- "I'll be the end of you, mark my words!"
- — Gloomy Tira
Tira (ティラ, Tira) is a fictional character in the Soul series of fighting games and a loyal servant of the evil sword, Soul Edge. She is referred to as the The Misguided Angel of Death during her debut appearance in the official E3 teaser trailer for Soulcalibur III. She has thus far appeared in all the following games: Soulcalibur IV, Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny and Soulcalibur V.
Tira fights with a unique type of weapon reminiscent of a bladed hula hoop, appropriately called a Ring Blade. She can effortlessly and swiftly swing her weapon using her wrists, feet, and body, similar to that of dancing. Her battle style relies on acrobatics, speed, and flexibility.
What lies in her soul is Torment.
In promotional material for Soulcalibur V, she is referred to as Dark Wings That Plot in Secret.
Although it is unknown where she was actually born, Tira's origins begin with a European organization hidden in the shadows called the Bird of Passage. She was raised exclusively as an assassin, for the Bird of Passage specialized in forming contracts with powerful people of prestige and dispatching assassins to eliminate important targets, and began killing at a very young age. Within this organization, Tira was known only by her codename: 'Eiserne Drossel' (Iron Thrush). Due to her upbringing, Tira became utterly inured to the sight of death, eventually becoming so engrossed in her ability to kill without experiencing any remorse or conflicting emotion that she started to become dependent on killing for the stimulation it provided. By the time she was nine years old, she had already killed enough to be considered a "Bird of Death".
Tira was taught how to fight by a woman in the organization. She raised Tira and was known as her Mother Bird. When Tira had grown older, she was forced to kill her and to perform a subsequent 'Sky Burial', as a rite of passage. The trauma of killing her mother-figure caused her to develop two different personalities.
She was later placed under the command of a man named Solnhofen, whose group dealt with missions involving VIP assassinations, "extermination and clean-up of the escort". Her resulting mental issues made her an unpredictable force and she commonly caused 'accidents' on the field. This caused her to be looked upon and treated scornfully by the other members as a 'plague'. Her skills, however, proved far too valuable to do away with.
During an assignment, the Evil Seed pervaded through the sky, burning the leader's mind and dissolving the chain of command. Inadvertently, Tira was freed, and inexplicably drifted into the custody of an adoptive family. It was this family that gave her the name 'Tira'. Although she struggled to adapt to the "average life", Tira ruminated on the new freedoms that were provided, and decided that this new life could possibly be acceptable. However, Tira's peaceful, new found existence did not last for long. After she was scolded for releasing the youngest daughter's pet bird, she murdered her entire foster family in a blind rage. Finding that she could not live without the fundamental excitement of inflicting death on others, Tira began a wandering lifestyle, and heartlessly killed any who crossed her path. To show that she was no longer a tool to the organization, she chose to keep the name her adoptive family had given her, giving her old codename to her weapon instead.
Amidst her travels, Tira learned of the Azure Knight's massacres, and started to harbor a twisted fondness for the terrifying figure. During this leaderless period, her emotions had spiraled out of control, rapidly swinging between extremities with the slightest provocation. Because Tira had grown up without the freedom to make her own decisions, she ultimately resolved to track down the Azure Knight and become his servant, believing him to be a kindred spirit due to his ability to spread pain and suffering. Soon arriving to Ostrheinsburg, Tira encountered a man with a Death Scythe, Zasalamel. This man explained to Tira that Nightmare was nothing more than a puppet being controlled by the cursed sword, Soul Edge. Though she was disappointed by this information, Tira later jumped at the opportunity when she learned of the Azure Knight's resurfacing. After following a trail of slaughter, she finally found Nightmare and fulfilled her wish in becoming a loyal, erratic servant for he and Soul Edge. After this acceptance, she was given two tasks: To destroy the spirit sword, Soul Calibur, thus liberating Soul Edge from its prison, and locate a new, permanent host for the demonic blade. In order to fulfill these objectives, Tira was granted the protection of Nightmare's raven sentries, the Watchers.
Once again under the command of a dominant, evil being such as Nightmare, Tira contentedly set out on her quest. Those she considered worthy of the cursed sword would surely have their souls devoured by the flame of Soul Edge. And those she did not, would most definitely be killed by the hand of Tira — in order to bring more joy to the life of her own. With this bidding, Tira victimized numerous souls, claiming the lives of any who stood in her way. She was even responsible for murdering a few members of the Manjitou, Yoshimitsu's clan.
Amongst the many warriors she encountered was a strong-willed mother, Sophitia Alexandra. Tira knew of her children's existence and menacingly taunted Sophitia, threatening to use her children as hosts for Soul Edge, telling the resistant mother that when the time was right, she would indeed come for them. The mischievous girl held up to her promise and eventually kidnapped Sophitia's daughter, Pyrrha.
Tira awaited outside the gates of the Lost Cathedral, languishing the outcome of the battle between Siegfried, who wielded Soul Calibur, and Nightmare, who wielded Soul Edge. When the swords clashed, Tira's mind was depleted, shattered into countless pieces by the destruction unleashed by the meeting of the swords. But somehow, she found an inner will, and clawed herself back to consciousness. And in the end, Tira had become two separate people. Her mind had reformed itself into the two entities that represented Tira's original, unstable personality.
Upon her return to Ostrheinsburg, Tira began processing the information that her watchers carried to her, and began manipulating numerous ways to give Soul Edge, her king and master, advantages in battle. She would use the inhabitants of the cursed city to wear down the power of the spirit sword. And at last when they fought, the cursed sword would turn Ostrheinsburg into a giant vessel and every soul within the place would be caught in its maw, including the spirit sword. She knew that then, her king would win.
Having kidnapped Pyrrha, Tira knew that her mother would seek to save her child and eventually met with Sophitia to reveal a shocking truth. Tira informed that her beloved daughter could not live without the evil influence of Soul Edge, and thus used her love for Pyrrha to pit Sophitia against any warrior who dared to confront the evil sword. Tira also manipulated Astaroth and Maxi, convincing the latter to pursue the cursed blade in order to avenge his slain comrades, and the other to serve Nightmare. Along with these tricked souls, Tira additionally used Voldo's devotion for his master and had earlier convinced Cervantes to pursue Soul Edge as well.
Her plan was coming together. Tira had no doubt that Soul Edge would easily overcome the justice that was Soul Calibur with such rich souls at its hilt. Her king would consume everything! And at that moment, Tira too would become part of Soul Edge. A feeling she had never felt before swelled in her. But she, both of her, did not quite understand it. A tiny glimmer of fear sparked in the chink between her two personalities, but it was forced down below the surface of her consciousness. It would not emerge again.
Tira was devastated when the Evil Sword was defeated 17 years earlier.
The two personalities within her lamented as one, and howled together in a chorus of rage. But Tira found some solace in her plans for a certain young girl, and in the ever-growing strength of the shattered sword's fragments. Revitalized by her hopes to revive Soul Edge, Tira dedicated herself to a hunt for the sword's scattered pieces.
But after waiting so many years, the reborn Azure Knight was not at all what Tira had hoped for. He curried favor with human nations, scheming in secret and gathering souls from the shadows. Tira could barely stand to look upon this cowardly Nightmare.
"He's an imposter! I will never accept him!"
"In that case..." began the dark half of her personality, "...I shall prepare an appropriate vessel for Soul Edge myself!" finished her brighter half. Tira certainly had all the ingredients; she'd been carefully preparing them for 17 years. It was the perfect plan.
And so Tira disappeared into the night once more, on her way to visit that "certain young girl", Pyrrha...
Tira found Pyrrha, who had just been engaged to a man named Jurgis. That night, Tira murdered Jurgis, using her old taught 'Sky Burial' assassination methods. Pyrrha was arrested for the crime and placed in a cell. Tira appeared before the distraught girl, and managed to seduce her way into her fragile heart and gain her trust.
She gave Pyrrha the sword and shield which had once belonged to Pyrrha's mother, Sophitia. She also produced a shard of Soul Edge which resonated with the shard that rested inside Pyrrha's body, setting the stage for the next step of her plan.
As Tira and Pyrrha travelled, Pyrrha was often attacked by people claiming her to be a 'Bringer of Woe'. With Tira's urging, she began to kill those who threatened her. As Tira's smooth words eased Pyrrha's guilt of murder, Pyrrha's malfested body began to absorb the souls of those she killed.
Pyrrha began to grow defiant and refused to kill anymore. Deciding to move forward with her plan, Tira reveals to Pyrrha that she has a brother who has been looking for her, Patroklos, whom Tira had been tracking with her Watchers. Given a new hope to hold onto, Pyrrha willingly slays some soldiers who attempted to kill her. After absorbing their souls Pyrrha passes out in the middle of an abandoned battlefield. Tira reacted with glee at how close Pyrrha was to becoming the perfect host for Soul Edge.
Tira then sought out Patroklos, who at the time was travelling with Z.W.E.I. and Viola. Patroklos, the new wielder of Soul Calibur, fought Tira seeking vengeance against his sister's abductor. After letting herself be defeated by Patroklos, she goaded him into chasing after her, separating him from his companions and leading him to the abandoned battlefield where Pyrrha still lied unconscious. After being called a pawn of Soul Edge, Tira's Gloomy side takes over and she viciously kicks Pyrrha further angering Patroklos, causing them to fight a second time. She once again loses on purpose and flees the battle scene, allowing Patroklos to take Pyrrha back.
She then watches from the shadows as Pyrrha fends off Nightmare and is rejected by the brother she had saved for being a malfested. This appeared to be according to her plan, as Tira then approached Pyrrha, who once again placed her trust solely on Tira and left with her,
A battle broke out between the forces of Nightmare and Schwarzwind on the plains of Hungary. Z.W.E.I. had directly confronted Nightmare at Denevér Castle and emerged victorious. Without a host, Pyrrha was now free to take Soul Edge for herself. After Pyrrha disposed of Z.W.E.I., Tira approached Soul Edge.
"Welcome back. I missed you,"
Tira encouraged Pyrrha to grab the sword. As she did, a torrent of evil energy exploded from Soul Edge as it's form changed. Tira reacted with glee as Pyrrha, the Crimson Despair, became the new wielder of Soul Edge. With her plan years in the making seemingly fulfilled, Tira left satisfied as Pyrrha, as though recreating the events of 17 years ago, split the skies with the cursed sword opening the gate to Astral Chaos.
In her debut appearance, Tira has purple eyes, teal-colored hair, green rags, and feathered fringes. Early concept art shows Tira covered in scars on her face and body, but in the final illustration, this was replaced by painted purple stripes. In Soulcalibur IV, she undergoes a drastic evolution in design, exchanging her short blue hair for dark brown, lopsided pigtails with a long, thin braid on the back of her head. She also has an unmarred body, and wears a red ensemble. At first, this dramatic change was speculated to be the outcome of one of Tira's epilogues in her Tales of Souls Mode from Soulcalibur III, in which she was possessed by Soul Edge. However, the real reason was to reflect her new, unstable personality, as revealed in an interview with one of the character designers of Soulcalibur IV. In Soulcalibur V, Tira now has two, braided pigtails, which imitate the shape of a jester's hat, and her hair now possess three colors — white and two shades of purple.
Tira is nearly as ruthless and sadistic as her master, having no qualms with claiming the lives of her victims. She derives a demented form of amusement from others' suffering, apparently due to her upbringing as an assassin, and is lethally addicted to murdering others. When Soulcalibur III was released, Tira's personality was not quite two seperate entities; instead, what would later become Gloomy, was simply an extreme angry and homicidal rage. In Soulcalibur IV, Tira develops two disparate personalities due to being exposed to Soul Calibur and Soul Edge's conflict, both representing the opposite spectrums of her erratic emotions. These alternate personalities manifest themselves in her battle style, as two stances: Jolly Side and Gloomy Side. Similar to how being damaged would affect Tira's moods in Soulcalibur III, Tira's two personalities can be changed either manually, or randomly, also altering her moveset.
It seems that both of these personalities co-exist in a friendship-like manner — this can be seen in Tira's inner dialogue in her Soulcalibur IV ending. Additionally, they will engage in occasional banter or praise each other's moves during battle. Gloomy is much more avarice and egotistical than Jolly, but shows signs of protectiveness toward the Jolly side and Tira as a whole while being rather sour and aggressive toward other people. Jolly, on the other hand, is much more childish but has the possibility to form bonds with other entities, which shows best in her concern about Nightmare as a person and not as a host for Soul Edge.
In contrast, Tira is shown to be affectionate toward animals, especially birds, easily valuing their freedom over people's lives.
Overall, Tira's costumes usually represent her split personalities, Jolly and Gloomy in her 1P and 2P outfits respectively. In each game, her 1P outfits have a more playful, revealing, and torn up look with references to the avian theme. Her 2P costumes are more conservative, have toned down or dark colors, and include a noticeable motif of jesters and clowns. Her hairstyles are usually less chaotic than they are in her 1P outfits and she also wears the dark decoration of human skulls. Oddly, this seems to have been swapped in Soulcalibur V, her costume seems to be a fusion of her Soulcalibur III 1P outfit and her 2P outfit from Soulcalibur IV. This costume also presents the most direct approach to the avian theme surrounding Tira, as it is richly ornamented with tiny representations of raven skulls. This time however, there is another animal theme included in the shape of Tira's gloves, which resemble feline skulls. Also, the decoration on the buckle of her belt is very similar to the sabbatic goat head that is often inserted into reverse pentagrams as a symbol of the imagined pagan god, Baphomet, and thus became a symbol of satanism and witchcraft in the later centuries. It should also be noted that Tira's skin is now a very pale white, causing fans to speculate that she has either stopped aging or has become immortal.
Tira enters the bedroom of Patroklos and Pyrrha, presumably thinking of making them the next hosts. Pyrrha asks what she is holding in which the screen fades to black and Tira is heard saying "Do you like it? Awww, I'm glad."
Tira is ambushed by Sophitia and Cassandra and chased out the window. There, Soul Edge decides to possess Tira. Her body and clothes turn purple as Soul Edge speaks through her, saying that Tira's body will have to suffice until it finds a more suitable host.
Tira bows down to Nightmare, who is holding Soul Edge and sitting on a throne in Ostrheinsburg. As Nightmare stands to confront Tira, he stumbles and grasps onto the evil sword. Tira gasps, realizing his body can no longer withstand Soul Edge's power, and runs in an attempt to save her master. But Tira's Gloomy persona intervenes and convinces her to let him pass away. Later on, Tira is seen kneeling near the glowing soul of Soul Edge, smiling.
The text-only epilogue states: The cursed sword lay dormant now that the spirit sword is destroyed. When it awakens, its fires will consume the world.
Tower of Lost Souls Details & Skills
Tira appears in Tower of Lost Souls Ascend mode as a boss under the floor "Life On Sand." She also makes appearances under the floors "Unfailing Tower" & "Envoy Of Destruction"
TOLS Ascend Mode Boss: Life On Sand
Sophitia, Voldo & Zasalamel (Unfailing Tower Floor Floor 32)
Astaroth & Nightmare (Envoy Of Destruction Floor 59)
Solnhofen (Story Mode Stages 1–3 Only)
Skills On "Life On Sand"
1.Soul Gauge Damage S
2.Soul Gauge Boost C
3.Soul Gauge Recovery A
4.Nullify Ringout S
Skills On "Unfailing Tower"
1.HP Recovery A
2.Auto Grapple Break S
Skills On "Envoy Of Destruction" & "Descend Mode Floor 35"
1.Soul Gauge Damage A
2.Shave Damage A
3.Soul Gauge Boost A
4.Nullify Ringout A
1.Soul Gauge Vamp
2.Soul Gauge Boost C
3.Shave Damage A
Along with the obvious use of her Ring Blade, Tira's fighting style revolves around acrobatic movements, unpredictable attacks, and impeccable timing. She is notable for having two mood types, Jolly and Gloomy, which are represented in her battle stances and affect the way she fights. For the most part, Tira's Jolly side moveset was recycled from Soulcalibur III, and wasn't given many new attacks. However, her new Gloomy side stance opened a whole new door for Tira, for it was a fresh and new moveset; increasing her strength, speed, and added a unique element to the character. The Gloomy side persona is far more destructive in comparison to the Jolly side, but deals more damage. In addition, Tira's Gloomy stance is often used more profusely by those who are familiar with her fighting style, making the Jolly side a bit more unpredictable. Her mood can be altered in numerous ways: if she falls off the ring blade, endures a serious amount of damage, or when the player taunts or headbutts the enemy. However, though it is likely that her personality will shift if she taunts or performs the move "Gestopft Madness", it is never guaranteed. One of Tira's weaknesses are her low-damaging Jolly side attacks — the stronger attacks in that stance are rather predictable and can be easily evaded with the 8-way run tactic. Another weakness she has, and perhaps the most noticeable, is her ability to inflict damage onto herself while in Gloomy side, leaving the player almost helpless if in a state of low health. Though in her defense, Tira can put up plenty of combos to maximize damage and put pressure on the opponent and has many turtling opportunities. She also has various counterattacks such as the "Uplift Neb", "Snare Robin", "Einsatz Calcatrix", and the "Grim Reaper". The "Grim Reaper" is notably one of her biggest assets, as not only does it deal serious amounts of damage to the enemy, but also restores a portion of Tira's health. However, it is very risky, since it requires the same precision as when performing a Guard Impact and can be only done at throw range, otherwise leaving Tira open to attacks for quite a long period. As far as learning her, Tira is rather difficult for beginners to handle due the altering of her moveset and the surprising element that she is able to hurt herself. But like all characters, with practice and devotion, she is possible to be mastered.
Tira is generally perceived as a low tier character by the tournament community due to the random factor — the unpredictable stance changes, and also the inevitable loss of health and possibility to kill herself while performing more powerful attacks in the Gloomy stance.
In Soulcalibur V, due to the fact that she only hurts herself in few moves and her damage output has been increased significantly along with some additions to her combo possibilities and guaranteed stance changes, she was considered a mid-tier character. Gloomy stance was often considered top-tier and was dragged down by Jolly stance's weaknesses. However, she can still kill herself while using certain moves. Also, her input is often criticized as being counter intuitive.
In the rebalancing patch, Tira was the most nerfed character. Both her stances were weakened significantly.
Judecca Requiem: Tira vertically slashes her opponent, leaps on top of them, and kisses them passionately while they squirm. As she drains their soul, the screen will fade to a dark gray and a foggy, skull shaped cloud will appear — presumably representing the victim's death.
Depending on her mood, this is what she'll say afterwards:
Jolly: How was that?!
Gloomy: Hmph...you don't interest me.
Jolly: Tira will say "It's time to party!" and will proceed in dancing around with her Ring Blade — violently hitting the opponent while doing so. Each strike will make her weapon glow a golden orange and will produce small sparkles as the enemy endures more damage. When the maneuver is finished, Tira will likely become Gloomy.
Gloomy: Tira will glide her thumb across her throat — symbolizing death upon her foe. She then rapidly swings her Ring Blade onto the enemy and shares with them the means of a painful death. Her weapon will glow with a dark purple as the attack moves forward and a dark aura will surround her and her victim throughout the entire maneuver.
Depending on the state the enemy is in, this Critical Edge has two variations. One of them is very similar to Tira's signature attack "Hiisi Baroque". This is the shorter version of the attack that deals less damage and she will perform it if the enemy is laying on the ground. However, if she is interrupting an enemy's attack or is about to release the Critical Edge on an enemy that isn't guarding or is mid-air, she will perform the full version of the Discord Parade.
Overall, this Critical Edge is easy to whiff and should be used only for punishment or when guaranteed. It can be also used for Ring Outs. The damage dealt by it is outdone by the benefits of Tira's Brave Edge attacks and the usage of meter should be deployed with care, especially since the Critical Edge can deal much less damage if used at the wrong time.
- I'm gonna kill you now, you ready?
- I can't wait to see you in pieces.
- I'll make sure to grant you your death!
- Ha ha ha ha! Wanna die now?
- Let's get started, okay? No point in dragging it out, right?
- He he he he...Hurray! I found a new one!
- Don't worry, I won't take anything but your life!
- Ohhh! I want that body! Give it to me!
- You've come all this way just to die.
- A nuisance...such a nuisance.
- Let's find out...just how dark your blood is.
- Stay away...you irritate me.
- You'll be dead before you know it.
- I'll keep you company...until you're destroyed.
- Your heart beats...the noise is grating!
- Don't worry...I'm not expecting much from you.
- Okay, let's move on to the next one!
- More, I want more! You're still alive!
- People are most beautiful...right before they die!
- Hmm...Very mediocre...This won't do, nope nope. - after winning a battle with low damage
- That's it? That's all? How lame!
- What a big disappointment!
- Aww...I wanted to have more fun! - after winning a battle with low HP
- Over already? Come on, I want more!
- You're so lucky...you got to die so peacefully! - after winning a battle with a perfect
- Pretty...you're so pretty! Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
- Hurt much? Oh, I guess you can't hear me anymore.
- Is that it? There's no one else?
- Aww...you broke already...Oh well, I guess I'm done with you.
- Either way, you would have died eventually.
- You deserve the most painful death imaginable.
- I just don't feel anything with you.
- You're no good either...Damn, what a waste of my time.
- You cannot even cease to exist on your own. Such a pathetic creature.
- This is absolutely pointless.
- Is that the best you can do?...What a killjoy.
- I couldn't care less...about your life.
- Way too quick...how boring.
- Can't you all...just shut up?!
- Just as I thought...completely useless.
- What was that? Are you kidding me?
- Humph...I don't even feel like killing you.
- You're the stupid one for going against the sword. Bleeh!
- I think all stupid people deserve to die.
- You're absolutely irritating...Hurry up and disappear! — Spoken to Yoshimitsu during their Destined Battle
- I get irritated just thinking about him. — Spoken after defeating Yoshimitsu. Also spoken in her right input ending
- It's over. Your luck just ran out. — Spoken to Zasalamel during their Destined Battle
- Such a fool. — Spoken after defeating Zasalamel
- I wonder if that body will make a suitable host?
- Let's see...he sure looks strong!
- You have a nice body...can I see it for a second? I wonder if Soul Edge would like it?
- What are you? You look kind of funny.
- You don't belong in this place.
- Oh perfect, I'll just tear limb from limb.
- He looks really strong! Very strong!
- I can't wait to see you die! It's going to look incredible!
- Aha ha ha ha! Here she comes! — Spoken to Sophitia.
- To abandon your children and travel all this way! — Spoken to Sophitia.
- You're such a horrible mother. Sheesh. — Spoken to Sophitia.
- You're not bad, but I don't like the look in your eyes.
- There's no need for a conscience.
- I want to see...if you're worthy of that sword...Let's find out!
- This is completely absurd.
- How do you manage to even exist?
- I'm annoyed...I'm going to make you disappear forever!
- To cling on to the visage, of that man for so long... — Spoken while playing as Nightmare.
- No... No... I just don't understand this at all. — Spoken while playing as Nightmare.
- Tell me why! Answer me! — Spoken while playing as Nightmare.
- I'm ordering you to answer me...why won't you respond? — Spoken after losing as Nightmare.
- With a mother like her. I feel terrible for her children. — Spoken after losing as Sophitia.
- That was ridiculous...what are you doing? — Spoken to Zasalamel if players complete the quick time event.
- I'm displeased...I'm very displeased. — Also spoken during her right input ending
- Ooh, I'm really excited. Wow, wooow!
- Owww...So what are you gonna show me next?
- I want to see you destroyed...he he he.
- Wow! This is so much fun!
- I really hope more fun things happen soon!
- Awww...This is no fun!
- Stop wasting the power of the sword.
- That is a sin...that I could never forgive. — Spoken to Abyss if players complete the quick time event.
- You insolent bastard...you will pay for this. — Spoken to Zasalamel or Abyss if players fail the quick time event.
- I'm just giddy with the prospects of killing you. — Spoken to Night Terror if players complete the quick time event.
- How amazing...he he, I'm getting even more excited. — Spoken to Night Terror if players fail the quick time event.
- I have to hurry up...and find a new body! — Ending
- But, I wonder how I can... — Ending, unused
- Who? Who is worthy of the sword? — Ending, unused
- Who?...No, right now, time is of the utmost importance. — Ending, unused
- Yes, I know a suitable host. — Ending, unused
- Humph, I guess I'll take care of them before she returns. — Left input ending, unused
- Do you like it? Oh, I'm glad. — Left input ending
- On a moonlit night, the young siblings went into a deep, dark forest. The poor siblings got lost in the mist and were never heard from again. — Left input ending, unused
- Please, receive my body as your own... — Right input ending, unused
- Guh...ugh...ga...ahhhhhhhh! — Right input ending
- Uh... — Right input ending
- Humph, so this is the new host. — Right input ending
- Well, I guess I'll have to settle with this one for now. — Right input ending
- Don't run away!
- Here we...go!
- How's that?
- Here here!
- Here I go!
- Bye bye!
- Let's play!
- Outta the way!
- Break apart!
- I'll cut your heart out!
- Want to die?
- Shut up!
- Hurry up...and die!
- Hey, does it hurt? Really? — Taunt, Jolly
- Does it hurt? Tell me it hurts. — Taunt, Gloomy
- Let's dance!
- That's it! Show me you mean business!
- I want to see you destroyed!
- I can't wait to see you in pieces.
- Hurray! I found a new one!
- Can I kill you? Please.
- Oh Perfect! I'll just tear you limb from limb!
- I don't need you. You're no fun!
- Toys are most beautiful right before they break!
- You wanted to play a little longer, didn't you?
- No good, this won't do. Nope, nope. — Spoken after releasing a "Perfect!"
- I want to play more! Oh goodie, you're still breathing! — Spoken after victory with low HP.
- What's the matter?! — Spoken after releasing a "Critical Finish"
- Why are you being such a goody-goody?
- Can I use him? Nah, he's useless. — Spoken after defeating Yoshimitsu and his clan, in Story Mode.
- There's nothing you can do now loser. — Spoken to Cervantes, in Story Mode.
- Is that it? There's no one else? — Spoken after completing Stage II of Story Mode.
- Come on! This is our final job! — Spoken to Astaroth, in Story Mode.
- All done! Such rich souls. Just yummy! — Spoken after completing Stage IV of Story Mode.
- Soul Edge is eating right now! It doesn't want to be disturbed. — Spoken to Siegfried, in Story Mode.
- So what's up with that pathetic sword? — Spoken after defeating Siegfried, in Story Mode.
- Naughty children must be punished. — Spoken to Astaroth, in his Story Mode.
- Don't you get it? You're the main course! — Spoken to Sophitia, in her Story Mode.
- Oh goody! I've found a new toy to play with!
- Oh no. His body can't withstand the power any more! — Spoken in her ending.
- No, don't go! — Spoken to Nightmare, in her ending.
- Don't abandon me! Don't leave me all alone! — Spoken to Nightmare, in her ending.
- I feel it. It's here. It's right here. — Spoken in her ending.
- How was that?!
- Round and Round!
- Break apart!
- Tricked ya!
- Let's play!
- Here we...go!
- I'll break you to pieces!
- I'm not ready to play yet!
- ...this is fun!
- Oh, I feel much better!
- I'm not finished!
- Here, kitty, kitty!
- We can still play, can't we?!
- This is fun!
- Here I am!
- Too bad.
- Come on, come on!
- Fall to parts!
- Hope you fall!
- Let's see you...dance!
- Alright...Fall to parts!
- I'm so bored.
- Break already!
- Here I go!
- Sorry, that hurt?
- How's that?!
- What?!...No Way!
- I'll cut your heart out!
- I'll keep you company, until you're destroyed.
- You've come all this way just to die.
- I couldn't care less about you.
- You deserve the most painful death imaginable.
- Don't worry, I'm not expecting much from you...
- You're all just in my way.
- Stay away. You irritate me.
- Is that the best you can do? What a killjoy.
- You're still alive? Don't be such a pain!
- Let's find out just how dark your blood is. — Spoken after you release a "Perfect!"
- You just don't know when to give up. — Spoken after victory with low HP.
- Oh, are you dead? — Spoken after you release a "Critical Finish."
- You annoy me. I'll make you disappear forever! — Spoken after defeating Yoshimitsu and his clan, in Story Mode.
- Can't you all just shut up?! — Spoken after completing Stage II of Story Mode.
- Finished with the preparations for the sacrifice. — Spoken after defeating Astaroth, Sophitia, and Voldo, in Story Mode.
- Your heart beats. The noise is grating! — Spoken after defeating Siegfried, in Story Mode.
- Do you see the new body for the evil sword? — Spoken to Kilik, in his Story Mode.
- You're staying here until the darkness consumes him! — Spoken to Seong Mi-na, in her Story Mode.
- Our justice is just too fragile. — Spoken in her ending.
- Our happiness is ours alone, but the morals and laws created by others, deny us that happiness. — Spoken in her ending.
- Everything we've worked so hard to achieve is falling apart and we're just suppose to stand by quietly and accept it?! — Spoken in her ending.
- No! Anyone who get's in our way is our enemy! All we need is each other, right?! — Spoken in her ending.
- That's it!
- Hmph...You don't interest me.
- It's too late!
- I'll kill you!
- Fall apart!
- Don't bother me!
- Don't move.
- Wanna die?!
- Now, break apart!
- What a pain!
- You're so...annoying!
- Just die!
- Now break...apart!
- My turn! Step aside!
- Are you afraid?!
- I'm gonna kill you!
- Is that it?
- I'm starting to like you.
- You really are pitiful.
- Hurry up...and die!
- Does it hurt?
- Stop screaming!
- Get lost!
- That's enough!
- I don't like this.
- It's gonna be fun to watch you grovel!
- I found a new one! Lucky me!
- Show me what you got! — Spoken when engaging in battle against Nightmare.
- Uh! You just don't look right — Spoken when timed out by Nightmare.
- No way... Oh, listen to me! — Spoken when timed out by Pyrrha.
- No! Not fair! — Spoken when timed out.
- It's time to party! I'll dance on your corpse! — Spoken during her "Critical Edge".
- So... pretty! — Spoken when taunting a knocked out enemy.
- Here, kitty, kitty! — Taunt.
- I ca-an't... stand this! — Spoken when taunting on low health.
- Nope... nope!
- Here we... Go!
- You're getting... boring!
- This is fun!
- So much fun!
- You dummy!
- Let's dance!
- Go away!
- Break apart!
- I'll cut you!
- Let's go!
- Too bad!
- Hey now! — Spoken when getting up on low health.
- I'm gonna break! — Spoken after being hit by Yoshimitsu's "Critical Edge" or Ivy's Sweet Dominance.
- Not bad! — Spoken during a "Guard Burst".
- Oh no!! — Spoken when knocked out by Nightmare.
- Feels good! — Spoken when knocked out by Pyrrha.
- I'm here!
- Over here!
- It's shaking! — Spoken when hit by a tremor.
- Oh please!! — Spoken when one round away from losing.
- Show me... blood! — Spoken while fighting Pyrrha.
- Naughty... naughty! — Spoken while fighting Pyrrha.
- Bad girl! — Spoken while fighting Pyrrha.
- No!! Not fair! — Spoken when losing a Time Out.
- Hahah... Fake! — Spoken when taunting Nightmare.
- Hahah... pretty Pyrrha. — Spoken when taunting Pyrrha.
- Pyrrha... pretty! — Spoken when taunting Pyrrha Ω.
- Patroklos... Let's play! — Spoken when taunting Patroklos.
- Hah... Patroklos. — Spoken when taunting α Patroklos.
- Boring! — Spoken during Ring Out.
- Let's play more! — Spoken during Ring Out.
- Hmm...Pretty lame. You didn't even try!
- I'm gonna sit right here and watch you bleed out.
- You're so adorable, all bloody and broken.
- Broken already? Well aren't you delicate.
- You think your weak moves can really take me out?
- All... broken... — Spoken when KO'd by movements that leave her in a standing state, like Ivy's Embrace of Guilt.
- You're in for a spanking if you don't obey! — Spoken when engaging in battle with Pyrrha.
- Next time you disobey, it's going to hurt much more! — Spoken after defeating Pyrrha.
- Oh well. Another faker bleeding all over himself. — Spoken after defeating Nightmare.
- Well, well, Pyrrha. Not bad! — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Of course I forgive you! — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- You were just protecting yourself from the nasty people who were trying to kill you. They were the bad guys. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Oh look. More humans that misunderstand you. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Better kill them first before they kill you. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Hey, you're a malfested, that's what you're supposed to do. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- *laughs* You thought you were human? — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Normal humans don't go around killing people and burning towns! — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Oh, you don't want to be a malfested? — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Have you forgotten about all those who called you a Bringer of Woe and hunted you like an animal? — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- I guess she's reached her limit. Time to move on to the next bait. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Oh, by the way, you said you were all alone, but you were wrong! — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- You have a family. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Yes, a brother! I saw him at the market just the other day. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- A boy named Patroklos was looking for his long lost sister. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- He even had a shield just like yours. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Don't you want to meet your brother? — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Don't worry. I'll go with you! So you just follow me and no arguing, okay? — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Just do what I tell you to do! — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Humans must be killed. Right, Pyrrha? — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- You're looking good. Your soul is plumping up quite nicely. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Kill them, butcher them, and soon you'll be irresistible! — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- Writhe in the depths of despair and become the perfect vessel. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha.
- I finally found you. — Spoken in Story Mode to Patroklos.
- It's been a while, Patroklos, How's your search for your sister going? — Spoken in Story Mode to Patroklos.
- Yes! It's my favorite! So I guess Soul Calibur is your favorite right now. — Spoken in Story Mode to Patroklos.
- I'm not going to tell a wimpy little boy who's a pale imitation of his mother! — Spoken in Story Mode to Patroklos.
- Stop right there or I'm going to have to hurt this poor little girl! *giggle* — Spoken in Story Mode to Patroklos.
- Poor little Pyrrha. — Spoken to Pyrrha in Story Mode.
- Ooh, well look who's changed his tune. — Spoken to Patroklos in Story Mode.
- Now that he knows you're his sister, he suddenly gives a hoot! — Spoken to Pyrrha in Story Mode.
- Now you're making me blush! — Spoken in Story Mode to Patroklos.
- Poor Pyrrha. See? Didn't I warn you what would happen? — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha Ω.
- Blood means nothing to these humans. They won't even try to understand the real you. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha Ω.
- Welcome back. I missed you. — Spoken in Story Mode to Soul Edge.
- It's your sword. Take it. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha Ω.
- It's reaching out to you. I knew it, I was right. — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha Ω.
- You are the only worthy heir of Soul Edge! — Spoken in Story Mode to Pyrrha Ω.
- What's that? Me? The only pawn on this board is this stupid little girl! — Spoken to Patroklos, in Story Mode.
- You're no match for me, let's make this quick.
- Shut up and die!
- Just do as I tell you, dammit! — Spoken when engaging in battle against Pyrrha.
- I've lost to this wench!? — Spoken when timed out by Pyrrha.
- I'll be the end of you! Mark my words! — Spoken when engaging in battle against Nightmare.
- Damn fake! — Spoken when timed out by Nightmare.
- How annoying! — Spoken when timed out.
- Don't bother me!
- Just do what I tell you!
- What?! You wanna fight?!
- Sorry, time's up... Lie down and die already!! — Spoken during her "Critical Edge".
- What the? — Spoken when knocked out by Pyrrha.
- Nuisance! — Spoken while fighting Pyrrha.
- ...Make me sick! — Spoken while fighting Nightmare.
- Shameless! — Spoken during a "Guard Burst".
- There's nobody!
- I'll kill you!
- Blood bath!
- Wanna die?!
- Get aside!
- Hmpf... is that it?!
- What's going on?! — Spoken when hit by a tremor.
- Know... your place!
- I'll... shred you! — Spoken during grapple or taunting while crouching on low health.
- Time to die!
- Are you afraid?
- That's it! Hahahahaha!
- What a pain...
- Fall apart!
- Little pest!
- It's too late!
- Yeah right! — Spoken after losing two rounds.
- Seriously?! — Spoken after losing two rounds.
- Irritating! — Spoken after being hit by Yoshimitsu's Critical Edge or Ivy's Sweet Dominance.
- ...Tear you to pieces!! — Spoken when taunting an enemy.
- Yes! Scream for me! — Spoken when taunting a knocked out enemy.
- Fool! So red... — Spoken when taunting Patroklos while crouching.
- Hahah... toy. — Spoken when taunting Pyrrha while crouching.
- Hahah... fake. — Spoken when taunting Nightmare while crouching.
- Hah... fool. — Spoken when taunting α Patroklos while crouching.
- Stupid wen- playing dirty. — Spoken when taunting Pyrrha Ω while crouching.
- You coward! — Spoken while fighting Nightmare.
- Little coward! — Spoken while fighting Nightmare.
- I'll... paint you red!! — Spoken while fighting Nightmare.
- Damn you!! — Spoken when knocked out by Nightmare.
- You're worthless! — Spoken when fighting Pyrrha.
- How annoying! — Spoken when losing a Time Out.
- You'll pay for this!! — Spoken during Ring Out.
- Never again!! — Spoken during Ring Out.
- How many more should I send to the grave today?
- Do me a favor. Scream for me a little more!
- You still alive? I must be losing my touch.
- That was your best?! What a waste...
- Saying sorry won't change anything, save your breath, wench! — Spoken after defeating Pyrrha.
- I only wish I'd thought to do this sooner! — Spoken after defeating Nightmare.
- Impossible... — Spoken on standing state KO.
- Accompanied by a flock of ravens called Watchers.
- Loyal servant of Nightmare or rather Soul Edge/Inferno in Soulcalibur III and Soulcalibur IV. As of Soulcalibur V, she has grown negligent of the new Nightmare and has separated herself from him, taking matters into her own hands. She also considers the new Nightmare a coward and seeks a new host to replace him.
- Tormented Sophitia by threatening her children and eventually kidnapping her daughter.
- Murdered one of Yoshimitsu's clan members.
- Motivated Cervantes to find Soul Edge before the events of Soulcalibur III.
- It is implied several times during Soulcalibur III, that she does not like Siegfried, however it could be general dislike toward the current wielder of Soul Calibur and the spirit sword herself.
- Motivated Maxi and Astaroth to achieve their goals using Soul Edge before the events of Soulcalibur IV.
- Solnhofen was her former superior in the Bird of Passage. She sacrifices his soul to Soul Edge in her Soulcalibur IV story, saying that she doesn't need him, that he is no fun..
- Azola, Dürer and Solnhofen are her subordinates.
- Kidnapped Pyrrha prior to the events of Soulcalibur IV. Tries to set her up as a replacement host of Soul Edge, due to her dislike of the current Nightmare.
- Killed Jurgis with the intent of isolating Pyrrha.
- Patroklos believes that she had murdered Sophitia.
- ^ http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/_img/games/credits_779.jpg Katie McNulty has been speculated to be Tira's Voice Actress for a while, here it is stated Katie McNulty done English voice work for Soulcalibur V. It also shows other voices for characters like Misturugi.
|Main characters in the Soul series|
|Aeon Calcos | Algol | Amy | Astaroth (Original, Mass Produced) | Cassandra | Cervantes | Charade | Dampierre | Edge Master | Hilde | Hwang | Ivy | Kilik | Leixia | Li Long | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Natsu | Necrid | Olcadan | Patroklos (α Patroklos) | Pyrrha (Pyrrha Ω) | Raphael | Rock | Seong Han-myeong | Seong Mi-na | Setsuka | Siegfried | Sophitia | Soul Calibur (Elysium) | Soul Edge (Inferno, Nightmare, Night Terror) | Taki | Talim | Tira | Viola | Voldo | Xianghua | Xiba | Yoshimitsu (First, Second) | Yun-seong | Zasalamel (Abyss) | Z.W.E.I.|