|Tower of Remembrance - Ancient Gate|
The Tower of Remembrance - Ancient Gate stage, as it appears in Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
|Home to||Angol Fear, Kamikirimusi, Shura, Ashlotte & Scheherazade (SCIV)
- "A formidable opponent awaits."
- — Narrator
Tower of Remembrance - Ancient Gate is a stage featured in Soulcalibur IV, notably used by the bonus characters. It's a rocky area surrounded with lava, set outside Algol's tower, with clouds lurking over the stage. When characters fight Angol Fear, Kamikirimusi, Shura, Ashlotte, or Scheherazade in the third stage of Story Mode, they face the bonus character on this stage. If the player listens hard enough after ringing an opponent out, they can hear a hissing sound as the rung out character hits the lava.
- This is where Hilde and Ivy fight in the opening scene, and is similar to where the battle of Siegfried versus Nightmare, Yoda versus Astaroth, The Apprentice versus Taki, Darth Vader versus Mitsurugi and the Create-a-Soul character versus Cervantes take place in the opening scene.
- This stage features two unique effects. First are the embers that gently float up from the bottom of the screen. Second are the slight distortions of the image throughout. These are especially noticeable in the winning and losing animations after playing the stage.
- This stage is the stage used for the first five descending floors in Tower of Lost Souls mode.
- The stage returns in Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, with the difference being the lava cracks on the ground. This stage also serves as Siegfried's stage.