life on the island, until the day a stranger arrived in Talim’s town carrying a shard of Soul Edge itself. Talim could sense the danger of it just from this small shard and vowed to protect the world by returning it to where it belongs, even if this meant leaving her village and family behind.
A Southeast Asian fighting style that uses two elbows blades to perform quick combinations. Originating from a sword dance dedicated to the spirits of the wind, this style's graceful jumps and whirls make dodging attacks a breeze. The cyclonic Wind Charmer can initiate a combo; the Wind Sault is perfect for surprising a foe like a sudden gust; the gale-force Wind Fury unleashes a powerful strike-all these moves and more allow the fighter to harmonize with the wind, earning its protection and power.
Syi Salika & Loka Luha
- Syi Salika & Loka Luha
- Side Harpe
- Double Crescent Blade
- "Let see which way the wind's blowing."
- "I'm sure I can do it!"
- "Don't underestimate me!"
- "I dedicate this to the wind!"— Beginning of Critical Edge
- "Breath of the sky!" — Spoken during Critical Edge
- "Embrace my dance..." — Spoken during Critical Edge
- "...And blow away corruption!" — Spoken during Critical Edge
- "How does my dance look?" — After using Critical Edge
- "Wind... I thank you."
- "I can buckle down when I need to."
- "May the wind watch over me!"
- "I'm not afraid anymore!"
- "Go through!"
- "Come on!"
- "Guide me!"
- "Please... give up!"
- "Here I go!"
- "Not yet!"
- "Wind... Thank you!"
- "How sad."
- "You okay?"
- "It's not okay!"
- "Yeah. That's it."
- "Want to... go easy on me?"
- "The wind... It's singing..."
- "I'm okay... I can still fight!"
- "That's a nice breeze."
- "I can't fly!" — Suffering a Ring Out
- "I knew I couldn't do it!" — Suffering a Ring Out
- "I'm sorry... everyone."
|Main Characters in the New Timeline of the Soul series|
|Astaroth | Azwel | Cervantes | Grøh | Inferno | Ivy | Kilik | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Nightmare | Raphael | Seong Mi-na | Siegfried | Sophitia | Taki | Talim | Tira | Voldo | Xianghua | Yoshimitsu | Zasalamel|