- "I wish Jolly would choose more worthy opponents!"
- — Gloomy Tira
Tira (ティラ, Tira) is a character in the Soul series of fighting games. She appeared in the game Soulcalibur VI as a downloadable character. This marks her debut appearance in the new, rebooted Soulcalibur timeline. She is nicknamed Bird of Death.
Tira, an expert wielder of her Ring Blade named Eiserne Drossel, fights using her own Dance of Death style. Trained by the mysterious Birds of Passage group of assassins, Tira abandoned the group after its leader went mad. Alone and angry, Tira travels across the world, slaughtering any that get in her way – taking great pleasure in the trail of blood in her wake.
Tira is a teenage girl of average height and slender build. Her hair is multi-colored, the right side being predominantly black with the left being predominantly teal. Her hair is done in ragged, wild pigtails, giving her the impression of a harlequin. Her torso and face are also streaked with violet body paint.
Like in the original timeline, Tira uniquely suffers from disassociative identity disorder (multiple personalities) which manifests in the forms of Jolly, seemingly her original persona, and Gloomy, a persona that emerged when she killed her foster parents. While prone to bickering between themselves, they are both ruthless killers who enjoy the act of murder.
Jolly, as per her name, is the more exuberant of the two, perky and upbeat. Jolly finds it easier to blend in to society and more cunning, often planning out her kill and toying with her prey. Her voice in this state is higher pitched and prone to giggling.
Gloomy is the opposite, being callous, impatient, brutal and quick to anger. Gloomy prefers just to attack regardless of her target being isolated or with witnesses. As such, she tends to get the pair into trouble when she's unable to keep her bloodlust in check. In this state Tira's voice drops in pitch, becoming gruffer and more subdued. She dislikes being called Eiserne Drossel.
Both personalities also take a keen interest in Nightmare, enraptured by the destruction left in his wake.
Dance of Death
Bleak Concerto: A fast, rising middle attack that can be used in air combos. If unleashed while Jolly, it'll finish with Tira transforming into Gloomy. If unleashed while Gloomy, however, it will perform a follow-up attack that deals a huge amount of damage.
- Eiserne Drossel
- Azi Dahaka
- Steel on Steel
- "I'm gonna kill you!" — Character Select, 1P
- "It's time to party!" — Character Select, 2P
- "Ooh, I'm getting goosebumps! Say that again."
- "It's gonna be fun to watch you grovel!"
- "Hey Gloomy, can I kill this one?"
- "I found a new one! Lucky me!"
- "You're so adorable, all bloody and broken..."
- "Let's dance!"
- "Show me... blood!"
- "I found a new one! Lucky me!"
- "Here we...go!"
- "Break apart!"
- "This is fun!"
- "So much... fun!"
- "Hey now!"
- "How's this?!"
- "Go away!"
- "Come play with me!"
- "How did this happen?!" — spoken during Ring Out.
- "This is kinda fun!" — spoken during second Ring Out.
- "You think you're so perfect!" — spoken while fighting Sophitia and Talim.
- "I hate girly girls!" — spoken while fighting Talim.
- "What, you wanna play?" — spoken during Reversal Edge.
- "How should I kill you?" — spoken during Reversal Edge.
- "I love your hair!" — spoken during Reversal Edge against Maxi.
- "I think we're gonna get along!" — spoken during Reversal Edge against Voldo.
- "Are you broken?"
- "I'm gonna... slice and dice ya!"
- "Aww... poor you!"
- "You look like you wanna die!"
- "Can I hollow you out?"
- "Want me to play with you?"
- "Wanna see me cry?"
- "Such a rush!"
- "I'm getting goosebumps!"
- "Well... I hope you enjoy this!" — spoken upon activating Soul Charge
- "How about... going down with me?"
- "Time for that climax!" — spoken at the beginning of the final round, while gaining meter.
- "I'm gonna slice you!" — spoken upon activating Critical Edge.
- "Is this it?! Seriously?!"
- "I'm going to turn you into something beautiful!"
- "I'm gonna sit right here, and watch you bleed out."
- "I wanna be your friend!" — spoken during decisive round against Nightmare.
- "This is the best!" — spoken during decisive round.
- "Mmm, I like the smell of that sword!" — spoken when engaging a battle with Nightmare.
- "How 'bout we both use that sword for a killing spree?" — spoken in victory against Nightmare.
- "Killing's so much better when it's not work."
- "Gloomy gets angry if I go overboard."
- "Feels good!" — spoken when defeated by Nightmare.
- "What?! I wanna keep playing!" — spoken when losing a Time Out.
- "You're just too cool."
- "This is... really annoying." — spoken when losing a Time Out to Sophitia
- "Hey... Come play with me!" — spoken when taunting
- "You're no match for me. Let's make this quick."
- "Shut up and die!"
- "There's nobody!"
- "I want to see your blood!" — spoken during Ring Out.
- "How could someone like you...?!" — spoken during Ring Out.
- "You're far from innocent!" — spoken while fighting Sophitia and Talim.
- "Hahaha... cat got your tongue?" — taunt after KO.
- "Cat...got my tongue..." — Standing KO.
- "This is crazy!"
- "Just die... right now!" — spoken upon activating Soul Charge
- "If I'm going down... You are too!" — spoken upon activating Soul Charge on low health
- "Quit your screaming!" — spoken during Reversal Edge.
- "Where shall I begin?" — spoken during Reversal Edge.
- "You're dead!" — spoken during Reversal Edge.
- "What's with...that hair?" — spoken during Reversal Edge against Maxi.
- "Scream for me." — spoken upon activating Critical Edge.
- "Such a beautiful... sound!" — spoken during critical Edge
- "That can't be it, right?" — spoken when Critical Edge doesn't KO an opponent
- "I'm not satisfied yet!" — spoken when Critical Edge doesn't KO an opponent
- "I've already had enough of this..." — spoken after defeating an opponent with Critical Edge.
- "Searching for victims can be so boring."
- "I wish Jolly'd choose more worthy opponents."
- "You're still alive? I must be losing my touch!"
- "How many more should I send to the grave today?"
- "Let me... crush your heart." — spoken when taunting.
- "I'm gonna kill you!" — spoken when taunting.
- "Heh, it's like you and I are on the same wavelength." — spoken in victory against Nightmare.
- "You're amazing!" — spoken when defeated by Nightmare
- "This is the pits!" — spoken after losing two rounds.
- "Beautiful noises..." — spoken after losing two rounds.
- "What's your problem?"
- "Could your face be any more annoying?!"
- Nightmare - Tira takes an interest to Nightmare's Soul Edge
|Main Characters in the New Timeline of the Soul series|
|Amy | Astaroth | Azwel | Cervantes | Grøh | Inferno | Ivy | Kilik | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Nightmare | Raphael | Seong Mi-na | Siegfried | Sophitia | Taki | Talim | Tira | Voldo | Xianghua | Yoshimitsu | Zasalamel|