- "Heaven's net casts wide. Though it's coarse, nothing slips through."
- — Yoshimitsu
He is nicknamed The Original Mechanical Ninja.
In Japan’s Warring States period, the ninja Manji Clan’s name stood out, despite—or because of—their impartiality. However, in times of such violence, it was dangerous not to pick a side, and the Manji Can would suffer for their stance… One lord wished to recruit the clan, but when they refused, he torched their village to the ground, killing all but one: their most skilled warrior, Yoshimitsu. All alone, he honed his ninja skills, and slowly fought back against the lord, despite being overwhelmingly outnumbered. During his desperate fight, the ninja’s desire for revenge grew stronger and stronger, until he felt the need to obtain a weapon without equal… Soul Edge…
When Yoshimitsu left Japan for the first time, he realized just how big the world was. Every step he took further away from home, the more confused he began to feel. When he saw the devastating effects Nightmare’s cruel reign of terror had brought to the land, the ninja could not help but be reminded of the tragedy that befell his village. Would his family be proud of him for extracting revenge? Deeply confused, he arrived at Ostrheinsburg only to cross paths with a female warrior. In response to his deteriorating mental state, Yoshimitsu’s sword transformed. The blade had always belonged to the Manji Clan, but its wielder’s desire for revenge, together with the evil pervading in the air of Ostrheinsburg, had warped it. Only by bestowing on in it his own name was Yoshimitsu able to break free from the sword. Thinking back on everything he had done, he decided to give up his desire for revenge, and instead chose the path of righteousness. This would lead him to create a band of chivalrous thieves known as the Manjitou.
Other Soul Chronicles
While pursuing Lyla because she supposedly had Soul Edge, Yoshimitsu fought Maxi but lost, and the sword was actually a fake to attract money.
Roughly a year later, Yoshimitsu seemingly crosseed blades with Taki, but it turned out to be automaton when the former Fu-Ma ninja defeated him.
Yoshimitsu attacked the Conduit just as they were about to join forces with some bandits. After the fight, he warned them to be wary of the village they were about to enter. Later, Yoshimitsu found the village treasure before the Conduit and showed that the gold nuggets were evil and should be in no one’s possession. After destroying the treasure, Yoshimitsu revealed to the Conduit that the village chief and his co-conspirators killed the original residents of the village and turned it into a black market for stolen goods and their slaves.
Though most of Yoshimitsu's body is covered in army and his mask fully concealing his face, he is shown to have blue skin. When angered, his mouth and eyes exude a blue flame.
Yoshimitsu originally starts out as a vengeful warrior who was single-minded in his pursuit of vengeance and to seek out Soul Edge to enact retribution, often describing himself as a demon from hell. In spite of his proclamations, he is compelled to do good and cannot stand to let injustice fester. He also begins to doubt himself after hearing of Nightmare and coming to the conclusion that they're no different from each other as they seek to murder others to comfort themselves. After being saved by Sophitia, Yoshimitsu resolves to honor and avenge his clan as a champion of goodwill rather than bloodshed.
Yoshimitsu dons a full ensemble of Japanese ninja armor, prominently featuring eyes on his breastplate. His Color 1 has a white demon mask with green glowing eyes, mouth and a mane of red hair.
His Color 2 gives him a darker palette with red glowing details and white hair. This color is the representation of the Manji sword itself.
His Color 3 gives him a green suit of armor, golden gauntlets, a yellow hakama and a mane of blonde hair with green glowing eyes and mouth.
His Color 4 recolors his armor silver, his gauntlets black, and his hakama and hair red. He glows red in this costume.
Weapon & Style
A legendary sword that has been passed down through the Manjia clan for generations. It was given to Yoshimitsu when he proved himself the greatest warrior in his clan. Now, he keeps the sword close to hand and heart as he seeks revenge. Some say it is imbued with strange magic, but the secrets of its creation were lost when the Manji clan was destroyed.
The blade is shrouded in mystery, and may have even originated from the Fu-Ma clan, but none can say for certain. Its unbelievably strong spiritual power leads some to believe it was originally intended to be a ritual dagger. No matter its true purpose, it is more than suited for battle.
In Japan’s Warring States period, the influence ninja had on the balance of power and the outcome of battles cannot be underestimated. Ninja clans did not work specifically for any one person, and could not be hired by any warlord who had the coin. They had no interest in who won or lost the wars for control over the country, only in honing their skills.
The Manji clan’s village was located at the foot of Mt. Fuji. Unfortunately, they earned the ire of a powerful warlord, who saw to it that the clan was destroyed. Currently, their techniques live on through the lone survivor, Yoshimitsu, who dedicated his life to his clan’s martial arts. Manji ninjutsu’s unusual combat techniques are designed to leave an opponent bewildered, unsure of their opponent’s next move. Also, the swords used in Manji ninjutsu are not the straight ones most ninja clans employ, but curved at one end. In other words, Manji techniques are designed to be used with a katana. This allows its wielder to adapt to weapons they find while on a mission, or disguise themselves as samurai.
Yoshimitsu’s excellent swordsmanship puts him on par with the greatest swordsman of his time.
Ghost Thief Funeral: A downward slash from the above lets immediately move to the opponent in a bit slow. It can drain the opponent's health gauge on hit. This is highly effective in spending the soul gauge on powerful moves, but it could have trouble getting through the opponent's reach. 
- "Shikisoku Zeku!" — Character Selection, 1P
- "Quiet!" — Character Selection, 2P
- "Thou shalt be slain..."
- "It is anyone's battle!"
- "In that case... let's fight!"
- "Ninjas aren't fair!" — initiating Critical Edge
- "Deliver me... your soul!" — during Critical Edge
- "To hell you go!" — after Critical Edge
- "Let me guide you... to hell." — spoken after KO'ing with Critical Edge
- "This cannot be!"
- "You'll regret this!"
- "Cut me down, I grow stronger." — spoken when an opponent reaches decisive round
- "Time for the climax!" — spoken before the start of the final round
- "Evil will never prosper!" — spoken when an evil character reaches decisive round
- "A stroke of fate... Let us duel!" — Spoken when preparing to fight Taki or Mitsurugi
- "I'll expel... your vile karma!" — Spoken when preparing to fight Kilik or Grøh
- "Foul demon... Perish!" — Spoken when engaging a battle with Astaroth, Azwel, Cervantes, Nightmare, Raphael, Tira, Zasalamel, and himself.
- "So, that's how the seal works!" — Spoken after defeating Taki
- "Your swordmanship is profound indeed!" — Spoken after defeating Mitsurugi
- "Heaven's net casts wide. Though its coarse, nothing slips through." — Spoken after defeating Evil Characters (for example Nightmare or Cervantes) or himself
- "Let go... and pass through the six realms." — Spoken after defeating Kilik or Grøh
- "Tonight, a demon runs wild."
- "I am Yoshimitsu! Behold my magnificence!"
- "To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage."
- "How will this play out...?" — Spoken after landing a Reversal Edge.
- "Prepare thyself." — Spoken after landing a Reversal Edge.
- "The chance...of a lifetime." — Spoken after landing a Reversal Edge.
- "You're wide open!" — Spoken during a successful Reversal Edge.
- "Betrayal!" — Spoken during Reversal Edge.
- "No escape!"
- "It is I, Yoshimitsu!" — Taunt
- "All things must end." — Taunting a KO'd opponent
- "Scoundrel, you shall repent." — Taunting evil characters or himself
- "So vile."
- "What tragedy!" — Spoken when KO'd by Mitsurugi, Taki, Geralt, 2B or Haohmaru
- "How can this be...?!" — Spoken when KO'd by evil characters or himself
- "Humph. Most impressive." - spoken when Losing to a Time Out
- "Damn you... Well planned." - spoken when Losing to a Time Out to Kilik
- "Argh! I was outclassed." — Spoken after losing to Mitsurugi or Taki
- "Kill me so!" — Spoken after losing by Ring Out
- "Impossible!" — Spoken after losing by Ring Out a second time
- "Time to meet the demon."
- "Bring it on."
- "How rude!"
- "Now, it's a real battle!"
- "Rock solid."
- "Steep odds..."
- "I must stay sharp!"
- "Serenity now!"
- "I'd pray to the gods."
- "Marching on."
- "A second chance."
- "What a coincidence."
- "You will be punished, brigand!"
- "I won't lose to a scoundrel!"
- "I'll take that."
- "Now's my chance." — Spoken while dodging a Reversal Edge
- "You're wide open." — Spoken while dodging a Reversal Edge
- "How tragic!"
- "How fearsome!"
- "For heaven's sake!"
- "Seppuku!" — Erroneously spoken during Harakiri
- "Shame on thee!"
- "Unleash the beast!"
- "Thou shalt have...no mercy!" — during Devious Plot
- Last surviving member of the Manji clan.
- Saved by Sophitia from his Manji Blade, inspiring him to become a hero for those who can't defend themselves.
- Controlled an automaton to battle Taki
- Fought Maxi for the fake Soul Edge
- https://sc6.soularchive.jp/character/yoshimitsu.php States most of his biographical information.
- https://gematsu.com/2018/05/soulcalibur-vi-adds-yoshimitsu Official biography
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB9zqjlbDHA(Character reveal) States his weapon's name and nickname.
|Main Characters in the New Timeline of the Soul series|
|Amy | Astaroth | Azwel | Cassandra | Cervantes | Grøh | Hilde | Inferno | Ivy | Kilik | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Nightmare | Raphael | Seong Mi-na | Siegfried | Sophitia | Taki | Talim | Tira | Voldo | Xianghua | Yoshimitsu | Zasalamel|