- REDIRECT Template:UserCharacter (Old)
Note: This character is made by SMS1996, and cannot be edited without permission.
Jonah is a character from the Soulcalibur universe. He first appeared in Soulcalibur IV as a main character. He also stars in his own game that reveals his true backstory, Soulcalibur: Excalibur. He is set to return in Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny.
His battle style is oddly very similar to The Apprentice's, though since he doesn't exist in the Star Wars universe, he doesn't have any Force powers. Also, his combos are very deadly compared to the others. He is also shown to run fast in his own game as well as Soulcalibur IV.
What lies in his soul is Determination.
Personality and Character Overview
He always carries his Never Give Up motive. To match his never give up motto, he is also stubborn and naive. Most of the time he tries to avoid battles, but fights if truly needed. His personality most of the time changes when he is around Amy and especially when she is in danger. He is very protective of his friends and will do anything to prevent them from getting hurt, even if his life is the price. He is very energetic for his age and almost never tires out. Probably unknown that he has an IQ of at least 175, due to him being able to think up around three to five strategies against his enemies when he has at least seen the enemies moves and actions once (Though, it is not actually seen or mentioned in-game), and probably the only person who he hasn't gone up against, is Amy.
He was finally able to defeat Nightmare, and with the sword right in front of him, he destroys it in one strike, then fades to black. Next then shows Jonah at the edge of the Thesmophoros Imperial Garden overseeing his hometown still being overrun by infected people. He sighs, then says "Soul Edge may be gone, but these monsters are still here. Well then. I have to put an end to this!" He then grips his sword then jumps off the side upon landing, one infected attempts to attack him, but he blocks the attack effortlessly then slices the infected in half. As the other infected notice him, he then prepares to fight then fades to black. The epilogue text then says: "It is unknown what happened to him after that, but after a long and harsh adventure, he was finally able to rest."
Most of his attacks originate from The Apprentice's, but he has his own moves which are faster yet a bit weaker. To oppose The Apprentice's lack of good low attacks, Jonah has more low attacks, yet they are weaker. Despite this, he has attacks that can attack enemies from around 5- steps away, but at the same time, they're weak. Most of his combos can connect with another and another, giving him a load of moves and a huge unknown moveset with combined both dodging and parrying in combo. He is also the fastest walking and running character in the game, as he can get from the afar to infront of the enemy in a second by running.
- Caliburn (Standard Weapon)
- Emblazoned Sword
- Azuzeal Blade
- Crescent Sword
- Buster Sword
- Orichalcum Blade
- Excalibur (Ultimate Weapon)
- Backscratcher (Joke Weapon)
- Friends of Kilik and Xianghua.
- Has a sister/brother-like relationship with Amy, but he feels something more than being a big brother to her.
- Friends with Seong Mi-na and Talim.
- One time travel companion and best friend of Yun-Seong in search of Soul Edge. Unknown to Yun-seong at the time that Jonah's sole purpose was to destroy it and after knowing it ruins their friendship. Though not entirely, both still help each other when needed.
He first does a straight slash, then follows up with a slash that sends the opponent high in the air. He jumps, then lines up for an aerial spinning attack (Similar to Shadow's/Lancelot's Aerial Move in Sonic and the Black Knight), then just before landing down he lines up once again then slashes through the opponent. Thus then saying, "You asked for it."
- Against Amy, instead of dealing the final blow, he drops his sword, then catches her and asks, "Are you alright?"
- Against Yoda, just like everyone else, he has a different critical finish. He instead does his special combo that ends with a quick unblockable attack that sends Yoda flying across the stage (Due to his size and weight).
His hometown is located at the bottom of the edge of the open area, but it isn't seen during gameplay. His ending cutscene shows him standing on said edge.
Just like The Apprentice, he can't be bought in Character Creation Mode and must be beaten in Arcade Mode by using either Amy or Yun-seong. But unlike him, Jonah has a far more intelligent AI and the AI commonly uses his most effective attacks and combos making it almost impossible to stand.
- Get ready!
- Don't hold back!
- Time to go.
Before Battle (Both scripted and not scripted lines)
- Do we really have to fight?
- Let's get this over with.
- You leave me no choice.
- Alright! Here we go!
- Looks like there's no other way.
- Don't hold back!
- OK, you asked for it.
- Alright, bring it on!
- Don't get in my way!
- If there is no other way.
- Who the heck are you?
- You have to stop this Yun-seong! (When going against and playing as Yun-seong in Story Mode)
- Amy... (When fighting against Amy in Story Mode)
- Amy, where are you going? (Going against him as Amy in Story Mode)
After Battle (Scripted and not scripted lines)
- You got what you deserved for challenging me.
- Good thing that worked.
- Phew, that was tough.
- I'm getting out of here.
- I need to hurry.
- Is that it?
- I guess you had to see it for yourself.
- No challenge intended. (Perfect)
- I will end this! (Critical Finish)
- I'm sorry nma, I just have to stop you. (After a Story mode stage)
- Amy, I'm sorry... (After a Story mode stage)
- I... I can't lose here. (Losing)