- "My abyss... shall take you!"
- — Zasalamel
Zasalamel (ザサラメール, Zasaramēru) is a character in the Soul series of fighting games. He appeared in the game Soulcalibur VI, which marks his debut appearance in the new, rebooted Soulcalibur timeline. His nickname is The Dark Side of Karma.
Zasalamel, born into a clan called the Guardians of the Spirit Sword, has always been an excellent warrior. While his fighting skills were second-to-none, his arrogance drove him to a clan rule which ended with both his arms being broken and him being banished from his clan. Ever defiant, Zasalamel began studying ancient arts in the hope of discovering the secrets to reincarnation, but with everlasting life, a heavy price must be paid...
He wears a brand new costume, which also highly influenced by his previous installments. Its color swap is mainly black.
Zasalamel's self-taught style takes full advantage of the scythe's length in order to be deadly at any range. The key to victory for its practitioners call for a unique dependence on curses to draw their enemies in, as well as magic that can stop the time flow. 
The Voice from the Abyss: While slow, it has guard impact (GI) properties. Even if the opponent guards, the user will get to react before them, giving a good opportunity to curse them by dragging an opponent close from a distance and then strike. If the opponent anticipates the strategy, and performs a quick attack, defend it with critical edge.
- "Wise choice." - 1P Character Selection
- "It is time." - 2P Character Selection
- "Hmph... I knew you would say that."
- "Let the power of my words... sink into your soul!"
- "So, you still floundering, mortal."
- "Well then... Let us begin as planned."
- "Do not be a fool."
- "I knew it!"
- "What are you hiding?"
- "So you are Nightmare." — Spoken when starting Reversal Edge against Siegfried
- "I know all about you." — Spoken when starting Reversal Edge against Nightmare or Maxi
- "Know the power... of the abyss!" — Spoken when activating Soul Charge
- "Deeper... into the abyss!" — Spoken when activating Soul Charge on low health
- "Over here!"
- "I've waited for this!" — Spoken when activating Critical Edge
- "My abyss... shall take you!" — Spoken during Critical Edge
- "Satisfied now?" — Spoken at end of Critical Edge
- "Just as it is written." — Spoken at end of KO Critical Edge
- "I shall leave your hope in shreds."
- "Do not get ahead of yourself."
- "I shall continue with my quest... until I find what I seek."
- "Your purpose has ended. You may die now."
- "It was decided from the start!"
- "Start again anew once you're reborn."
- "Sleep... for eternity!"
- "This is your... fate."
- "I have yet to realize my plans!"
- "My journey must start again."
- "I shall live again."
- "I cannot see..."
- "I've yet to realize my plans!" — Suffering a Ring Out
- "A schemer caught in his own scheme!" — Suffering a Ring Out
- "Ahahaha! you puppet." — Taunt against Nightmare
- "Ready? Soul Edge." — Taunt against Inferno
- "Hmph... Whelp." — Taunt against Siegfried
- "Ignorance...is lamentable." — Taunt
- Some of his moves including his Critical Edge were inherited and derived from Abyss.
- By default, Zasalamel is the only male character to have the sacred visual during his soul charge.
- His animation taunt against Nightmare and Inferno is that from Abyss.
|Main Characters in the New Timeline of the Soul series|
|Amy | Astaroth | Azwel | Cervantes | Grøh | Inferno | Ivy | Kilik | Maxi | Mitsurugi | Nightmare | Raphael | Seong Mi-na | Siegfried | Sophitia | Taki | Talim | Tira | Voldo | Xianghua | Yoshimitsu | Zasalamel|