'Soulcalibur VI' - Voldo Reveal Trailer
Do you like this video?
- Manas & Ayus
- Cat Claws
- Tofana Scissors
- Shame & Blame
- Iron Ram
- Heavy Jur
- Karma & Mara
- Full Moon
- Soul Edge (Complete) Voldo
- Money Pit- The Secret Treasury (SE)
- Money Pit (SC)
- Money Pit - Top Tier (SC2) (Note: Voldo shares this stage with Yoshimitsu.)
- Secret Money Pit (SC3)
- Phantom Pavilion (SC4)
- Ostrheinsburg Castle Throne Room (SCBD)
- Torture Chamber (SC5)
- In Soulcalibur IV's Chain of Souls, Voldo is shown to be the only character to be exploited by two characters at the same time, the first being obviously Nightmare and the second being Tira.
- Voldo was cured of his malfestation by Kilik (during the events of Soulcalibur IV or after).
- In Soulcalibur III, characters created with the Dancer class can use a discipline called "Soul of Voldo." Using this discipline removes nearly all spoken words from their dialogue. A select few attacks are still accompanied by a spoken phrase, though. (Caliostro Rush B+G, for example)
- Voldo's nickname in both Soul Edge and Soulcalibur is "Hell Guardian".
- Voldo's third costume in Soulcalibur II is reminiscent of the aliens from the Alien movies.
- Voldo's Destined Battle in Soulcalibur is Ivy. His Destined Battle in both Soulcalibur II and Soulcalibur III is Yoshimitsu.
- The North American Dreamcast Version of Soulcalibur removes one of Voldo's suggestive codpieces featuring a bull. However, the codpiece is present in the European and Japanese versions.
- Voldo bears similarities to Hellboy villain Karl Kroenen.
- Voldo's fighting style is similar to Sunny the Scorpion, the main villain in the 1991 kung-fu film ''Operation Scorpio''.
- In Soulcalibur II: Reloaded, Voldo has a costume that looks like Tira.
- The triple-lensed goggles Voldo wears in Soulcalibur IV look similar to the goggles worn by Splinter Cell series protagonist Sam Fisher.
- It isn't really made fully clear on whether Vercci really haunts the vault, or whether it is another sign of Voldo going insane. It is possible that Voldo only believes he can hear his master's orders, and is really guarding the vault and seeking Soul Edge due to his own insanity. However, in Voldo's Bad Ending (although some argue that it's actually his Good Ending) Vercci's Ghost seemingly appears in front of Voldo to thank him for returning Soul Edge, and to give him his next task of guarding it for life. Some believe that Voldo hallucinates Vercci and therefore "dooms himself" into remaining in the Vault for the rest of his life (hence why they consider this the "Bad" Ending) furthering the proof by stating that the player will only see the ghost if the ending is viewed from Voldo's perspective - however it is important to note that Voldo is blind, and therefore it would make no difference to him whether the ghost appeared or not, as he wouldn't see it. It can be assumed from this that Vercci really did return as a ghost, and Voldo simply heard his voice. However, Voldo's ending in Soul Calibur III seems to imply that hearing Vercci's voice was part of his madness, and Soul Edge simply took advantage of that.
- Voldo's throw move "Jack in the cage" (only versus male characters) was copied from Sophitia's throw "Heaven's Arch".
- In Soulcalibur IV & V, when performing his "Jack in the cage" move on female characters, it will change to "Bloody drill".
- Because of his unusual appearance, some newcomers to the Soul Series (as well as regulars who don't pay attention to the storyline) don't realize Voldo is human.
- Although it is stated from the very beginning that Voldo can no longer talk, he apparently has dialogue in the Edge Master book in Soul Edge.
- Voldo's design in Soulcalibur V has a spider theme.
- Voldo's 2P costume in Soulcalibur V is similar to one of a jester's in green, red and purple. It also shows the seasonal cycle (starting from the left side of his front and going clockwise, it shows Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter).
- During Story ~1607 A.D.~ in Soulcalibur V, Voldo is apparently killed by Pyrrha after they battle. However it is unknown if he survived the fight or not as it is not shown.
- Voldo's main weapons have been changed throughout the Soul series. His first weapons were the Karma & Mara (Soul Edge/Soul Blade), then to Shame & Blame (Soulcalibur) and finally to Manas & Ayus (Soulcalibur II-onwards).
- Although the main story of Soul Chronicle features mostly the major default fighters from original Soulcalibur, where Voldo was a originally one of them in that game, he is replaced by Grøh, leaving Voldo as a minor like the rest of fighters who were unlockables in the original Soulcalibur or/and first appeared after that said game.
- Soul Edge (playable from the start)
- Soulcalibur (playable from the start)
- Soulcalibur II (playable from the start)
- Soulcalibur III (playable from the start)
- Soulcalibur IV (playable from the start)
- Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny (playable from the start)
- Soulcalibur V (playable from the start)
- Soulcalibur VI
Appearances in Other Media
- Voldo appears as a card in Outcast Odyssey. He is a Limited time card, available until 7 September, 2015.
|Soulcalibur • Legend of Soulcalibur • Soulcalibur: Spirit Sword • Soulcalibur (Chinese Manhua) • Soulcalibur Original Soundtrack|
|Arthur • Astaroth • Cervantes • Edge Master • Hwang • Inferno • Ivy • Kilik • Lizardman • Maxi • Mitsurugi • Nightmare • Rock • Seong Mi-na • Siegfried • Sophitia • Taki • Voldo • Xianghua • Yoshimitsu|
|The Coliseum • Chaos • City of Water • Emperor's Garden • Harbor of Souls • Hoko Temple • Kunpaetku Shrine • Maze of the Dead • Money Pit • Ostrheinsburg Castle • Palgaea Shrine • Proving Grounds • Shrine of Eurydice • Silk Road Ruin • Takamatsu Castle • The Adrian and The Fortress • Valentine Mansion • Water Labyrinth|
|Soulcalibur II (HD Online) • The Art of Soulcalibur II • Unlockables • Soulcalibur II Original Soundtrack • Weapon Master|
|Assassin • Astaroth • Berserker • Cassandra • Cervantes • Charade • Heihachi • Inferno • Ivy • Kilik • Link • Lizardman • Maxi • Mitsurugi • Nightmare • Necrid • Raphael • Seong Mi-na • Siegfried • Sophitia • Spawn • Taki • Talim • Voldo • Xianghua • Yoshimitsu • Yun-seong|
|Egyptian Crypt • Egyptian Ruins • Eurydice Shrine Gallery • Hwangseo Palace - Phoenix Court • Imperial Capital Ayutthaya • Kaminoi Castle - Sakura-Dai Gate • Labyrinth • Lakeside Coliseum • Money Pit - Top Tier • Ostrheinsburg Chapel • Palgaea Shrine - Lowest Level • Pirate's Alcove • South France Mansion - Library • Tartaros • Village of the Wind|